MMR getting tested? My matchmaking is completely off...

solidhex
solidhex Member Posts: 889
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

So normally at this time (around midnight in EU) i play against all the sweaty red rank squads and killers. But tonight i got:

• 2 yellow rank killers against me and my friends (rank 2-5), one rank 1 Nurse (seems right)
  • 5 green/yellow rank squads (i'm rank 2 killer). Maybe 3 purple survs, not a single red rank survivor in 5 games

All my killer games ended at 2-3 gens. I mean, it's cool to have some chill matches in between but having this kind of slaughter regularly is just not fun for anyone.

Anyone having the same experiences in the last hours?

Comments

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

Yeah all my lobbies today, survivor and killer have been full of yellow ranks

I'm red rank on both sides

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

It happens from time to time after the update. They are testing something I think.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

I was having rainbow lobbies yesterday...today it's back to normal....well as normal a dbd matchmaking can be.

• Hazular
    Hazular Member Posts: 31

I have the same problem but the opposite way around. I'm only Rank 15 (both Killer & Survivor) and am constantly getting red/purple survs when I play killer, and red/purple killers when I play surv 😂

• HiddenNugget
    HiddenNugget Member Posts: 32

I've said this for like a week now, I think they've implemented the MMR secretly to see if it works because some killers my queues are instant and matchmaking is decent, other killers queues take forever and matchmaking is all over the place xD

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

I think they're attempting to implement MMR but it's really not working. I understand MMR, but I don't understand it in this game, and would rather be matched with red rank players.

I remember when MMR was originally implemented, I was a rank 1 survivor, being matched with rank 20 killers, playing their first game ever.

So I really don't think MMR is good in this game, even if it did work, but the fact it doesn't work just makes it worse.