Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Your stupid tricks are already wearing me out.

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I think that at these points where I am already an experienced killer or survivor, I am getting tired of people who make attempts at 360 or run forward but backward or click with the flashlight and start doing 360 or the most pathetic of all, jumping a pallet and wait for the killer to hit you with a basic attack or hit back off guard.

The truth is that I think it takes away all the meaning of the game, it takes away the sense that this is a game of horror, survival, stealth and cooperative.

It reminds me a lot of the people who used to do calisthenics where I trained, they did tricks on the bars like 360 in the air and many twists and turns, but it had its main focus, mastering its own body weight, which is the main objective of that exercise discipline, in comparison if you do those tricks in the game does not make any sense, if the main focus of playing survivor is to survive and escape and the killer hunt and kill. To keep it short, it takes all the meaning out of a survival horror game.

Comments

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 626

Yeah....DBD has never been a horror game. Sure, it might have been scary in the first 20 hours but after that most people get over the fear. Other than the occasional jump scares the game itself really isn't all that scary. Theres nothing wrong with the tricks survivors have, the game isn't realistic at all anyways and even if you removed them the game still wouldn't feel like a survival horror game.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Almost any multiplayer game that claims to be "survival horror" ultimately ends up being party game.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

TL;DR:

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

If this game was all about survivors hiding all game long with the goal to never get seen the game would most likely already have been dead short after its release back in 2016.

Crouching around whole game, hiding is not only boring for the survivors but also for the killer. Looping, 360 etc. are what makes the game fun. You buy your team time to do their objective. What do you want? Want dem survs to run in a straight line and die? Or better let them all spawn in in dying state at the beginning of the mach with a 0.1% chance to recover?

Srsly killer need to stop moaning. All you killer mains cry about "balance" the whole time but wanting a 80%+ (or more) kill rate is NOT balance. Balance would be 50% kill and 50% escape rate. Which means 2 kills per match!

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Its kind of two styles of play,

Thematic play, chase, mindgame, run, hide etc generally more enjoyable, usually lower ranks. This game at its best.

Then there's competitive abuse every mechanic possible for advantage play, absuing tech, twirling on spot, hugging the same rock with a smaller hitbox and just circling it to waste time, constant moonwalking, mashing locker tech, meta builds, agressive DS etc etc. A lot of it is unnecessary to win games and generally not as fun to play. Definitely reduces the horror element of the game to a comedic mess. Usually the higher ranks and the more post game salty crowd.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

What do you want people to do? Run in a panic into a wall. You get desensitised to any horror media after playing or watching it for some time.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

That's usually what happens if you're a fan of horror, you watch so much of it that it starts getting cliche and realize all there is in horror movies/tv shows they end up having screamers everywhere. The only time I've actually been scared is if I stop watching or playing anything horror related and go back to it after a month or so. I'm pretty sure anyone would realize that horror seems to be dying if they keep using the same ideas, I mean I still appreciate the dark ambience, atmosphere and all that but looking for horror in a multiplayer game seems to be impossible now a days.

I believe what's needed in a game that's horror is one that isn't online multiplayer to begin with, I could be wrong though as I'm sure there are other games out there that's a horror PvE game but can still have online gameplay.

Fans of the horror genre just won't easily find things scary where as newcomers can still find it scary and do it for thrills.

• Phasmamain

I just like to think of dbd as a horror themed game as opposed to full on horror

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

It’s only a computer game though, how long do you expect people to be afraid of something on a game?

• Jarol

That is how the developers or those who sell the game (Steam for example) qualify it, in itself, it is a horror-themed game, also asymmetrical, perhaps for a newbie it scares you at first, but for those of us who are more experienced it is already a more cooperative game

• Jarol

I never said to run next to a wall, I only express my point of view to people who try to do tricks in games, an example, Ayrun when he plays survivor.

• Phasmamain

I mean killers are constantly walking backwards so I think it’s fine