Solo survivors are dead

Options
aure
aure Member Posts: 40

Swf are still overpowered, killer get constant buff, but solo survivor is still a pain in the ass

dvs plz, give solo surv kindred and bond base kit, at this point, solo surv is a relic of the past and have no reason to be still so underpowered

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Peasant said:

@Global said:

@aure said:
    Swf are still overpowered, killer get constant buff, but solo survivor is still a pain in the ass

dvs plz, give solo surv kindred and bond base kit, at this point, solo surv is a relic of the past and have no reason to be still so underpowered

So lets make solo survivors as good as the "op" swf? that wouldnt help anybody just make solos more op. It will make insidious based kits useless. There will be no more insidious leatherfaces and we dont want them going extinct

The sooner we buff solo survivors to the level of SWF survivors, the sooner we can hit them all with a nerf nuke.

“Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe. But this, does put a smile on my face.”

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Peasant said:

@Global said:

@aure said:

So lets make solo survivors as good as the "op" swf? that wouldnt help anybody just make solos more op. It will make insidious based kits useless. There will be no more insidious leatherfaces and we dont want them going extinct

The sooner we buff solo survivors to the level of SWF survivors, the sooner we can hit them all with a nerf nuke.

While I agree with you, I also have my doubts. It all depends how long it takes to nuke survivors. 
    Also, you underestimate the review bomb that would follow. Survivors went crazy with the exhaustion nerf. Now Imagine an actual meaningful nerf.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I do ok as a solo survivor.
    I'm slowly climbing the ranks just by playing normally.

I'd rather not have the killer side of my game screwed over. Thanks. People abusing the power of SWF are already the bane of my existence. 

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@aure said:

SWF just needs to be a casual play like it should be with KYF. The number of players who would both try to and succeed at still getting in the queue is small.

• LostWanderer
    LostWanderer Member Posts: 16
    Options
    I thing kindred would nice for survivor base kit but without killer aura. But bond should stay as perk. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Peasant said:

While I agree with you, I also have my doubts. It all depends how long it takes to nuke survivors. 
    Also, you underestimate the review bomb that would follow. Survivors went crazy with the exhaustion nerf. Now Imagine an actual meaningful nerf.

A nerf isn't what's needed, it's a buff to killers once solo is on par with swf you can more easily balance around that. The best way to do that is do it in increments so people get used to it similar to what they're doing now.

You buff solo up in increments towards swf level while also buffing killers up in equal increments or just below solo so solo doesn't get insta nuked.

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132
    Options

@aure said:

No.

You want those perks, unlock them and use them.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,095
    edited November 2018
    Options

[Moved]

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

@Peasant said:

@Global said:

@aure said:

Doing that will really give BHVR a bad rap. Call it a review bomb or whatever, if a large enough faction gets pissed, that can be a big percentage of the playerbase... and BHVR is a company that succeeds through mass appeal.
    I agree that solo survivors should get buffed, but then leave survivors at that level, and then gradually buff killers. They did say they wanted to look at the SWF prob, so what they're willing to do will be interesting to see. If they do that, they will need to give survivors more (possibly better) tools to choose from so there's gonna be some tricky lip service involved. And who doesn't like lip service.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@aure said:

This can only happen when the devs get the balls to balance the game around SWF

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Master said:

@aure said:

This can only happen when the devs get the balls to balance the game around SWF

”The hardest choices require the strongest wills”

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options
    I play Solo.  It’s not very enjoyable most of the time.  I enjoy high rank killer far more than solo Survivor.  I know SWF is a lot of fun, I just get bored.  
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I do so much better solo VS SWF. Looking out for #1 means escape is easy. 

Seriously. Don’t save people that don’t need saving. If it feels risky, don’t do it. You’d be surprised how much listening to your gut can get you in this game. 
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

funny. i got to rank 1 as solo survivor during this event.
    wasnt too hard

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    aure said:

I have been playing solo since I first got this game and have no problem with surviving. I would not want kindred and bond as base kit because the game will not be any fun. 
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I agree totally. Buff solo survivors and then balance the game around swf. We really need this.

• Rebel_Raven
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'd rather get into a knife fight with Freddy Kruger in a phone booth than deal with every game going like a coordinated SWF as a killer.
    That scares me more than anything I'd face as a survivor. 

I know damn well killers will be shafted harder than a survivor hit with a huntress' hatchet for far too long, and have to deal with survivors balanced far worse than the game ever intended.

How do you balance around every survivor knowing exactly where you are at all times, and not needing perks to know it?
    Or the survivors knowing what perks the killer is using?
    Or pulling off coordinated, complex strategies in general because they can plan in real time?
    Or survivors getting perks that compliment the perks of other survivors perfectly?
  • Tsulan
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    Peasant said:

A nerf isn't what's needed, it's a buff to killers once solo is on par with swf you can more easily balance around that. The best way to do that is do it in increments so people get used to it similar to what they're doing now.

You buff solo up in increments towards swf level while also buffing killers up in equal increments or just below solo so solo doesn't get insta nuked.

Buffing killers? Are you mad?! Did you forget all the threads about Freddy being viable that popped up, right after the devs mentioned his rework? Or how the trapper was deemed ez win and hag op after their buff?
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I can't believe all the people asking to buff solo players, I only play solo, the only way to bring solo truly to say lvl is to let us know where the killer is all the time, what pallets have been used, where totems are, what gens are being worked on, where all the other survivors are.

Do you know what this does to the game? It changes it so you no longer have to be aware of anything going on, any solo buff also inherently buffs swf as the recent aura perk changes did, the one major thing swf can do solo will never be able to is coordinate on the fly, without ruining the game and dumbing it down to the point of being led eveywhere solo play can never be buffed to swf levels.

The only way is to nerf SWF, people who join using that lobby get hit harder, trying to change the game around one broken aspect wont work they need to work on fixing what is broken instead.
    Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    Options

@aure said:

Better to nerf SWF at solo's level.

Then tweak killers accordingly.

Get rid of all the shits added to help facing the previous cancerous SWF meta.

Seems already better.

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237
    Options

I grinded out to rank one survivor playing nothing but solo from rank 8 in one evening.

It's not that bad. You can ######### die and still pip.

• Tsulan
    Options
    Wahara said:

I grinded out to rank one survivor playing nothing but solo from rank 8 in one evening.

It's not that bad. You can [BAD WORD] die and still pip.

Yeah, that's what people don't understand. They think they lost when they die with 23k points and a pip. While escaping with 12k point and no pip is a "ez win" for them.
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    edited November 2018
    Options

Grinding or playing a game just to "pip" isn't what feels like a fun time for me. I want to play a game like this that has fun chases where i feel like i have a good influence on the outcome, Intensity and hilarious interactions with the killer and teammates.

After the last couple of patches, when i play as a solo survivor, it feels less and less like i can display my ability and have fun interactions and enjoy the game play overall and i feel like i'm holding M1 a lot more than i should.

A lot of the games i play in are complete stomps of my team.

I'm not going to get into the whole balance debate about which side is stronger and why, mostly because i don't care about all that stuff.
    All i know is lately as a solo survivor player, i don't escape as much and i don't feel like i'm having as much fun as i did before the event patch.

Maybe its just me though, I might have forgotten how to play survivor lol.

The game feels so sweaty at the moment, I want to play this video game and have fun doing so as i love DBD.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

Or... We could... Separate SWF from solo?

• chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    Options
    The farms are what kill me as a solo survivor . I'm rank 5 now as a solo survivor and actually have a better time at higher ranks because the other survivors know what to do and when to do . I think kindred being built in will be a big help to me. Empathy may be a little too much, but would also be helpful and not too OP .
  • chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Or give solo survivors shotguns. That may be a bit OP 
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@aure said:

this wouldn't work though because on ps4 survivors can just hold don the ps4 button go to game session then send party invites to all current survivors this would make it even more broken

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

i completely agree with this, killers are getting enough buffs to not have to worry about SWF as much. It still wouldn't solve the main problem of SWF being coordinated enough to all gen rush together, which is why i think as well as this, SWF should get a slight penalty in game eg. die 5% faster on the hook or do gens 5% slower

• KiolL
    KiolL Member Posts: 46
    Options

The problem with Solo Survivor is not the killer, the problem are potato teamates...

I can be good, actually I think Im a decent survivor after 1,2k hours, but... 1v1 against the killer and the other survivor just hiden is impossible...

That is the main problem....But, I think is OK, It's part of the game... Just please, stop nerfing survivors, right now is OK.

• zyntex
    zyntex Member Posts: 6
    Options

Since I'm new to the game in general and also just registered here on the forums:
    Can anyone please explain to me what the hell "SWF" means or stands for ingame?

• Rebel_Raven
    Options
    zyntex said:

Since I'm new to the game in general and also just registered here on the forums:

Survive With Friends. 

• Doctor12Disco
    Doctor12Disco Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Well, since I don't have friends, I only play solo.

But of all the hours I put into the game, I probably had a problem with the other players for like 2 or 3 matches. 

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

yeah because sfw is overpowered the solo survivors are getting overlooked.

• zyntex
    zyntex Member Posts: 6
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:
    zyntex said:

Survive With Friends. 

Oh #########! That was to easy... :insertfacepalmhere:

Thanks man.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Khalednazari said:

Tsulan said:

Now Imagine an actual meaningful nerf.

Come'on! It's like rubbing salt. Exhaustion nerf was actually a very meaningful nerf. Do not discredit that. 

The machine gun nerf was a meaningful nerf.
    The exhaustion nerf was only a minor inconvenience. 

But the machine gun nerf was more than neccessary, not as much as they did but definitly neccessary. It was pathetic strong, especially on unhook situations and there was no BT yet at that time.

• Tsulan
    Options

@megdonalds said:

@Tsulan said:
    Khalednazari said:

Tsulan said:

Now Imagine an actual meaningful nerf.

Come'on! It's like rubbing salt. Exhaustion nerf was actually a very meaningful nerf. Do not discredit that. 

The machine gun nerf was a meaningful nerf.
    The exhaustion nerf was only a minor inconvenience. 

But the machine gun nerf was more than neccessary, not as much as they did but definitly neccessary. It was pathetic strong, especially on unhook situations and there was no BT yet at that time.

Machine gun nerf ONLY happend, because it was the meta build for killers.
    Shall we take a look at survivor meta builds? SB, SC, DS, BT or SB, SC, DS, Unbreakable.

Killers can´t have good builds. Hell, even things that are supposed to reduce camping and thus make the life of survivors easier (BBQ) get nerfed, because survivors complained about it.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

What i experienced so far is that BBQ often results in the opposite for what it is actually intended for. When the killer just doesn't see all auras of the remaining survivors then he camps the ######### out of the hooked one. But that's another topic.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Peasant said:

@Global said:

@aure said:

If everything is at a equal level, then the developers can balance everything at once with no conflict.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Since the update I have been playing survivor much more than before. Most of the time I load in with a swf already in lobby and ignore invites cause I prefer the challenges of solo play. I just don't like being force fed info I shouldn't or haven't earned. The tension from (not knowing) makes every match feel better even if I lose.
  • ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103
    edited November 2018
    Options

I think the problem with Dead by Daylight's balancing is that there are too many perspectives.
    Should they balance around a group of people with a good set of items and plenty of experience around their belt, or the average, casual player? They balance it around players with experience, and you need good items to win. Balance it around the casual player, and good items are OP.
    Should they balance the game around four solo players, or a four-man SWF group? They balance it around SWF, and people will need to use it to win. Balance it around solo, and SWF is overpowered.
    Obviously, they need to find a compromise, but Behaviour often seems oblivious to this and takes eight steps in the wrong direction.
    Another thing is that, because of DbD's asymmetrical nature, it makes sense that one Survivor is far weaker than one Killer So they try to convince you that you won just because you ranked up and did your best, but in reality, watching yourself ascend into the heavens after dying on a hook doesn't really feel like a victory.

Not to mention that this game is just by design often annoying to play with things like stuns and instant kills so salt is very prevalent.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    edited November 2018
    Options

Solo survivor is a pain in the ass? I dont even use self care and i dominate at rank 1. I have a solution for you. Git gud.

• aure
    aure Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Nick said:
    Solo survivor is a pain in the ass? I dont even use self care and i dominate at rank 1. I have a solution for you. Git gud.

good for you champ, momma proud of you

let's just forget that swf have a gigantic advantages over solo survs because mr nick decided so, that a good way to solve problems you muppet

Post edited by aure on
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited November 2018
    Options

@aure said:solo survivor is still a pain in the ass

We still have those?