Reward Survivors For Being Camped On Hook

Options

Anyone who's ever played survivor can probably agree having the killer sit there and stare at you until you die is exhausting. Fine. Camping is a valid play strategy. I'm not going to argue this fact because I'm aware it's considered a valid strategy. What I am going to bring up is how frustrating it is to be that player on that hook.

What reason does a survivor have to let the killer camp them? As someone that plays SWF consistently, I can say that I don't mind sitting on a hook, accepting my inevitable demise for my friends. But I can say in the same breath that when I solo queue I'd rather not waste my time for a bunch of strangers when I'm getting nothing out of it other than seeing my teammates do objectives(in a perfect world).

Not to mention the fact that being camped all but guarantees depips and only the bloodpoints you managed to get before you were hooked.

My idea is basic. There needs to be rewards for survivors sitting on a hook determined by proximity to killer. The emblems for killers are deducted for camping. Emblems for survivors should be rewarded. a "Proximity to killer" emblem addition alongside BP in the form of something like distraction points for the killer staying next to your hook. Obviously, this is a baseline concept for what it could be but the fact of the matter is there is no reason to stay camped on the hook unless you're choosing to be a good samaritan. There's no real incentive to do so. Most solo queue players are going to choose death rather than staying alive.

Comments