Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I've had enough. This needs to be said.

Imagine_Milk
Imagine_Milk Member Posts: 95
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Devs. You guys are honestly very impulsive. I can't even play a game without depiping. I work my ASS off to survive but still can't survive. I keep deranking every match because of the teammates I get. Nobody asked for the new animations or HUD. You guys don't even listen to your community who try and help you make this game better. You guys only follow your path and never take advice from us. I don't understand why some things need to be rectified immediately but the ones that need to be fixed immediately are put off. For example, you guys are so worried about getting killers in the game but you don't even pay attention to what needs to be fixed. I love this game but, the state that it is in may make this game decline. I can't rank up. My teammates are all over the place. I'm sorry that I'm this serious but it must be said. You guys don't even play your own game too often which can show that you guys don't have REAL empathy for us. But with that being said, I don't hate anything about this game. It's my favorite game to play in my free time. I just wish you guys would pay attention to the things that are significant.

NOTE "PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS MY OPINION. I DONT WANT TO GET BANNED FOR MY CLAIM."

"my post was also reworded by a mod"

Have a great day! Feel free to give me criticism

Post edited by Imagine_Milk on

Comments

• Imagine_Milk

i never said it is the devs fault for bad teammates. please don't put words in my mouth.

• Thunderous_670
    Thunderous_670 Member Posts: 137

Bro that's so true, I thought I was just tripping out but yeah sometimes when I down survivors they literally crawl like 5-8 meters by the time I finish cleaning my knife, like what the heck, if I didn't use deerstalker I might lose them.

• lexihvh
    lexihvh Member Posts: 74

Hi, I'm the guy who asked for the new Animations and HUD

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I know this is irrelevant but I am curious about your nickname. What is it supposed to mean?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited February 2021

Heh; that is funny. Most people capitalize certain words to create intonation of speech, or the closest thing we can do on the internet. My points stand on their own two feet just fine. I will tilt with the windmill of blaming other people for one's problems until hell freezes over. Most Survivor problems are caused by the Survivor or other Survivors. It isn't the game, nor even the Killer that is getting Survivors killed. It is mistakes. Ask yourselves what you can do better after every match. Record and review your matches. I assure you that even if you think you played it perfectly, you didn't. You will find things you could have done better.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

There are many people who are speaking up to them.

Unfortunately it's all directed to deaf ears.

I even made a thread about that it is time for a QOL chapter because they are not competent enough to do both.

But there is definitely something that needs to happen, and soon too.

I fear if they continue to go down this road, they will start losing players and there would even be a possibility that other companies will push for a more similar game as dbd as a substitute.

I know there were a few who tried, but you only need 1 company who delivers just at the right time which could mean the end for dbd

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264

We can complain all we want, but we're still here playing the game, buying dlc, cosmetics, rift pass etc, and until we stop that they wont listen. they can get away with this because there's no competition and we as a community keep putting up with it.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

No one is speaking up? Huh? What? Is this your first day here?

• Imagine_Milk

You obviously did not read my post thoroughly. I do not have any context of saying since I cannot rank up, dbd is a bad game. I never said that. please do not put words in my mouth. I overall said dbd is going to decline because of the things that aren't immediately rectified that have to be fixed.

• Imagine_Milk

No, it is not. I rarely see anyone on the page say anything that is related to what I'm saying. Im taking the risk to possibly get banned to show how selfish the devs can be. Im taking a step up. Have you seen anyone on this page say anything with bravery?

• Imagine_Milk

selfish arent you? dont want to argue with you. Im taking a risk of getting banned to show how the devs really are. a mod even reworded my post.

• EvanSnowWolf

Name one courageous thing you said.

Then name one thing you said that is ban-worthy.

Here's a newflash: if your thread was too hot for TV, it would have been taken down by now. The fact the mod removed the word "ignorant" and left the rest of the post is proof of that.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789
    edited February 2021

I very much disagree that the devs listen to the community. The devs are imperfect and I don't agree with their prioritization of new content before polishing what we have. I'm sure everyone has their pet issues they'd want the devs to prioritize first as well. Still, I understand their perspective as well, and I find them generally receptive to community feedback.

There weren't many people asking for the new animations because they weren't making the game less playable and people were used to them. Same with the HUD. Still, the new animations are generally more realistic and fluid, and also if you're only concerned with gameplay they're also not that big of a deal. The HUD needs a bit of work still (e.g. hard to read hook progress bars, inconsistent sizing of different elements), but even its current state I think it is a massive upgrade over the old HUD. The added information (portraits, hook state counter / total hook counter), UI scaling options, and much improved performance outweigh any aesthetic complaints from my perspective. People are calling it "scattered", but it basically just took the information from the bottom left and moved it to the top left while keeping everything else the same. I think this is more a question of people being frustrated they need to reset their instincts of where to look for certain information than the new HUD actually being that bad.

Developing a game based on only community feedback in an asymmetrical game would be an absolute nightmare. This forum routinely pillories the devs for only listening to survivor/killer feedback whenever a balance change is made that is correctly or incorrectly perceived as hurting the other side, but now we're apparently getting mad that they dared improve the game in a way not specifically requested by the community. It's exhausting watching the forum vacillate between stances while only staying consistent in their anger at the developers who, it also needs to be said, are responsible for making this awesome game that brought us all to this forum in the first place. They also have added a ton of improvements to the game over its lifespan that weren't specifically clamored for by the community, but which nonetheless made the experience of playing better. Should we go back to the old engine, pre-rework maps, old models and animations for gens, items, etc. just because the community wasn't clamoring for the new ones when they were released?

-----

You seem to be tilted in part because MMR isn't live yet and your teammates are therefore potatoes. This has been the case since launch and they're also working on it. There's also some irony in accusing the devs of being out of touch with their game while simultaneously blaming teammates for your inability to rank up. Not trying to be an ass, but it might pay to wait until you cool down from your matches before posting :)

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

I legit feel like the only reason why this is happening this badly is that the devs themselves don't play the game as much as the players do. It's such a small fraction that their reality of the game is completely off to the player's reality of the gameplay.

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

If that is true why do we have a pipping system at all? Indeed a game like this SHOULD match you with team mates that match your skill. Not by magic, but by using your professional developer brain. How about a ranking system where you unlock ranks by completing little training mode tasks like how to loop and mind game your opponent?

It absolutley is the devs fault when I have bad team mates bc their ranking system totally fails at it's job. Hire creative and innovative people to fix their ridiculous disparity of player's skill in every match.

• EvanSnowWolf

Except they do. Heck, one of the lead developers is a proud NOED runner.

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378

But do they play in a very competitive level? Red ranks is an absolute shred fest where 1 mistake could super screw one side or the other.

I mean legit can you even look at Haddonfield and say "Yep this is pretty balanced."

• Imagine_Milk

"People are speaking up but they get banned lol GL"

"You’re pretty brave for doing so tbh. Thank you for doing it because the community needs to get more involved in topics like this."

• Moundshroud
    edited February 2021

How new are you? :) The Pips help you earn Rank but your Rank has less to do with who you are matched with than the needs of the Que, your Region, and the time of day. Ultimately... "the Spice must flow" and thus they have to keep the matches going or the game dies. Thus, you are matched more often by the "first in first out method" and nothing else. It has been that way for well over a month, almost two now.

Even if/when they get the new MMR system running, what makes you think it is going to work that hard on matching your teammates with you by skills? The primary function will be to match the OVERALL rating of the Survivors combined against the Killer's rating. That is the paradox of the 4v1; it will not be matching you with individuals of your own Skill. It is going to match you in a batch, and then that batch is going to be roughly lined up with a Killer they think will make a decent challenge.

You are going to have to be both pragmatic and realistic. Control the things you can control, i.e. yourself and those teammates you can communicate with directly. This is the game. It isn't going to change much. You either rise to the challenges it presents or you move on to a game that better meets your needs. When you play Survivor you are going to have bad teammates from time to time (it may even seem that way all the time). Even when you get good teammates, there is still going to be at least one weakest link. The winner of a match is the side that makes the fewest mistakes, and there being more Survivors, there are more potential mistakes.

In regards to your notion of a training mode, what I am guessing you mean by a more in depth tutorial, it isn't viable. Why? This game has too many variables. Every Killer has his/her own style, tactics, and strategies. There are the random elements of the spawn, builds, and add-on(s)/offerings. There is (as already discussed) the unpredictable nature of your teammates. A training mode only works, for matching purposes, if there is minimum standard of behavior and expectation of behaviors. Those do not exist in Dead by Daylight. The best a tutorial can manage is something covering the mechanical aspects of the game. Bad teammates are not failing the mechanical aspects; they are simply failing in adaptation and strategy. There is no fix for that other than them simply getting better over time.

• Imagine_Milk

I literally get scared when you comment on my post cause I feel like a idiot lol.

• Moundshroud

That is never my intent, and I do regret if that is the case for you or anyone else. I'm just thorough. I don't waste time and try to argue the points and do it with support. Sometimes it is overkill; I admit that. I certainly don't think people who disagree with me are idiots. Occasionally I'll run into someone who is being what is called "willfully ignorant" and that is a horse of a different color as they say in Oz. We talk about these things with the intent to come to understanding. I've been wrong before, and when it happens, I eat crow. If I learn something new and get corrected, at least I will know better next time. If some of my posts (harsh or not) help anyone, then they are worth doing. They are not intended to make anyone feel less intelligent.

• siren_sorceress
    edited February 2021

Lol 5k hours, since 2017 new. I do not have time to read that novel lol. Something just accept useless matchmaking and ranking something something. There's nothing challenging about being forced to play with newbies. I'm not here to carry and die for useless team mates. If that hurts your feelings, well that's on you.

• Moundshroud

Hrm. I'm torn on how to respond to this. I don't write long posts to show off my vocabulary or revel in my own wit. I answer posts which catch my eye because the issues involved are often being misunderstood and looked at backwards. I honestly want to help people, even if it calls for "tough love" and will not win me any virtual friends. In short, if I am going to state an idea/premise, I'm going to support said statement. That is how it is supposed to be done. Otherwise we are all just spouting out opinions with no concern for validity. Facts become irrelevant in such a world, where perception of reality is more important than actual reality. If I have to write a bunch of tedious essays to fight that, I will go down fighting with severe carpel tunnel syndrome. :)

• Moundshroud

You have been here since 2017 and you haven't come to terms with how the system matches people up? I find that hard to believe.

• siren_sorceress

Well back in 2017 this game took very little skill for survivors. Now that they've nerfed survivors it is reasonable to say a decent team is needed to go up against a decent opponent who doesnt have to rely on good team mates to win like you do.

This is the dbd forums right? Where the game is discussed? Along with feedback, suggestions and criticisms? Do you have an actual counter argument or are you just going to waste my time?