Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Perk Banning before the game starts

capri_sheung95
capri_sheung95 Member Posts: 2

Should a Perk Banning system be established before the game? say like before the actual lobby launches BOTH the killer and survivors each can ban 2 perks this would be for example:

Killer bans: Lithe, and bond

survivor bans: Barbecue and chilli, and tinker .

then Lobby launches to select perks obviously the perks mentioned above are banned for the rest of the game and characters before the game starts

I could definately see a mix of pros and cons for this, but nonetheless it could add a new variant to this game and perhaps even make it a little more interesting.

A ban for maps could also be nice right before the game but this could conflict with offering so idk. What y’all think?

Comments

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

I like this idea, but people would just ban meta perks, and it wouldn't really solve any existing problems.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Although not a formal ban, I do think swf should have some perks not allowed since 99% are using discord or something to chat. Makes some perks overpowered when you can tell your entire team what you know

• capri_sheung95
    capri_sheung95 Member Posts: 2

Think in terms of diversifying the meta... cause lets be honest:

Killers: Barbecue and chilli and any hex is used like 90% (not to mention that killers have 7 hexs to run)

survivors: DS and Dead hard? Like i think these are the most meta perks so banning could provide an extra diversification of current gameplay

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

I don't like the idea that someone else could tell you what you couldn't use. For killers, for example, ruin and chili would be banned all the time, making matches go much faster and cutting the bloodpoints the killer could get. And for survivors, perks that would be their second chance, like DS, would probably be out, so the killer would tunnel more.

• Nehalennya
    Nehalennya Member Posts: 39

It would be interesting if 5 randomly generated perks would be blocked for everyone- so if a generator shows every player 5 random perks which he can't use. But i would be really feared that this would be messed up and those random perks would be stay forever banned or something like that.

In the other way around it would be nice to implement a random perk generator which you can chose to activate or not- but it would be really nice if it would be possibe that DBD would chose 4 randomperks from the survivor or killer you want to play- and just showing questionmarks until everyone is in the game. this could be interesting also when this would be bugged and showing questionmarks during match, too- then you have to try to find out what perks you have and just don't see :D this could be really fun, too.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2021

A perk banning system would be abused. No more exhaustion perks and no more DS/UB, etc on survivors. No more BBQ, Devour Hope, NOED, Ruin, Undying, etc on killers.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I really don't want match set-up to take longer than it already does.

• Demon_Swords
    Demon_Swords Member Posts: 68

Though I think this could make for an interesting alternate game mode it would just cause a bunch of people to just leave lobby if you ban something they want to run. Also would really suck for killer since you can't switch killers if they ban one of the few leveled perks you have on them.

I think it would be best if each survivor banned one perk while killers banned less. There is much more variety in playable killer builds then there are in survivor ones and this system would remove the awkwardness of a voting system for survivors.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

Every single killer would ban DS and go in a tunneling spree, lol.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

No.

Survivors would just ban BBQ and Ruin everytime, for easier game.

While Killers could ban DS and Kindred (the second one being the best perk for solo survivors) and just blatently proxycamp and tunnel for free.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

As well as for the reasons everyone has listed, it would also be a problem for stream sniping. It would be pretty annoying as a streamer if people could snipe you and then ban the two best perks that they knew you were running and know which ones they would need to ban. I just don't think it would work unfortunately.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

No.

I paid for the game, let me use the build I want to run.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Don't ban perks

Ban a few of them from swf though.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399

No.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474
    edited March 2021

Survivors, Bans 2 killer meta perks

Killer, Bans 2 survivor meta perks

Killer suddenly using thrilling tremors instead of bbq

Survivors suddenly not having ds and bt anymore making hook camping and tunneling the easiest strategy available just so the killer cant have bbq