Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dead Hard from a skilled killers POV

2»

Comments

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited February 2021
  • MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I love Dark Souls. Because it's a pve experience where people aren't getting robbed of their hard work because they are lines of code and not real people, and also even in the PvP aspect it's something that both parties have access to and so it's fair by double unfairness.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312

If you knew anything about tru3 you know he loves chases and mind gaming he also thinks DH is a very good perk and you don't see him complaining. Also he got the 4k with a good amount of hooks which he even mentioned at the end of that video, but oh he slugged killers aren't allowed to do that. Granted tru3 does have exceptional skill but that just goes to show you if you get good enough you'll be alright a majority of the time. Sometimes you will lose but that's just part of it.

• RoachesDelight

No they really aren't normal and if you can't admit that you know that sometimes probably at the very least once per game you get a hit that probably shouldn't be a hit you're just straight up lying and full of it.

• DjangoTheGhostface
    DjangoTheGhostface Member Posts: 137

I think so. Deadhard is only second to DS for being the sole reason i survive. Its like people who say DS is op, you must really suck if you can't figure out how to make it carry you.

But then again i have some of the people on here say the darnest ######### and you're like obviously they're trolling but then you see them get pissed and get into arguments that aren't comedic or overblown so its just like ######### lol.

Also tho you gotta be careful because this is a really diverse community, not just because of the huge LGBT community but people of all different minds you know? I have mix feelings about that because this game is so.....unfair? ive seen a lot of posts with people having legit breakdowns after playing the game for 1000s of hours, but you can't control who plays or how rage inducing the game is. Just something to keep in mind because i think we have a lot more people on the spectrum than most gaming communities, i forget myself a lot of the time

• DjangoTheGhostface
    DjangoTheGhostface Member Posts: 137

See like this, the I frames are what dead hard does! Thats the perk! Most people have a problem with the distance it creates, this is literally the first time ive seen someone argue the opposite especially because deadharding as you describe it is a really ineffective way to use it, like of you don't like baby survivors dead harding into walls imagine how pissed you'll be when you start seeing people dead hard to extend loops and make it to pallets lol

King of hot takes

• and if you have 5000 hours in a fighting game you can come back and beat other players even after starting with a half-full health bar, does that mean it's balanced?

No, Dead Hard shouldn't be able to just take away a hook like that. When used correctly it's easily as powerful as Decisive Strike or Mettle of Man, except without the requirements or limited window of use.

• RoachesDelight

So based upon what you've said about tru3 and all the rest of the nonsense it's 100% absolutely certain that you have not a clue what you're on about and just another salty killer main that makes the rest of the people who play killer look bad. So good day to you

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

"In my eyes killers who complain about DH are the equivalent of a salty face camper that loses every game"

OhTofu complains about "E to outplay". And I bet there are more competent killers that complain about it. Not intending to block the discussion, just as a hint to not generalize like that.

Btw, calling everyone a "salty face camper that loses every game" that disagrees with you in your introduction is not the best way to start a discussion

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

"A single chase" would suggest you wouldn't know to stop chase because you have no prior data to draw from...

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

This is just not true. You can tell very well Killers are counting on latency hits because they swing often and sometimes too early. Window? Gonna swing and hope. Pallet? Gonna swing and hope. Is this true of all Killers? No, of course not, but that idea that Killers aren't aware and don't try to take advantage at all is just not true.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Knew you would bring up the 4k.

The game was over with a 2k but survivors didn't just leave like they should have.

I have had many games that turn from a 1k to a 4k because survivors have no reason to leave thanks to pips not being tied to escapes while killers pip IS tied to kills.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Are you basing all this off using DH to dodge a hit and ignoring DH for distance?

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Because it’s a stupid reason to whiff a hit. And that’s what makes it more frustrating.

Sure, DH for distance is annoying to deal with, I’m not disputing the majority stance on that. But it makes sense why a hit didn’t occur (if one was attempted): the survivor is no longer within striking range.

But if the reason a chase is extended is because i think they’re attempting a 360 and time my hit accordingly, only for them to DH straight back into me, then continue running past me and behind me, then that’s simple BS. It’s dumb that my weapon passes through the survivor character model but doesn’t count as a registered hit.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I end matches in .1 seconds, just like you can't prove that you are a "high skilled killer" then you also need to believe that I can finish matches in .1 second.

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435

How does someone pressing x to make it to a pallet or window say anything about how good I am? I can't bait a dead hard when they use it to keep their distance from me. There is no outplay potential, just press x to outplay.

See the problem with DH is that it's the only perk survivors run.

Sprint Burst?

Stronger than DH but harder to manage, so the only survivors that end up using it are the ones who use it to bait swings, which screws themselves

Lithe?

More consistent than DH, but hard to know when to use it.

Balanced Landing

Right... That perk...

Head Dard is used by everyone because it's stupidly easy to use, and has no counter play when it's used properly.

• DivineZak
    DivineZak Member Posts: 14

Safe Palletes lol? You can still get hit on a stun and they can fly to same side of pallet, not to mention getting hit on other side of pallet.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

If it's the most used, the most powerful and can drastically effect an entire trial (Like NOED?).. Then why were you guys begging for a DS nerf before a Dead Hard nerf? No one was complaining about dead hard until DS got nerfed. Hell the perk doesnt even work 75% of the time.. you end up dead on the floor.

• "you guys" who is that? the killer main council who speaks for us all?

I wasn't even posting here then lmao I can't speak for everyone but DH has always been far more annoying than current DS for me.

• jrinkwater
    jrinkwater Member Posts: 314

DH has never affected me as killer but a small handful of times. And even then it was deserved.

as surv I never run it

• Wingmonster
    Wingmonster Member Posts: 27

Ok another person who's like "Oh if you don't like a perk you suck get good gg ez uninstall" Okay then.

• ttvbardberd
    ttvbardberd Member Posts: 144

You guys realize he's defending DH right? It's a powerful perk and is good in the game. Literally the way to counter it is to just get right up the ass of the person you're chasing lmao.

I agree, people that complain about DH are the same people that complained about DS even though it's perfectly fine, and even with the 'nerf' it's still going to do exactly what it did before.

Some people on this forums get so salty about stuff but then agree with your point? Like who's side are you on bro? lmao.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369
    edited February 2021

He predicted your shot through a wall and acted accordingly, just the same way you predicted his movement and acted accordingly. Thing is, he had a perk to save himself ONCE during a chase from that situation, and that would have worked only if he predicted your actions. If you had, let’s say, that Demo useless perk to prevent him from using DH would he come to the forum and call it BS and single player logic?

I’m not even defending DH or the OP, I just don’t see your logic in that statement. Your opponent used a perk to counterplay your actions, which couldn’t have done if he had less game sense, reflexes etc. I don’t see anything “not competitive” in that.

There are actually a ton of mechanics like that in every (really) competitive game.

Honestly if I have to give my opinion about all of this, the problem isn’t Dead Hard. It’s gens and how coordination can end a game so fast. Always has been. You wouldn’t worry about losing 30 seconds because of a DH if the trial lasted more than 4 minutes.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

He didn't predict the shot. That's why he had to Dead Hard in the first place. The damage indicator popped up under his feet so he hit "E to undo misplay"

Also why would that even justify the case in a 4 v 1 game? If the killer makes a good read it has -by the concept of an asymmetrical game- to have more value than the read of 1 out of 4 opponents.

Anything else literally means the survivors can 1 v 1 the killer which again is not balanced in terms of the asymmetrical concept.

Anyway I'm really done with this topic. My opinion is clear and rational. People don't have to accept my opinion.

Guess I'll just run Dead Hard myself so I can 1 v 1 the killer even if he uses his power perfectly in a 4 v 1 game where I can take two hits. That's fair.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

BHVR have already shown that they refuse to increase gen times and are nerfing any killer perk that does. What does this leave us with?

we had an early game staller with ruin/undying and they essentially removed that from the game. "Everyone" loves scott junds idea of gen parts because they light up like a neon sign and halve the repair speed of a generator for a single survivor. Zero thought, zero prek requirements, and a faster game to allow survivors to toy with the killer for bp or just escape like a depip squad.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

They never said the park wasn’t good they are just stating the obvious which is DH is so easy to play around so complaining about it seems like a noob move. I agree it is a very strong perk WHEN it works and if used for distance but the amount of survs I’ve come across that can use it to its full potential yeah not that many. It’s so easy to bait it out. I don’t understand all the complaints. Just my two cents though.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

Dead hard is overrated, and half of the time poorly used. Would rather use Lithe or sprint burst for extendint a chase.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Dead Hard is absolutely busted. It's a third health state, simply because it provides i-frames which other exhaustion perks don't have. You're not winning a match against 4 survivors who all have Dead Hard.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

By your logic every exhaustion perk is busted then right? All of them extend chases or have the potential to. I’d love to see stats on the ones crying about DH. My assumption is either they just plain suck or they 4k nearly every game and still ######### about perks to prolong a survivors time in a trail. Just play the game and quit complaining. Killer is easiest now then it EVER has been but that’s still not good enough. Let’s just take all perks outta the game killer too.

• RoachesDelight
    edited February 2021

You mention tru3 replying to my response to his video to supposedly prove that DH is OP and busted and blablabla salt salt salt. In that video he killed all 4 survivors and then you go on to say that he's only an average player and not very skilled. Well there you go then, if an "average" player can get a 4k while people are using DH to prolong their chase and get distance and waste time, then a player who is above average should have an even easier time with DH. With every comment you make you just prove that you really don't know what you're talking about and your logic is more busted than you claim DH is. :)

Post edited by RoachesDelight on
  • Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

i have no issues with DH. i just wonder what metric you use to say your skilled?

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Is anyone else just exhausted of posts that read "If you need to use perk/tactic X, then you are a terrible Killer/Survivor" ?

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670

Dead hard is not that big of a deal. It’s strong, but it’s not too strong. Yeah, is a survivor with a DH, DS, BT, and Unbreakable a bit annoying? Is a team of them more annoying? Sure, but while DH is widely used, it is widely used badly, and killers can play around it. Sure you can get that one survivor who is amazing with it, but guess what, you can get them too with a little practice.

OP is dead on. I survivor main, and only have it on one of my builds. I play enough killer to know it’s just not that big of a deal.

• JimbusCrimbus
    JimbusCrimbus Member Posts: 1,060
    edited February 2021

Dead Hard users and skilled players are two completely different things.

Sorry - if you're running Dead Hard, you're barely mediocre. At best.

If you are only still up because of your Dead Hard, you did nothing impressive. You pressed a button.

• Arkslippyjr
    Arkslippyjr Member Posts: 5

Yeah no it's a problem from killer to killer if you are playing trapper people can ignore your well placed traps by dead hard or if you are a demo with a shred lined up and they dead hard out of the way all you get is a mild headache

Dead hard is fundamentally messed up on certain killers end it should not stop traps

Your comment is not particularly accurate to the general players cause I don't think I can counter dead hard by continuing to follow him and waiting for him to drop a pallet on my head

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

yeah difference is that none of the others are just manually activatable at will and have strict requirements to them that i can expect and play around as killer.

Sprint Burst only works at the beginning of the chase, Lithe requires a window or head pallet to be vaulted, Balanced Landing requires them to drop down from a high place, Adrenaline requires the 5th generator to be repaired and Head On i wont count.

Dead Hard is the only one that has literally no activation condition that has to be met (besides being injured ofc, but thats gonna be the case against literally any killer in any chase, exclusing the first chase against oneshot killers), therefore can be used at any given time during any loop.

• The_Nightmare
    The_Nightmare Member Posts: 65

Honestly it's all on how it's used and the timing of it also. Im a killer main but also do play some survivor. DH in my experience can be a huge second chance perk get you out of some sticky situations, but then I've seen survivors straight up DH into a wall or something. So yeah it's all on how's it's played. Another thing also is I've never heard any killers really complaining about DH anyways. Decisive strike, unbreakable, and so on always center of conversation lol

• The_Nightmare
    The_Nightmare Member Posts: 65

Amen to everyword of this. If I get my butt whooped good for them, helps me see what im doing wrong. And if I get to mad, just close the app and take a break lol

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I 100% agree. I've never had a problem with DH, at least not more of a problem than the rest of exhaustion.

Dead Hard does the same thing the others do, grant the survivor more chase time, only difference is it's usually used in your face.

I dunno about you, but I seriously prefer DH over a few others. Instead of having them book it (when I was just about to get a hit) and possibly hide, they just took my hit while I've still got the same distance on them. Not to mention, the amount it messes up, this perk doesn't need a nerf.

If Dead Hard needs a nerf because it robs killers of their hits, then so do most of the other Exhaustion perks.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

Agree x100000

Most of the players who use DH don't even use it properly/to it's full potential. Not to mention how it doesn't work 50% of the time.

I also do not understand the whole argument of "i'm being robbed of a hit!". Do you know how many times survivors are robbed of health states due to hit boxes and hit detection not working properly (if at all)? I'm talking BEFORE the update.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited February 2021

The only thing I'd really change about Dead Hard is the fact that you can go past Trapper's traps. Aside from that honestly I agree with you OP - Within reason anyway. Some maps the perk is quite strong on similar to how Balanced Landing was absolutely busted on a handful of maps to the point where it got hard nerfed and barely anyone uses it.

To clarify what I agree on - People getting frustrated at the perk instead of acknowledging the situations behind it. Almost always a survivor will prep so the distance between them and the pallet is perfect distance to use. I've never struggled with this perk aside from where tiles loaded that was a losing chase anyway. For example 3 strong windows next to each other, 2 strong pallets nearby, etc.