More people need to play Billy

Options
GannTM
GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
edited November 2022 in General Discussions

It’s such a shame that so many people just stopped playing Billy. He’s so fun to play as and play against and is one of the most balanced killers, arguably the most balanced. I’m sick of playing against Freddy every game.

Devs, why did y’all nerf him when he never needed it? His add ons were the only thing that were in need of a change. Giving him a change before Freddy and Spirit (it pains to me to say it as much as I love her) is honestly blasphemy. It’s another reason the community criticizes y’all, and y’all still wonder why you keep receiving criticism.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options

I play Billy a bit, and I'm definitely getting back into him over the past few days. The nerf wasn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. You rarely overheat if you're precise with your chainsaw or don't over use it, and he still seems extremely viable.

Shame I rarely face any when I play surv, because they're almost always extremely fun games.

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613
    Options

Billy is my fav Killer to play against. So fun in a chase and even when he get's you with his chainsaw it's like "ahh good play"... but tbf i think people did spam his chainsaw too much before the nerf which made him a bit too OP. I couldn't imagine old Billy in this game the current state it's in. He would have a really high kill rating.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I think they should play him more as well. He is fun and interesting to play against. And I don't agree with others with the roar. I think it fits him well and make him more scary.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

I miss fighting hillbillies he was fair and fun and probably the pinnacle of balance besides some addons.

Anything to reduce the number of Freddy and nurse players

• ItzPixelYT
    ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613
    Options

I dunno he used to be able to feather his Chainsaw so much faster around objects and stuff to hit you. But i've gotten a lot better at running the Killer and stuff since then so it could of just been me

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

His movement speed while feathering is the same. Unless you mean the actual charge time, which was the one thing that was actually a problem with Billy, and was the only thing along with cooldown that they needed to change.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Yeah I think the overheat was dumb. But I think the weaker add-ons got rid of a lot of people who mainly played with him add-ons instead of genuinely getting use to the pros and cons.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I think the issue with lesser billys is because he got nerfed. Granted the nerf wasn't bad by other standards but it was still a nerf. If a little tiny change is placed upon a killer and someone shouts "Billy is no longer meta" then the mentality will be Billy is weak. I see this happen in several games. Someone gets a slight nerf, they are still effective but many just assume they aren't worth using anymore. Despite not actually trying them out and come to a conclusion themselves.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Clunkiest feeling killer in the game? Have you played nurse in the past 2 years?

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

I've been playing Billy for a good while but man the overheat mechanic has been turning my Billy games into a ragefest. I'm still gonna play him though, I like his new addons.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Maybe once the fix his ghost saws...

• Chloan
    Chloan Member Posts: 91
    Options

I still play Billy but only with double engravings. Can't play the other way because it's boring. Yeah, the chainsaw overheats very fast but it is still valuable. The only problem with double engravings - you've got only 2 attepmts for a curve. But I've got used to that, somehow.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

I honestly think that wasn't a problem on billy, unless they had insta saw. And I have played deathslinger since the map reworks. You can still shoot survivors through certain loops on macmillan, and autohaven. I haven't played on the new game with him yet. But I'm assuming on specific loops, you can shoot over.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

I only play hillbilly if i get Engravings. he's just too slow for me without it, plus i usually do just basic m2 Billy, ...But too many loops that can't be curved. (I'm looking at you Lerys,)

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446
    Options

I occasionally play Billy when I'm bored with other killers.

• Moodyy
    Moodyy Member Posts: 122
    Options

his animations are getting fixed soon confirmed by one of the devs

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    Options

I remember whenever I was playing DBD during the weekdays of the month before the rework, my main goal was to make sure to play Billy. Before the rework I decided I wanted to have my fun with old Billy, and man it was such a blast. The amount of curving I can do was so fun, and the amount of sick curves I did was hella fun. My absolute most favorite moment with old Billy will always be when I chainsawed from the top of the Coal Tower building, and came straight down and downed a Nea. One of the most sickest moments I've had on DBD, and sadly haven't been able to do anything like that ever since with reworked Billy. Billy is still strong without a doubt, but he just doesn't feel rewarding to play anymore.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

No way am i playing that turd of a killer. He had a lot of fun and exciting gameplay before the devs neutered his ass. His saw had way more consistency and i hold out no fate that the devs will ever fix the god awful mistakes that were the billy changes.

Btw congrats devs on making nearly all of the default killers wortless to play bar nurse and as for huntress well the added debris blocking shots on reworked maps didn't go unnoticed. Isn't it strange how every base killer got nerfed with pathetic buffs for base killers who are so low on most tier lists they almost have there own tier.

The devs are so arrogant they wont ever listen to the communities feedback. We said no to the ui changes. We explained in graphic detail the issues. We stated core issues in the twins gameplay and expressed concern with upcoming patches. But they never listened they just roll it out and basically say no rollbacks suck it up. Stop selling us/vandalising your undercooked content.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

Billy needed a nerf in the same way Nurse needed a nerf. Their zoning powers were too strong. Nurse obviously having 5 base blinks was insanely OP so that also got nerfed, but it was mainly their power to permazone survivors with no downsides. So overheat was necessary. In the average Billy game, Overheat wont be any issue at all.

• Predated
    Options

Then you were ######### with Billy prior to the nerf. Good Billies see no difference.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    Options

Billy unfortunately got "reworked" to oblivion. Like nurse, he's just plain not fun to play. The chainsaws that go THROUGH survivors and not down them make me want to rage quit.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

His BLAAEOIRHGAOIHAREOIHGHHH!!!! irritates me. So, no thank you.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

His addons definitely needed a rework, but not the rework they gave us. I mean, Billy has some of the worst addons in the game now!

• Black Grease: Moderately accelerates Chainsaw Cooling rate when a Flashlight  is shining on you.

I mean seriously???

• ShadyNicNack
    ShadyNicNack Member Posts: 27
    Options

I am on XBOX and currently downloaded 4.5.2. I have playing it for several hours and there is still ALOT of errors and still kinda unplayable. The errors I am recieving:

- The opening starter screen take virtually 5 to 10 minutes to load into the game.

- The "Play as Killer" or "Play as Survivor" buttons, when press takes a long time to go to character screen. Takes about 2 to 5 minutes or more to get to character screen.

- Character screens seems choppy and takes a second to make its own mind.

In game play:

- During chase, chase music goes on and off during chase.

- Animations of picking survivor up or hooking survivor get lagging or goes to stand still about 1 to 5 seconds before it hits the animation. (In fact all animation, including dead hard, seem choppy and takes a second or two to think what system is doing) . At one point during killer match, my match just stopped for 4 to 5 seconds when a survivor performed Dead Hard and next thing you knowcthey are clear accross the map.

- Still feels floaty

- Either game speed, framerate or desync still not working correctly. Gens speeds and running speeds seems to be outrageous. Play both survivor and killer. As survivor it seems as if I had the perk sprint burst running at all times. I mean its fun always outrunning the killer but every time, lol. Same as killer, killer sees characters running super fast and think they had sprint burst in fact they do not. It some games, it goes vice versa where the survivorvis slow and killer is super fast depending who has the better add on or ping (higher color add on or better ping, you win match). So something wrong with the sync, ping or frame rate still.

Well these are a few honorable mention glitches that I have seen with the up date.

• Predated
    Options

Any Billy main prior to his nerf. Anyone thinking Nurse and Billy are worthless are people who just want wins given to them. Billy now requires a bit more skill other than the brainless rev spam that came before. Just like Nurse now relies more on skill than brianless blink spam as before.

Spamming without negative side effect is bad killer design, which is why Tinkerer got nerfed, and why Freddy needs a nerf with his traps, and why Deathslinger needs a nerf after aiming. I mean, unless you want the standard survivor play to be genrushing.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I dunno, anytime I run into a Billy player they are always SUPER sweaty and rude/toxic. I have the same problem with most huntress's as well.

So it's left me basically hating to play against them.

When I say sweaty btw I don't mean trying to win, I mean camping you with the caw reving out of fear you might 4%, or slug over and over for several minutes to ensure a 4k- but then call survivors toxic for literally no reason.

Just being abusive to people in post game chat; etc....

So honestly if I never see another Billy again I'll be alright.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

I'm happy not to face more Billies.

BBQ Billy was an extremely oppressive build in Solo Q and matches would be over in 2 minutes. And this was common and it was actually unusual for a match to last longer than 4 minutes.

His nerf made that a lot harder to do so I guess killers still haven't forgotten how strong Billy used to be and just don't want to be reminded of how bad he is now.

This discussion has been closed.