To those who play on stretched resolutions as killer, why?

I understand why you'd use it as survivor, it allows you to see over loops better and makes movement feel smoother, but what's the point as killer? Vertical FOV isn't important and at times it even blurs your vision.

Is there a point to it as killer or is it more of a preference thing from using it in other games?

Comments

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

I've seen an EU nurse streamer stretch their res in a way that basically has the same effects as shadowborn, and they say they do it so they don't have to waste a perk slot

as far as i know, stretched res increases both vertical and horizontal FOV, and I my guess is survivor benefits more from vertical FOV and killer horizontal FOV

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

I don't know how to do it but every game should allow you to play with high fov. It's really uncomfortable without using shadowborn every match with the binoculars vision. If I would ever do this I would do it for comfortability and not for an advantage.

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

This whole game is balanced around reduced FOV for killers tho.

Also I would say the same thing could be said about playing the game on LOW setting + max brightness, ######### the game looks so damn ugly on 90% of the streamers out there. I get to rank 1 killer without using all that, so what's the point?

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

I absolutely hate it when players play on low graphics just for an advantage. How do you enjoy a game knowing it could look better. Though, luckily this game doesn't have huge difference with graphic settings. On top of that the way they have to nowadays make the maps super bright now because people play with the sun glaring into the screen like aah I can't see in the dark, crap map. It's supposed to be dark.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

In the words of my friend, it allows him to run the game at a stable 144fps and feels nicer to play on.

I don't use stretched res (finally got myself an actual monitor after all) so can't personally comment.

• It is to better see the blendettes.