Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The New Game Map is Abysmal for Both Sides

Hear me out, it looks fantastic. Nice and bright, lots of neat references, and very open up top. I like that a lot. HOWEVER, there's also like 100 more pallets than necessary and many "god" pallets.

Through my experience as killer and survivor on that map, there's a minimum of 3 or 4 "god" pallets per match, often more.

And then there's the breakable walls. Nobody likes these. Nobody. Sure they were a cute gimmick on Dead Dawg but chill out. There are quite a few sections where a survivor will literally be trapped because they can't break the wall. Basically, if you're injured, you die.

Basically, you need to chill out with the pallets and open some more doors up rather than relying on the killer breaking the wall or (in some cases) a gen being finished. There a some death traps that don't even have the gen-powered door.

Having something super obnoxious for the killer and something super obnoxious for the survivors doesn't make it balanced, it makes it...obnoxious and unfun.

It's definitely worse for killers I'd say, but either way it's not very fun. It's either:

a) good survivors loop the heck outta the killer

b) bad survivors waste pallets and get trapped

c) Nurse/Spirit

Comments

• piggygooik
    piggygooik Member Posts: 576

Idk how they made a map miserable for both survivors and killers

they have to decrease the pallet counts and add a code where a breakable walls Mae dead ends

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Agreed. I love it visually. The freezer area for instance looks amazing. But yeah, game play wise it's painful.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

As survivor its also somewhat boring to just have pallets everywhere. Not very hard to delay the killer and doesn't take much skill. I've only had issues with wall once.

As killer, it can be borderline unplayable frankly

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Agreed. I really enjoy the visual upgrade, I think the map feels more alive than before. But it was unfun to play on before and it's even worse now.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited February 2021

If survivors know the gen spawns that map is extremely survivor sided, i played demo with spirit fury and enduring and it barely helped simply because their were too many pallets.

like go to the bottom floor and count 10 seconds as you travel you can probably pass 5+ pallets with the right route. Hell on the interaction of the game i played the two god pallets in the corner easily connected to 3 more. Also with the new god pallet in the middle of the map it connected to a long wall pallet then to another vault+pallet tile it's ridiculous.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

The map cuts out every bit of fun gameplay from dbd

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

Making a map miserable for both sides seem to be a trend that began with Midwich

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032
    edited February 2021

Some of those sections become straight dead zones for survivors once pallets are removed since theres no windows. Also, the pallets can be zoned where the survivor doesn’t have much of a head start. I’m not saying it isn’t a tough map for killer but these are points I’ve been mulling since it went live.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

I actually counted 11 god pallets at least, on every variation of the map.

Plus, you're not wrong in saying it's busted for both sides, what with the breakable walls/closed doors spawning on either side of a generator powered door and some rooms being in a corner and closed off. Those can make a survivors attempt at evading the killer crazy frustrating and impossible if you do not know what the variation is pre-chase. And all the god pallets can make basic movement/attack killers just want to give up or play ultra mean, since every chase will take ages to get a pallet dropped and then onto the next one - with rotation being harder due to the upstairs being pretty much completely open LOS. Only a few killer characters can play this map and feel no or minimal struggle. Looks incredible, plays like garbage

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

"If everyone is suffering, nobody is." Some dev, probably

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 337

The thing is the game doesn't really have Windows to vault except the freezer room and the green stairs.

• Sirris
    Sirris Member Posts: 43

I'm glad I'm not alone on this aha. I enjoy this map, personally, but I play both Spirit and Nurse so pallets are basically just a social construct :).

To add to my 2nd possibility of bad survivors getting themselves trapped, it's also easy to turn parts of the map into complete dead zones (specifically up top where it's so open). Based on my experience, you can loop very, very safely and as long as there are people on gens, you will get the gens done and still have pallets to spare.

I had a game very recently against a Huntress. I thought it would be easy, because it's a particularly bad map for her. I, of course, was the victim of poor matchmaking and my teammates went down in about 5 seconds each. I wish I was exaggerating. I looped her until she gave up and the gens were getting done since my team was at least good at holding m1.

It's now definitely a survivor-sided map, except for maybe Nurses and Spirits and maybe Freddy? (I mean spam snares = outplayed right?)

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I genuinely love it.

I’m not being controversial for the sake of controversy. I just like it whether survivor or killer. Chases feel more intense and exhilarating on this map now.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Yeah, this should have been pushed back to the next major update. This is their worst map rework yet by a long shot.

• I started playing mid 2018 and this is the worst map I’ve ever seen in the game. Even the content creators and fog whisperers that try to be neutral or positive are saying it’s terrible. Perhaps BHVR should listen to them.

There’s no gameplay for M1 killers. All the pallets are safe and many are god pallets. Its funny when you watch anyone play this map the only reason killers get any hits is because the survivors get greedy, they try to run around the pallet again when it’s obvious they dont have enough distance for a full loop. Thats how they want the game though, where you only get a hit if the survivor makes a mistake - like the good old days.

The only hope is that the game is bad for survivors too. They have actual rooms that are dead ends, no way out other than the way you came in. Because of this they might actually do some changes. If they dont announce changes soon I’m going on hiatus because ######### that map.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Even the "dead zone" that's the upper middle of the map has those drop down pallets, pallets right next to the stairs, and pallets between those high shelves that both sides can see through the gaps. The breakable walls create a chaotic maze that you wouldn't know how to navigate through do to everything being randomly generated. They dropped all map consistency when they made this map.