This next chapter is gonna be the make it or break it for the Dead By Daylight community

ClownIsUnderrated
ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

For someone who's been playing this game since it went free back on PS Plus in August of 2018, there's been some good and a lot of bad moments for me on this game. I've dealt with toxic people, toxic streamers, an onbarage of bugs, autoaim cucking you constantly, and the list goes on. At this point I just wonder when is enough truly gonna be enough for me.. I felt like before I discovered Dead By Daylight I was living my best life playing loads of games I loved, but since then I've induced myself to the ever so god awful grind on this game and dealt with tons of backlash from the community. This past week whenever I get on and play a few matches I can already tell that I don't even want to play, because the issues the game is present with and will continue to be present with forever. The last two chapters have been an entire mess.. Binding of Kin or the Binding of Bugs was the worst chapter to have ever be released on this game, and the devs knew it as well. BHVR wanted you to buy a killer that wasn't even fully polished, the new killer was bugged severely, the new perks didn't even work like they were suppose to, and the chapter was filled with tons of bugs that the community found if I remember it was over a 100. Then we have the mid chapter... A new UI that looked incredibly terrible, hitboxes were broken all over the place, the emblem system was completely broken to no surprise, and we have fat shaming bugs that made it into the game because nobody cares about testing things. They fixed this stuff which is nice, but c'mon BHVR why must you rush all this stuff out after PTB!? You delayed the mid chapter with literally no changes, but couldn't do it to the Binding of Bugs chapter!? Whatever this upcoming chapter plans to be, a lot of people are giving you guys one last chance. Because it's truly sickening that we the people who got you to where you are, have to play a game that's still in the Beta version honestly. Certain known Dead By Daylight steamers are starting to play other things, and sadly the Fog Whispers have to be forced to play this game because of their partnership. I loved the Clown changes although I wish you guys did something to his map mobility, but I'm not letting you off the hook for everything else you've done since the Halloween Event which I don't even need to talk about how bad that was. All we want is a game that everyone can enjoy, and not have to get frustrated at thanks to greedy and lazy decisions. If this next chapter fails miserably, I think I'll be uninstalling the game for good and just be done with it permanently and just be happy. Because honestly everyone is happy when we don't play DBD. Rant over...

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

What envy that this chapter does not have a license and even more so not to have a Xenomorph and above all that the survivor is a k-poper on the one hand is tedious, I don't even like that genre of music.

• RavCav_
    RavCav_ Member Posts: 59

I feel like someone makes this statement about every chapter. Give Behavior a break. At least they got rid of the scattered HUD.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It depends on the killer and the perks, I use to at least level a killer to unlock them. Now I have several killers I will not play and a few perks I don't even want to pollute my blood web with.

Don't care about survivor, only leveled 3 of them and got my main with ash.

• MomLife
    MomLife Member Posts: 11

I get so tired of people being a crybaby about this game. I have been playing this game since it was free also and at one time it did kind of take over my life but because I wanted it to. I love dead by daylight. I have taken breaks from the game but not because it's terrible but because I realized I needed some balance and I had a build up of other games I had been purchasing that I hadn't even tried yet. I always come back to DBD and my breaks are never long. I still play for a bit almost everyday. I will admit I didn't especially like the binding of kin chapter but I didn't hate it. If you hate the game bad enough to cry about it online then you should have quit a long time ago. Trust me, no one will miss you and that's fine. Not to mention, people always get on here complaining about the game but never have any detailed solutions of how they would do better. You know why? Because you are not clever enough to create a game of your own like DBD. Give the creators some credit where it's due and cut some slack for a few bugs. They always fix a bug when there is one and some things you can't fix, such as playing with someone who sucks at this game. Get over it and either get off or keep playing.

For those of you talking about Fortnite, my 10 year old daughter plays fortnite. If you think you can compare this game with Fortnite you are being ridiculous. Fortnite is a child's game and any adults that play Fortnite have a very childlike mindframe. I am certain any adult playing fortnite is not a successful adult. LOL!

I also agree with what someone said about predator being a good killer. Great idea but you're also right, alien would not fit in. Me and my fiance also toyed with the idea of Chucky but thought it probably would not work because of his size. Hehe.

I look forward to every chapter and every update and every event with DBD even when it's a new character I'm not in favor of. Keep 'em coming. I'm not going anywhere.

• ClownIsUnderrated

People are leaving the game though, the stats of people playing on Steam are dropping from what I remember.

• ClownIsUnderrated

It's gonna take one more thing that grinds my gears to make me leave the game, it's slowly but surely getting to that point for me.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

We don't know that yet, but I really hope that BHVR does its job as a game development company and fixes their only successful game.

• Finally someone gets it. The game doesn't resolve around one or two specific perks, but maps are crucial. New gideon as an example has no gameplay if you're an M1 killer, you can't AFK or dc everytime you get an abysmal map so.....all you can do is stop playing. Not like you can avoid maps.

These are "bad" maps like usual, ya know bad and you dont want to play it but you'll cope, the new maps are downright abysmal and actually ruin the game. It feels like 1st gen DBD.

• Phoenixrebirth1
    Phoenixrebirth1 Member Posts: 21

The game needs to be retired we need something new and better to come around it's never going to get better the maps are old sure they updated graphics over time hitbox clipping trough objects are a big problem that's needs to be addressed now just a Band-Aid to a broken arm approach we need a real fix the perks are not very helpful as they don't make the game fun anymore the ranking system needs to go like the biggest problems are camping just look at bloodlust do killers really need extra speed Freddy is a speed demon sorry but leatherface should have a cool down with his chainsaw is over kill that most people use him for camping and because of the buff it's not easy to avoid him the wiggling needs to go the flashlight are not all that great anymore because they have protection making it useless letting killers hit you when sliding over a pellet or jumping trough a window should not be a thing back too my point about killers clipping trough objects and that's one of them I don't care if people desagree with me but it's true regardless I can't see this being fixed because they don't care and most think it's fine just some of the many problems that will never change

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208
    edited February 2021

In the end dude is it really that big of a problem? We have a Chinese Gamer (Feng Min), A Nervous Leader (Dwight), Ash, a Heavily botched Quentin, along with a famous TV show host (Jane), and a Black lady who joined a cult then escaped the cult via going to the entity's realm (Elodie).

Surely a popstar survivor isn't too bad of an addition, along with not being too out of the ordinary compared to some of the characters who like feng min for example was in Pro Tournaments and Jane being a famous TV show host. While I'm not a huge fan of kpop I truly don't understand why people hate this character in question so much. Is it because the devs are doing a trend everyone else is doing? Or because it's not "horror like" (although let's face it until they add ceiling climbing mannequins or legitmately scary killer that can scare you in game by surprise DBD isn't gonna be scary for awhile)

I'm sort of iffy if the new killer IS the popstar, because well... I mean we have a roster of bloodied mutated killers then you just see a brightly colored diva. But if the new teaser suggests they can rewind time than that's hella cool overall you know. Hard to implement, but if the devs work out something for that power than it's surprising.

The only thing I'm concerned about this upcoming chapter is the amount of teasers we've been getting. It seems like they're hyping this up A LOT which worries me if they might get HELL TON of bugs like Binding of Kin and all that hype was just overall disappointment.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

One thing I rarely see commenters acknowledge is that this is about to be a 5 year old game that even with the graphic updates, is operating on the same engine, which means it's almost 5 years worth of coding changes.

Coding is the biggest hurdle in long term multi-player games. Many people don't even recognize that. Changing one thing can and will break something somewhere else. Sometimes it's super obvious and they catch it before release. Many times its something miniscule or something that isn't easily fixed without creating a snowball effect.

At this point, coding is a nightmare due to the age of the game and the amount of content it has. But if they start from scratch on a DBD2, they lose ALL the licensing, which is fine because they have enough original material to work with. But it's also a bummer because the licensed characters are part of the fun of the premise of this game. They had to renegotiate licenses for the game when it was ported to new platforms it wasn't on before, even if it's the same distributing company like Microsoft and Sony.

Once Unreal Engine 5 becomes available, they really need to consider if it's possible to make the switch, this way they can have a clean slate in a way as everything would be freshly coded. It'd be a long process, but it's either that or a crash and burn death for this game down the line. Bugs are becoming more frequent because of what I outlined in the beginning of the post. So yeah, things are only going to get worse, especially with COVID protocols still in place.

• ComaDarkvale
    ComaDarkvale Member Posts: 20

Ive been playing since day one. I paid. I live all the updates. I'm a daily players still have fun still enjoy I play with a group and we laugh the whole time. Even the bad matches. If you want to be toxic or don't enjoy stop playing as well as leave the community no one cares about you crying like your opinion is the normal one

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

Well I don't like it because I'd like to stop seeing stupid cosmetics.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Kpop idol survivor>Aliens and space.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 225

You have to remember all three franchises are owned by Disney.

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

Disney/Fox let Epic Games make the Xeno use guns, stand upright at all times, and do a bunch of emotes. From dancing to silly poses.

And yet you think Alien couldn't fit in DBD? Okay then.

• ClownIsUnderrated

Your opinion doesn't matter either to buddy, just Saiyan.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021

Game will prolly be fine for a while yet. It has a niche but pretty dedicated following that has technically grown more than it's shrunk since release.

Sure it has it's up and downs but it's been chugging along pretty well.

Even that bad update which scared a bunch of folks away was higher than it was the year before.

• I mean

.. If we get a kpop survivor... Who really gives a chit? If you like it... Okay? If you don't? So what? It's really nothing to get silly over either way- damn, and y'all call other things toxic without any self awareness

• wraithbaby3
    wraithbaby3 Member Posts: 30

It's gg for dbd. I quit

• zacattak48
    zacattak48 Member Posts: 100

The game is going to be getting millions of new players. Did you not see the new teaser? Will smith/fresh prince/ blue genie is the new killer and survivor. Ahh that's hot

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

I hate the no end of bugs as much as any player but I won't leave a game because of that could behaviour do better? Yes they can and should but at this point in time I'm noticing bugs appear they get fixed nearly instantly, some bugs are taking awhile eg hit boxes but that's fine once you know the issue as a player you just add a few feet onto where killer is in your head.

Point is the game is crappy at the best of times but a chapter release will not be the reason I stop playing it will be when they add alien to the game because this is a slasher not a alien game you wanna play as a xenomorph go buy an alien game as I see it aliens have no place in this game at all they pushed it with Demo and look how that turned out.

• ClownIsUnderrated

And it's wrong to voice your frustrations? Jeez no wonder having an opinion on the internet doesn't mean anything

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

You literally phrased YOUR opinion as that of an entire community! Have an opinion... then state YOURS do not presume to speak for anyone but yourself.

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132

What kind of thinking is this? Holy ...

Yes, it’s a horror game. But survivors must be unique so throwing in a K-pop character doesn’t do it any harm. You’re still gonna be chased by deranged killers. You’re still gonna try to escape and not end up on a hook.

• Kolossoni
    Kolossoni Member Posts: 371

I was one of the biggest critic for the Bonding of Kin chapter with all the bugs and coding issues.

I was met with much hate and negativity, but I kept my words.

BUT!

After a few patches with constant fixes after fixes, the Twins were relatively playable now and the game became less of a hassle to deal with.

Of course, it's been almost 4 months since Bonding of Kin and patch 4.5.0 broke the game ONCE MORE.

They're fixing it now and it's getting better.

MY POINT:

Give it time.

I was so pissed off at the devs (and you can check my discussions for this) and I can understand why you would be worried for the third game breaker code-issues it might bring on to us.

But, after waiting patiently and knowing the game is being under maintenance all the time, I can tell you that I've learned from my mistakes and misjudgement and that I have hopes for them in any cases.

• Games already dead for me it's not fun all the bugs ruin the game and it's survivor sided no matter how you look at it. You don't see any item add ons that hinder the survivor experience like slower run speed do you? Hopefully the next patch comes with redemption but I doubt it.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

While a Original Chapter is nice, BHVR (useally) does a better job with licenced chapters. Look at Myers and PH.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

I hate when people refer to Steam charts to know how many players are leaving/joining. LOTS of players are from Xbox, PS4/PS5, Switch. I own the game on all three of them and I assure you, if you turn cross-play off and look for a game as killer you won’t believe it. The queue times have never been this long. Yes, people left the game. Much more people than Steam can tell.