Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How hard for the community is to get it

Comments

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333

Aside from the topics of identity and dichotomy of morality, I believe as a business move it would be good for the company to further welcome the LGBT+ portion of the gaming community. At the end of the day, it's the company's decision on how they want to appease their stakeholder, and one facet of that is the diversity they want to bring in amongst their characters. It's a bit archaic to believe there is not a market of LGBT+ players within the gaming community that wouldn't connect to the game through a character they can identify with in some aspect. Heck, Overwatch anyone? And aside from that maybe they just like horror, like the thrill and excitement that can come from being scared, and just love connecting to characters and getting into the lore within games and this is what brings them over to and they become even big fans of the game. Paraphrasing Phasma, it's a safe move.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited February 2021

Ireally wanted to read this and i did but sadly i have no way of knowing when you're quoting start and end. So i'm hella confused.

anyway there will be love and there will be hate, as always. Even if this is important to you as it should be, do not enter the game of those you accuse. Don't spread more hate, that will make them win. Other than that you have my support ! As i don't support any harassment because of sexual orientation or skin color (yeah not using the word "race" we aren't animals, even if some act like it).

But still it's just a video game. Representation is already in it. The characters are not sexualized in order for everyone to have their own opinion about it. YOU get to make them represent a certain part of a community and make it your own canon. (i saw on twitter people making Zarina trans i never actually saw her as one but i respect the idea and found it actually pretty cool) But making it your own doesn't mean it is the same for everyone. So everyone should just respect it.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

All they have to do is put it in the lore. Change a character's crush from 'her' to 'him' or something simple like that. Did Felix absolutely railing a woman and impregnating her change his design and playability at all? No. It didn't. Did David having a girlfriend change his? Nope. I can imagine that their girlfriends were big tiddie goth women for fun, but I have confirmation that they have an interest in women so far. I'm all for representation in media since most LGBTQ+ people have been unseen, horribly stereotyped, and/or villainized. And before any of you say it, allow me to do it first: Most representation in media has had a negative impact. We don't want a survivor or killer that has a backstory like "He was so GAY and also liked MEN and did the diddly with GUYS like a GAY PERSON!!!!!! Give us $500 uwu" We really just want something simple to know we have been seen like "He liked him a lot but had to move towns to pursue his passion, but their time together helped him blah blah blah." It's just nice knowing you aren't an anomaly, that's all.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

It's because video games are often viewed as a form of escapism from the real world. When everywhere you turn there's someone complaining about something politically, whether it's on a late night show, or Saturday Night Live, or Facebook, or Twitter or your workplace and just want to be able to go somewhere where you can turn your brain off and enjoy yourself for a few minutes without having that bombarding your senses.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

Another overwhelming drama post in order to fuel some fire, yep time to get the popcorn. Also who cares if the characters they add are gay or not? What I noticed for the homophobic slurs, I've seen a few gay people use it against each other so it's more about gay people taking ownership of such slurs; same thing can be said about a certain race of people claiming ownership over racist words. We can talk so much about how it's an issue in society so much but will it really stop anyone from saying what they want? Can't because of freedom of speech. Nothing more and nothing less, whenever someone brings up issues like these it seems to be an endless loop of always the same issues. There's always gonna be toxicity on that side for each community, let's not forget that people, but it doesn't mean we gotta turn a blind eye to it. Seeing toxicity in the end game chat of a match does get annoying, which is why they're adding a censor chat option to the game. I already lost count on how many posts like these are made.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I would argue that either side of that is political. Politics is life, in that it is essentially how society functions. A space where certain discussions are not allowed or encouraged is still making a political statement, a statement that those sorts of politics shouldn't be discussed. Every work of narrative fiction has a political theory to it, from the libertarianism of the sword of truth series, to the anti-industrialist sentiment that drives the lord of the rings. Horror too, is often political, from the Dawn of the Dead tying into Romero's thoughts on the civil rights movement, to the anti-corporate sentiment in the first Alien.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

okay, there are 6 pages now and I think people didn't get the idea of the post.

I originally posted the discussion with screenshots of extremely disgusting and homophobe comments but they had to be removed.

My point was asking why people can't just give 0 care about the backstory of characters instead of excluding the lgbtiq+ community for their stupid idea of "it's a horror game" when we perfectly fit as cis and straight people. They also don't have to try to imply that "being straight is the normal being" or "lgbtiq+ people is goddamn annoying".

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

There's not 1 answer for that, people will all have their own reasons.

One reason may be more popular than others, but you can't get to 1 conclusion with that question.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I don't get it either.

Suddenly it's all politics,virtue signalling etc. 🙄

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

There's a certain toxic group of locusts that follows around anything of that nature that i'd really prefer that bhvr really shouldn't get involved with.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Why does everyone think that this is the new survivor?! It could be the new Killer!

• Angelicus23

Thanks for the actions. Reading their comments really made me realise part of humanity is evolving backwards and prefer to keep on rejection and hate, most still refuse to believe in a lot of countries we are being killed by law.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

But that's what happens dude. Lmfao. Look at the Marvel Universe. So many two-dimensional characters created solely to be a representation of a specific type of person and their entire character trope is reminding you of that.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Equality happens by disregarding race, gender, religion, views, etc of a person, and judging them solely on their actions and words. When you take away physical characteristics and simply accept a person based on how they act, then you are being equal.

This is 100% about politics considering the current political climate.

There is no reason to include any character simply because they are some special section of people. That is simply virtue signalling and should never happen. If the character's background and story is an outgrowth of whatever gender, race, etc they are, then that is just fine imo. It should never be the focus though, it should simply be a part of their lore as a whole.

I don't care if a character is black, white, pink, multi-sexual, lives in a box, or has twelve sets of genitals. All I care about is a good background, good power, and that they give a horror vibe. As soon as you say "We need more of this minority", it's hate speech because you are discounting all the other people who aren't that minority. Bigotry comes in many forms, but the worst is bigotry in the form of Inclusion and this fake Equality that people try to shove into everything.

• SamRF
    SamRF Member Posts: 22

Why should we have to focus on damn sex all the time. I don't want to be reminded of sex or anything lust related all the time when seeing a LGBT character or something. I don't give a damn what your sexuality is when it comes to my love for you, but for the love of God don't put this stuff in my face all the time. Sex isn't a central part of living your life, you would hope so if there's any decency left.

• Angelicus23

Of course there's a reason. Representation. When a minority still exists and there isn't the same representation as to the contrary position, then there's an easily spotted problem.

Until there's an official end to crimes against this minority, it is strictly needed to do this stuff, and bhvr has the perfect potential to make a big influence.

You don't like it? You currently have other 46 characters in the game to appreciate for their backstory. If you only care about perks and powers, then it shouldn't be a problem to add inclusivity.

• Angelicus23

We aren't talking about sex, but representation, and why people should simply respect it.

I'm not forcing you to have known my orientations, but neither should people try to force us to see it as something wrong that doesn't fit in this game

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Being LGBT is not only about sex, it’s about Identity, struggles in life and platonic relationships, motivations in life etc.

and as long as there are straight relationships mentioned especially considering Legions lore you can’t say LGBT should be excluded because of sex, because it’s already present without LGBT.

• SamRF

Representation of something wholly sex related. It's the same thing. I can only imagine that if I were LGBT that I'd be very embarassed at seeing how this non essential part of my life (sex) is being put on display as if it defines me.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Sexuality is an individual right. Let the characters decide and respect it.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

There is no minority here though. Just because one of the character's stories doesn't say they are an Alphabet Soup person, that does not mean they aren't. There simply isn't any need to have that be the focal point of their character. The fact that they have never focused on any of the characters' gender background would make any focus on that virute signalling of the worst kind.

Each of the Survivors is a misfit. They tend to be loners, disregarding society as a whole and trying to forge their own path. Some because of an obssession, some simply because they don't fit into society's molds. They don't need to be labelled because they have made their own path.

The same is true of the Killers. Each one is unique in their background. Some of them were dark from the beginning, some of them were seduced into the darkness. It is not necessary to label any of them because their sole focus is to play with the Survivors and then sacrifice them to the Entity.

Representation is one of the worst forms of hypocrisy. You exclude one group because you don't have enough of another group. It's just bigotry polished up and shiny with some neat word describing it so that people don't realize all you're doing is spreading hate. Learn to accept everyone, not just one group. Don't judge by physical characteristics.

• SamRF

If it's as subtle as Legion's lore. I don't mind, especially since they are portrayed as evil and hedonistic sex fits with that image I bet.

In Felix his case, it's not about pure hedonistic sex, it's about having a child, it's about procreation and bigger purpose.

• Angelicus23

Everyone will be accepted when everyone is equally represented.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Well,of course it's going to be more subtle and not something like "character x is gay.He always had sex and he's really gay and into dudes and makeup and fashion" :]

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

That’s not what oppression is. Hating a group for something they can’t control is discrimination and if there lives were ruined over it so be it.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

That's a nice fantasy, but it isn't reality, because in order to reach that point you have to normalise, and things don't get normalised without being thrown around a lot til no-one cares any more.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Every single human being is different with different views whether you agree or not. This thread is too off topic. Nothing to do with the game and these topics almost always end up bad.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

The posts in themselves don't; only homophobic people who respond like this.

• dummer33344
    dummer33344 Member Posts: 131

It's not ######### if it's the truth, the LGBT community is so naggy about everything, if they can incorporate the character to have perks related to their lore, I don't give a ######### what they do, just don't force an LGBT character into the game

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited February 2021

I don't mind a gay character. I don't find it necessary either, but some people like that and I guess it's ok. It's representation at the end of the day, if a Mexican character got inserted in the game and it was represented with fidelity to my culture, I would probably feel excited.

• Pat00tSack
    Pat00tSack Member Posts: 72

I don't read too much of the lore, so I'm not sure if there's been 'cisness/straightness confirmed' for any character...

If there has been, then it's literally the same thing to have mention of being lgbt for a new character. Let's say Claudette's lore mentioned her being on a walk with her bf or something when entity yoinked her or something. No one would bat an eye, right? Literally doesn't matter if she was on a walk with her gf instead. No one cares. You can just go "oh cool representation" and then go back to playing the game. As long as there's no "Ha HGAAAAA It's GAY TIME, HOES!" at every turn or token-lgbtness to be seen anywhere, I cannot fathom a sane reason for somebody to be upset.

If they havent ever specified anything for a character before, then yeah it's kinda distasteful to suddenly be like "and THIS one is gay", and I could see the absolute most minor annoyance to be 'fine'.

At the end of the day, it's a video game. Let the lgbt people who are stoked for this possibility to be stoked, and if you don't care, then it doesn't matter to you. People can really only get mad post-release if it's done distastefully.

• Angelicus23

I'm holding out for a non-binary character, maybe one day a spanish one arrives too

• Angelicus23

That's not even the post topic and no one is asking bhvr heavily to do anything

• Kingpaulmathers
    Kingpaulmathers Member Posts: 82

Why are people debating about in game characters, that doesn't effect the real world we live in. Kinda sad. People need to stop being snowflakes. I heard a story today about Mr potato head having Mr removed from his name so it can be gender neutral, like really. And people wonder why there is so many people around the world with so much anger built up. The fact is hate will never be rid off, as the media is making sure of that.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

You heard fake news. It was a change to the product (not the character) so that it became more customizable. Parents will no longer have to buy two virtually identical toys, they can just get the one and kids add whatever they want to it.