Leaving teammates behind because of camper killer (Bubba). Understandable or unforgivable?

For two days now i have been facing different Bubba players who camping around mid / end game and sometimes at the start of the match.

Whoever is just trying to rescue, his chainsaw takes them down immediately and there is no way to do anything to prevent him from standing or moving from the hook.

Even though i know the implications of my choice to rescue, i did it anyway. sometimes it helped others escape and sometimes it just killed us all. not a smart move indeed.

I'm in a situation where I'm tired of dealing with them.

With all due respect to their play style, it's not fun and not fair to us at all.

In the last game when i saw that we have no chance of saving from the hook, i escaped and left them behind.

It's frustrating and feels awful.

The question is whether players can understand and move on or it's unforgivable and that puts me on the list of selfish people?

Also, what would you do?

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

If you go for the saves then you are feeding the killer and he will continue to facecamp next game. Show him the entity displeased screen so he knows

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

Most of us do what u do.

What sucks are survivors leaving me behind when I'm not even being camped.

Camping at least gives u a excuse to leave. But how is it justifiable when killer isn't even camping? Nor was the killer pushing survivors out of the gate? I guess I'll just die guys ....

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

If he's camping then survivors going for the save is only feeding him. Most efficient thing to do is do gens while the camping is taking place and if he's face camping don't be a hero. I'm a survivor and I'm being hard camped I'll stay on hook as long as possible for my teammates to do gens. I also run kindred which is amazing for a scenario like this

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Bubba and NOED are both acceptable reasons to leave.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

i wish survivors would just leave.

The amount of times i have gone from a 1 or 2k to a 4k because survivors refuse to leave is stupid and makes kill stats literally useless.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Imma get my pip girl, sorry.

I will miss you. xoxo, Neva change .

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,164

If I'm being camped I'd rather my teammates do gens and leave so killer only gets 1k. I don't run DS so unless you're running BT and are able to get me safely away from killer so they end up with 0k it's not worth it.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Whether gens are done or not, if I don’t have BT then I won’t try the save alone - that just sandbags the victim. Run interference in a team effort? Sure! Get behind the guy after rescue and take hits? Absolutely!

And if it’s Bubba who’s camping, the guy on the hook shouldn’t expect a rescue. If he’s hanging through 2nd stage, he’s trying to buy you gen time to keep Bubba from hunting you.

If you’re crouching around behind the killer, hooked guy might as well just let go and start a new game. No point in buying time if the team squanders it! Repair, leave, and limit Bubba to 1 kill, 3500 bloodpoints, and a hooked-survivor-screensaver all match. Woohoo what fun! Maybe he’ll mix it up in the future.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

It is always okay to leave other survivors behind. That's a personal choice for each survivor to make. I would say that if you have no intention of attempting a rescue and you are at an exit gate the polite thing to do would be wait until the other survivors have made any rescue attempts before leaving. Just being on the map increases their chance of success since the killer doesn't know where you are or what you are doing. But simple math would tell the killer if one is dead, one is hooked, and one left then the killer only has to worry about one survivor attempting a rescue and that attempt is virtually doomed from the get-go. But other than that, yeah, make up your own mind whether it is worth it or not based on your own criteria. Don't feel obligated or bullied into doing something you don't want. Really, that applies to all aspects of life.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

If Bubba is camping I just genrush and leave. No point going for a save really unless you just want everyone to die.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

NoED at least you can play around. Bubble you generally can't unless you have Mettle of Man and Borrowed Time.

• panernaners
    panernaners Member Posts: 243

If its the middle of the game do gens bring kindred so you have and eye on him and leave.

If its at the end of the game there isn't anything you can do but its not the killers fault because their is nothing they can do either so just leave especially if its bubba.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Camping Bubba? Yeah, leave. You might be able to pull something off if you have the entire team, but the odds are not in your favor.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

I don't expect anyone to save me vs a camping Bubba. I will hang for 60 seconds and struggle for the last 60. That is the best counter to a camping Bubba.

• Mysterynovus
    Mysterynovus Member Posts: 318

Yeah, you're better off leaving them. Not your fault you're going up against a camping Killer. Best they can do is stall while you complete objectives. Doing gens isn't a "counter" to camping, but it does limit its effectiveness.

• TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282

If you're gonna try to save me, then ######### save me. If not, just leave! Don't hide behind that tree contemplating going for the save or not until I die on hook. Just go!

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Facecamping Bubba/Billy/Huntress/Plague? Any facecamping killer that can just absolutely punish you for even daring to think about saving like they can?

No, that's just a yikes. If you're feeling lucky then go for it I guess, but most teammates will not only totally understand if you leave, but will quietly get annoyed at you for trying, failing and giving the killer another kill and thus rewarding their behaviour.

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

If I'm being facecamped by a Bubba, I hope my teammates do gens and escape. If I noticed they're coming, I will just start killing myself on hook to send the message of "get away".

At this point, i just wish I didn't have to smash a button to struggle to buy time for my team.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

You need to be selfish and focus on gens. If you know thats what theyre doing, you will have to let that person die (if the killer really is camping with Bubba or Pyramid Head, etc).

I'm not one to leave anyone behind either and a lot of times I'll go in for the unhook but if they're truly camping, the best way to punish them is to do gens, open gates and get out. Eventually the killer will realize no one is coming to unhook and he will have wasted his time and playstyle.

If the person on hook dies before exit gates are powered, that just means the next person has to put up a good chase and killer has to improvise. But the more people try to save hooked teammates because they want to help and get the altruism points, the more of a chance of snowballing the match in favor of the killer.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

whenever that happens I just do gens, 99 the exit gates and wait there just to tea bag the ######### out of them :)

• Honestly if I am caught and being bubba face camped; and the survivors actually manage to double up and do the gens and get out- I would be happily impressed they did that. PLEASE DO THAT.

I hate being there and then watching everyone just hovering around the area waiting for Bubba to leave and then Bubba gets a stupid amount of kills and hooks from hook trades and all sorts of crap- just do the gens and leave me please.

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

If a Bubba, Hag or Trapper has people in the basement I am always extremely cautious and if I know they’re planning to proxy camp, I’m leaving you to die and rushing generators. I’m not just giving people easy hooks.

I have managed to save against a face-camping Bubba before but I was playing with 2 friends so it was easy to coordinate. I’m solo for the most part and I don’t use perks like DH so in situations like this, there’s nothing I can really do except at best, hook trade.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

If you don't rush gens and/or leave, I'll probably yell at you in post-game.

Better to punish Campers. That way they get the message and maybe that portion of the game will change.

People feed them so much though, they get fat and bloated from all the Survivor altruism. So much reward for doing nothing, of course they'll keep doing it.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Def do gens and leave. If a bubba facecamps me (and I usually run kindred so you'll see it) I'll stick it out so you can do gens and leave. If you all stop doing gens and start coming to crouch around the hook I'll let go and one of you can have a staring contest instead.

Some survivors will be angry that you left them on the hook instead of all charging in and giving a camping bubba a 4k, ignore them.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Honestly if I'm up on a hook in front of a camping bubba I will just struggle as long as possible(which might not be long as my controller is starting to die as if I spam the A button too hard it just disconnects) just so my teammates can get as many gens as possible and hope they don't try to save me because let's be honest without the perks that allows you to tank a hit while unhooking you are both screwed

It's both understandable and a little selfish but not unforgivable

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Punish the killer by doing the gens and getting out. The survivor on the hook getting camped also needs to understand that they are no longer a survivor, they are now a sacrificial lamb, and the lamb has to do its part by not attempting to escape, and struggling for as long as it can to buy time for the remaining survivors.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375

Yes please go! 

In a situation like this, I want my teammates to come out. As soon as I see that they are at the gate and it is even already open, I am happy. Don't give him more victims. 

I'll see you in the fog. 😉

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Camping Bubba is a lose-lose situation. The absolute best you can accomplish is trading places on the hook, barring the remote possibility that the killer is totally inept (which does happen from time to time).

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

Saddest part is he can still get 2 kills out of it because unless you're in a swf or the person has kindred you are going to spend time going to unhook that person just to find out he is face camping. Full hook cycle is 2 minutes? A single gen repair is over 1 minute.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

For me it depends on how he camps.

Is he just standing still while camping?

In that case I just leave as you can't do anything.

Does he look around then I might try it.

Just like in this game

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Understandndable have a nice day

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

If the hooked person is staying in the game then they are most likely giving you time to do gens and leave. Don't reward camping behavior with additional points for the killer. We all fill this role from time to time. Consider it a worthy sacrifice.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Against a facecamping Bubba leaving and not giving him extra kills is the best thing you can do

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288
    edited February 2021

I would add that by staying in the match (EVEN IF you are not one of the players who are attempting the save), you can provide support by

1. HEALING teammates who come near the exit gate
    2. taking a protection hit for the injured survivor who is heading to the exit gate
    3. looking around the immediate area for a lit totem (if that applies)
    4. Opening an exit gate for the survivors who are being pursued by the killer.

IF the remaining survivors are at the gate (No one is going for a save which usually requires at least 2 survivors) and the killer is camping THEN by all means LEAVE.

• This is similar to a match I played where everyone was in endgame collapse still alive and someone got put into dying state (the 2 gates were on completely opposite sides of the map, one was open) the killer brought him to the closed gate and dropped him there, he placed traps all around him as me and the whole team tried to save him, we stood rarely close to the killer and he didn't attack until we tried to heal the dying survivor. He even knocked down one of the others and I healed them without being attacked. The endgame collapse was almost over so we had to leave him behind, when I started running I wasn't even sure I would survive but we did with like 5 seconds left.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I 100% agree with you, I'm just saying I would not blame a teammate for leaving me behind if I was hooked in the endgame collapse and suddenly they realize that No One Escapes Death has gone off.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Just leave if you can't make save. Feeding the killer free kills just reinforces their decision to camp in the first place. A bad camp should cost the killer the game if survivors are smart about it. I get more mad at my teammates if they throw the game trying to save me. I'd rather they do the gens and leave.

• HiddenNugget
    HiddenNugget Member Posts: 32

If I'm being facecamped then of course I'd like to be saved but I understand, having any killer directly in front of me makes it very difficult so I do forgive :)

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422

Killers that camp don't deserve additonal hooks as that favours them. If someone is being camped with noed or by an insta-down killer, then I won't go for the unhook as I don't want to hook trade and give more points to the killer. I don't care if the survivor left to die is salty, I'm fully prepared to justify why I left, and I'd expect people to leave me if I was in that situation too.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 338

If Bubba is camping hook you aren't getting the save without borrowed time and some luck. I went against a Bubba the other day who downed a survivor even though they had the borrowed time effect and he just still chainsawed them even through the sprint, it was unreal.

But yeh if I'm camped by a Bubba I just want my team to get gens and go.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I do gens and leave - not rewarding someone who literally stands in front of a hook with an instadown power any more kills. They will either get tired of the abysmal points or they won't.