It's inevitable Dead Hard is going to get nerfed.

Options

I think the DS nerf has created a chain reaction that made it possible for other survivor perks to be nerfed. And the perk on the chopping block this time is dead hard. There has noticeable surge in threads complaining about Dead Hard and because of this its safe to assume that dead hard will be nerfed soon. What do you think? Is it going to get nerfed? Why or why not? And do you think the nerf will make dead hard bad?

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

Honestly I see most complaints about how it doesnt work well.

I could see an indirect nerf happening with the other exhaustion perks getting a slight buff so they are used just as much. Having other exhaustion perks improved would be a good thing honestly.

Killers are screwed over a lot but dead hard isn't the issue

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684
    Options

What is DS nerf ? I still play it and i saw no différences ???

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited February 2021
    Options
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    Options

Will be nerfed with the next Chapter (Chapter 19), basically deactivates when repairing a Gen, cleansing a Totem, sabotaging a Hook, unhooking someone or healing someone. Other than that, it remains the same.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

If I had a choice between keeping DS as it is now and nering DH, I'd nerf DH everytime. It's just an opinion and for me DH and OoO are far more problematic than DS.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

NOED has been complained for years now and nothing significant has been changed about it. Dont worry, DH will stay as it is right now.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

The problem with nerfing dead hard is no matter how you nerf it it will end up extremely bad / probably useless.

For example let's go with the ideas killers commonly pitch for nerfing it:

1. Greatly nerf its distance traveled

It already doesn't give you THAT much distance. It's only felt when it let's a survivor make it to a life saving pallet or window vault etc. Literally every other exhaustion perk will give you far more distance than dead hard does by default. Obviously dead hard can potentially give you more by allowing you to get to a safe zone.

2. Remove the invincibility frames from it

I don't really like this idea but if you do this then all you get is a dash forward. Fun fact, some people use Sprint Burst in this fashion, they bait the killer to attack them while they're walking and they sprint burst away before they can get hit. So it basically would be kind of like that? But the issue would still remain of dead hard allowing survivors to make it to safe pallets, just without the guarantee of invincibility.

So that's why killers want it to be nerfed both ways usually which would make it actually 100% useless but I guess that's what they want.

Personally I just want it to not work over Trapper bear traps. I feel like dead hard is perfectly fine in its current state when compared to the other exhaustion perks. I get it, it takes some game sense and smart playing to bait it out and play around it but at the end of the day I genuinely feel like it's just people wanting it nerfed to be useless instead of learning how to deal with it. It's literally the most predictable exhaustion perk ever like come on people 😭

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

I can definitely see them at least removing the invulnerability aspect of the perk (when it works).

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options
  • CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Yes soon all survivor perks will be nerfed to the ground as we all know the devs are actually killer-sided. My evidence you ask, they've yet to nerf the pig.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

As a killer main, yeah deadhard is rough somethimes but i dont care if it get changed or not. The game has bigger issues. Like fast gens when survivors are injured, and no, Thana is not changing anything on that, unless its default.

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670
    Options

So when they fix it, instead of failing to work 50% of the time it will not work 95% of the time.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Dead Hard has a full rework in the pipeline, but it's most likely clogged in the back.

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794
    Options

Survivors on the other hand are perfectly content with what they're given. Undying came out and changed the game's meta and survivor mains flocked to the forums to shout about how great they thought it was and how they didn't want it to be changed.

...let's not start that fight, shall we?

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Yeah I believe the same, and I believe after DH gets recoded (with the new code making it worse) the next will be Iron Will.

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566
    edited February 2021
    Options

I honestly can’t see DH being changed. Like somebody else mentioned, it’s being reworked to be more consistent. That doesn’t sound like it’s being nerfed anytime soon lol. Besides, what could they even change about it? Killers constantly 4K against an entire team using it. I personally don’t think it’s as strong as people think.

It’s only really a pain in the ass when survivors use it to get to a safe pallet, but that’s situational because most survivors that use it against me just use it out in the open and it literally does nothing to help them.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
    Options

I don't see Dead Hard getting nerfed because it truly isn't ALL that detrimental to killers. Yes its annoying that it saves survivors after they make a bad play or even get out played but it is what it is and If your smart as killer you wont over commit anyway. Wait it out if it gets them to a pallet or a super strong tile move one and catch then later on.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    Options

You seem to be very one sided with your comments, and not just in this thread, why? It's no different with survivors. It's always thread after thread asking the devs to nerf tunneling, slugging, camping, NOED, Spirit, Freddy, Death Slinger, PoP and even BBQ. Why are you so vocal about putting killers down for wanting change but are silent when survivors, especially since they do it more?

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369
    Options

Same as killer mains, just argue with killer mains same brainless argument the one that could do civic discussion is the one that doesnt said things like this.

Welp but whatever in killer mains survivor mains is bad anything they do.

When playing killer I didnt mind so much about DH its rare perk to use correctly you could count in a day how much it landed successfully. The worst it gets only landed you to nearer pallet or window.

Yes i remember it, even though killer said its op but rarely someone will waste perk on this adrenaline.

I think still same for DH, most people still use Sb or lithe other than DH.

I like lithe more than DH due to inconsistencies for DH.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231
    Options

dude i dont know how people cant just hold w a bit longer

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

I don't mind if DH gets nerfed or not. Most likely it'll still be a great perk even if it gets nerfed.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Are you sure about that? I think Adrenaline never got touched and complaints about Adrenaline are older than DS. And the first DS "nerf" was actually a buff.

The major thing is, Dead Hard is 100% timing reliant (if not used just for distance) which is simply not working with dedicated servers. I don't think they will buff or nerf it, they will simply rework it from scratch to create something that is actually working with servers. Like a "press E to eat purple pills" efffect. Which would be way stronger than current version. But let's just see what happens

And to OP, not sure what you mean with chain reaction. Sounds a bit too much. They are constantly working on perks, addressing the most flamed topics and rework continuously what is complained about. Not only perks, also killers (debatable if they fix things or make it worse). This is not a "downhill-chain-reaction" this is simply evolvement, or not?

disagreed. there are a lot of good ideas that several content creators presented which are not taken into account. they address what most people talk about imo, and that is better represented by the forum rather than 50 fog whisperers that play the game like 4-8 hours per day. If they listened to fog whisperers in the first place, the ruin change would never have happened

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Just to call to mind: NOED was reworked like 3 times or something like that, being cummulative nerfs. The initial version was just permanent instadown after the last gen, as there were no totems in the game yet. No counterplay

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021
    Options

Dead Hard won't be nerfed.

People are just mad because trying to play nurse kinda exposes how BS it can be more than any other killer. It's a hard counter to her and people are annoyed because so many people are taking hard nurse counter builds.

It will settle down after the tome; but people are going to complain more for the next couple months not less.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905
    Options

I’m just saying it good survivors don’t need deadhard to escape only bad players that cannot win a chase without a crutch use it and I know I’m right I’ve played tons of games using huntress and clowns exhaustion addons and a large majority of dh survivors that run it die easily without it because they cannot loop or run the killer without a crutch it’s as simple as that

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684
    Options

Yeah so of course killer mains cried again and got what they wanted

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options

Topkek remember when nurse nerf got confirmed and they went for the next best killer?

Both sides do it.

So it happens now is the killer turn to take away survivor toys.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

But devs already confirmed they are changing it to work BETTER than it currently does, meaning they aren’t changing what it does.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

It’s almost like how scrub survivors clamored for old Ruin to be changed, then demanded a pop nerf, then cried about undying and got that nerfed. Yup, it’s definitely just killers.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

Ok I wasn't on the forum when ruin was talked about getting nerfed so I don't know but we're people really complaining about ruin?

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

Yup, it was almost universally hated by survivor mains because they didn’t like skill checks.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

There were almost no complaints about old Ruin. Meanwhile, Killers complain about basically every Survivor Perk - even those who are weak (mainly before they are hitting live).

And to be honest, old Ruin was effortless Slowdown. Not really anything that should exist in the game.

• dspaceman20
    Options

Can you show a post talking about ruin before it was nerfed?

• dspaceman20
    Options

Based on the number of post you have, I can assume you were on before ruin got nerfed right?

Was there really barely any post about ruin?

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

I mean, it is quite a while, but no, there were not really much complaints. The Killer Perk which was a hot topic back then was NOED, but not Ruin. And personally, I never cared much for Ruin, I did not run it myself (I dont like Hex-Perks, I felt stressed when running Ruin) and I was also able to hit the great Skillcheck every time.

I also did not think about any need of nerfing it tbh, but in retrospect, it made complete sense, especially since old Ruin was perfectly paired with (buffed) PGTW.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

There isn't a single baby survivor who knows how to properly use DH. Every single one of these baby survivors would be better served equipping another exhaustion perk that activates automatically.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

Doubt it. DS is getting changed because people are (ab)using it outside its intended use. Dead Hard on the other hand is used to dodge a hit or get that little push to reach an objective, which is it's purpose.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317
    Options

Pyramid Head, Blight, Legion, Hillbilly, Oni, Undying, Ruin, Pop, Discordance, and so many more.

Why complain and say Killers get everything when killers were nerfed just as much. Quit being ignorant that your side gets everything nerfed.

• Aven_Fallen
    edited February 2021
    Options

Pyramid Head? What exactly? That he cannot see Cages anymore? Wow... For the increase of Cooldown after cancelling the ability he got a compensation-buff as well.

Blight? Compound-21? Which should not have been released like this in the first place, because it was way too good? Let alone that he also got buffed.

Legion? Yeah, got nerfed, but nobody can think that old Legion was any healthy for the game.

Billy? Billys Nerf was kinda justified. He was called "the most balanced Killer" for years already and many things got changed, Survivors got Nerfs for two years, the game got so much better for Killer. So something what was called "the most balanced Killer" in 2018 will not be "the most balanced Killer" a few years afterwards.

Oni? The Flick? Which did not even make it too live, but they buffed it afterwards.

Discordance? Got buffed.

Pop? Which got barely nerfed? And buffed massively before?

Yay. Big whataboutism I guess.

But I dont really care about Dead Hard. It would be just another Perk nerfed and Killers would still be bad at the game, because instead of admitting mistakes they go for Perks, SWF or simply justify their losses with "Killer is sooo hard and stressful".

This is my last post in this thread, really, it is just dumb.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    Options

It's probably because Adrenaline isn't used as much nowadays. It's still strong but it gets switched out for other perks that don't require genrush like DS, BT, Dead Hard, etc.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317
    Options

The point is, you're oblivious to the nerfs survivors get as well. Your last post being "I'M RIGHT, YOU ARE WRONG. KILLERS GET EVERYTHING GRRR."

These are the things though, they still got nerfed. There are so many more, plus the Freddy rework because he's stronger than usual killers. It's just ignorant to say that one side gets more when both get the same amount. It's just time and time.

Let's ignore one thing, and go for other things.