Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tru Talents "Idea" for a tournament

I want to make games more interactive and fun. So heres how I'm gonna do that:

Killers can use Ruin and it cant be cleansed. (I already lost interest).

Your opinions, cause it seems so stupid and typical Tru killer main as per usual to me. 🤣

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

From what it looks like, the idea for a tournament (points system) is different from the idea of auto-regressing Gens. The latter one seems to be a wish of him for general gameplay, but should obviously be a big NO. If the Devs change Undying so that Ruin cannot be up for all game, it should be logical that auto-regression will not be a thing.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited February 2021

no ruin itself is a clutch then, what makes it balanced is it being cleansable otherwise you can run info perks and a hit and run killer to stall long enough to win.

take a look at the first match in the japan championship, ruin stayed up the whole game and was the only reason the Oni won, was also the megs fault it stayed up that long since she should have found it nearly right away with detectives hunch and a map. (these japan players tbh are not nearly as advanced as we are their builds are not even optimized which can be done even if no duplicate perks are allowed.)

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

For a tournament do the rules even matter since it’s a points based system and each team plays both roles. I guess having ruin up with no camping/tunneling always makes the game longer and a bit more interesting to watch?

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

People saying that an uncleansable ruin is fine. Until every killer is a Sprit, Billy, Oni, Nurse... you know... snowball killers when paired with certain perks. So yeah, Ruin is gonna be fun and interactive.

It's a killers choice to run what perks they want. If they want to run a perk that can get cleansed, it's their choice. But making an invincible perk is retarted, regardless of how other tournaments went. Cause this from start is already rigged. So what he punishes campers and tunnelers.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

The point was that why make an invincible killer perk. Especially without catering for the killers well able to snowball with little counterplay. It just seemed like he wanted more of an assurance killers will get a result, regardless of what he said about camping or tunneling.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited February 2021

It depends. Ruin regression absolutely shouldn't be automatic.

However, I wouldn't be against having a test on the PTB where some sort of auto-regression mechanic is implemented. Base regression isn't a huge deal and as of right now, kicking a gen as Killer is honestly worthless.

Idk how it would work with perks like PGTW and other "kick gen to activate effect" perks. Maybe it's 1/5 regression auto and you kick it to make it 1/4. I dunno, just think it could be interesting to test.

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

It's his tournament idea he can do what he likes I guess. I just want to know what the tournament is trying to show with so many limitations to both perks and playstyles.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Well if you consult tournament players about tournament rules, you'll probably get the expected answer, maybe he's trying to shake things up?

I suspect he's trying to make a point about gen speeds being broken making almost no killers viable without camping, tunnelling, or slugging, so he's probably trying to prove that a game where Ruin is always up leads to an actual 12 hook game being feasible.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

If only there was something to be done about Survivors rushing through gens...

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567
    edited February 2021

If you think a killer needs ruin ... idk what to say. I 4k all the time at rank 1 without ruin, the games are so easy.

I win 90% of the time. The other 10% are good SWF with a good map, good perks and items. Well I just accept that loss and move on. No need to complain about killers being too weak to be honest... You can win the majority of your games as killer easily so why complain about those few games where you just lost? Often its due to random bugs that caused you to lose a down or really good map layout for survivors, that's not in your hand.

Most people 4k really easily because most survivors at rank one are not that good and solo survivors are an easy 4k as well.

• Claudette_Baguette

Me too. I have 4k hours and I win with killer and survive with survivor unless my team is complete potato and the killer finds the hatch first or I get camped. But that's not in my hand.

• Claudette_Baguette
    edited February 2021

If he thinks slugging is not a fundamental game mechanic he is stupid. Often you can only win if you risk the tunnel and DS if there's only 1 or 2 gens left. Same with camping, often it hurts you but in certain situations its a good option if you want to win.

Saying you lose points if you do those things makes me wonder what game he has played for 5 years ... if he doesn't even know the fundamentals of this game. Sluggling is a high risk/high reward strat, it can backfire with unbreakable or other perks or survivors picking each other up if you dedicate too much time into chasing another survivor and leaving the slugs on the ground.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

Ruin does nothing if you can't pressure gens. that beeing 1 chase at a time. You would know what i talking about if you'd played red ranks

• Claudette_Baguette

Skill determines most of the stuff in DBD. Just because I 4k most of the time as killer doesn't mean I can't survive as survivor.

I got as much experience in survivor as I do in killer. But you forget that you rely on your team as a survivor so you can only do so much to survive. Most of the time I do 3 gens on my own and get lots of unhooks and then survive. Without me my team would die way more often so my gameplay helps everyone survive. And not every killer is as good as me, most of them are casual 500 hours to 1500 hours players and they are easy to juke as well.

• JPA

I think you're missing the point.

He knows how important slugging is, of course he does, he plays the game all day.

By enforcing use of Ruin, I think he's trying to simulate what the game would be like if Ruin was base kit. I.e. Killers can stress less about camping and slugging, and go for longer chases.

• Claudette_Baguette

But that's not what the game is about. HE is missing the point. He is trying to create a "balanced" version of DBD when the game to its fundamentals can't be balanced. And making a hex perk permanent although they are meant to be cleansed and makes killers even easier shows how delusional he is.

• Claudette_Baguette

Just watch any other killer main streamer. Hexy, Scott, Otz, Zubat (when he plays killer, he is a surv main rn), etc. They know much more about the game and win way more often than Tru3. Funny thing is that they complain way less as well lol.

• JPA

I'm saying your missing his point, what point are you saying he is missing?

Yeah you have it right, he's trying to show what an alternate version of DBD could look like to the best of his ability, by planning a tournament with custom rules, I think it's a good idea. Might be interesting to watch.

It will probably not have any impact whatsoever on the development of DBD, but it's nice to try.

• Claudette_Baguette

Respecting him getting to rank 1? LOL Every decent player knows rank means almost nothing. I get to rank 1 both sides without even trying and so does everybody else. Why do you think are so many noob survivors and killers at rank 1? Because it's incredibly easy to rank up.

Also, I'm not saying he is mediocre because I don't like him, I say he is mediocre because his gameplay is mediocre. I've watched enough of his streams to know that. He misjudges situations so often, blames the game for it and then tries to talk himself out of the situation because he knows "everything" about the game.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I've seen Scott complain about as much as Tru3 (I'm not saying this in a negative way to either person).

• Claudette_Baguette
  • Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

But this is a tournament setting he is trying to do, much more skilled and advance players should play it unlike the common gamer such as those in this thread, honestly you can win with ruin up the entire game. It spices things up and makes survivors have to be a bit more tactical, plus Tru gave killers regulations too, I just wouldn’t expect someone who doesn’t think further into it to understand.

• Claudette_Baguette

You are missing the mark. Ruin is fine as it is because it can be cleansed. Making a rule for it not being allowed to cleanse is straight bullshit and makes this perk OP.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

We'll have to agree to disagree. He gets and stays at rank 1 with every single killer, thats not being mediocre. I'm not saying because he's rank 1 he's good I'm saying he maintains it while playing every killer. I dont dispute that it is easy to achieve rank 1, I'm saying he does it consistently with every killer and has done for a long time. That's not being mediocre

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

That doesn't really make sense, if a survivor comes across your Ruin why should they ignore it? I mean they waste time by cleansing it, so don't get why they should just flat out ignore it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Don't see an issue with it from a survivor perspective. You still have 3 teammates unaffected by it while the killer chases one. When he mentioned this it was in reference to survivors that play at the efficient level not potatoes that hide in a corner. Then there were all the limitations on how the killer is able to score the points, using many aspects of the survivor rule book.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited February 2021

Maybe If ruin was base regression speed but at double hell no

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

But he stated that killers would lose points for slugging, tunneling, and camping. Its pretty fair tbh.

• panernaners
    panernaners Member Posts: 243

They win way more often in the way that they chose is a win he wins in the way he choses is a win. wining in dbd is subjective I could look at your gameplay and say you are mediocre because you don't play the same way as these streamers that all play the same way but that isn't really fair is it?

Also you can not deny no matter how much you don't like tru which I don't even like him that much he has a lot of knowledge on this game. Out of all the content creators you mentioned tru has the most spread out knowledge some like otz or scott have it for specific killers like trapper oni or huntress but he plays every killer and is decent enough to help new players just by them watching him play.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2021

I can answer that question already. A 12 hook game in comp is insanely difficult to pull off even with Ruin up. A killer is probably making poor decisions if they're having to 12 hook in the first place. Like I said, the only people concerned about camping/tunneling/slugging tend to be the people who don't play competitively in the first place. We don't see anything wrong with those tactics. It should be necessary if the survivors are playing well.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

Agree, a win to most people is a 4k. A win to him is pipping/double pipping and i agree with this

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Ok... I feel kinda lost (probably cause I play casually)

Can someone explain how Comp really works

Or show me where to go for the information