Its too easy to free yourself from a Bear Trap

Options
actively carhcing someone in your bear trap should come with some sort of a reward, not just an injury, id say it deserves a hook, not a chase to lwad you to a hook

Comments

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Run purple stones and deerstalker nuff said
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    It almost always gets an instant hook. This reward is fairly revoked if you take a year to waddle your ass over to the trap

Only if you run those spicy addons, otherwise its just an injure (unless you have been chasing the survivor into the trap)

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    GT_Legend2 said:

actively carhcing someone in your bear trap should come with some sort of a reward, not just an injury, id say it deserves a hook, not a chase to lwad you to a hook

You should be unable to do anything for the first 10 seconds of you being in a bear trap. Then after the 10 seconds, you will get the normal RNG action to see whether or not you free yourself. I don't like how you can get sharp spikes jabbed into your legs and the survivor doesn't experience no type of shock from the trap.

That would be unfair. There is an addon that can make you stay trapped for longer anyway.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

agreed. they should put this on a certain time limit or completely remove the survivors ability to free himself. trapper deserves some buffs & CoL changes!

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    I swear the percentage goes up the closer Trapper gets to you. 5 times in a row I’ve freed myself JUST as he got to me, and made 5-7 escape attempts every time. 
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Trapper and pig need progressive rng. The more times you try the higher the chance is. Like 3% the first try and increase that with every attempt.
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@KingB said:
    Trapper and pig need progressive rng. The more times you try the higher the chance is. Like 3% the first try and increase that with every attempt.

nah they need regressive rng

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    Options

10 attempts in a trial yesterday. I didn't get out, the killer eventually abandoned a chase to come get me.

When the RNG is in the Trapper's favour, those traps are lethal.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

It's either feast or famine for both really and I find when I'm on the survivor side of things my rng sucks and when killer side my rng sucks.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options
    KingB said:
    But the pigs box isnt rng. The devs confirmed that when you get a trap put on it determines which box has your key. You just have to pick the right one.
  • M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Options
    My Fix is this:
    1st try: 10%
    2nd try: 20%
    3rd try 30%
    Add-ons that decrease escape chance will work like this:

(Slightly)
    1st try: 9%
    2nd try: 18%
    3rd try: 27%
    (Moderately)
    1st try: 8%
    2nd try: 16%
    3rd try: 24%
    (Considerably)
    1st try: 7%
    2nd try: 14%
    3rd try: 21%
    (Tremendously)
    1st try: 6%
    2nd try: 12%
    3rd try: 18%
    Slippery meat rework:
    .0/1/2 extra tries to free self from hook
    .Attemp hook and trap speed increased by 6/8/10%
    .Permanent 1/2/3% increase bear trap escape chance (per attempt)
    (Example)
    1st try: 13%
    2nd try: 26%
    3rd try: 39%
  • SIX
    SIX Member Posts: 67
    Options

I'm always careful when playing against a Trapper, because i know luck ain't on my side :p

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@GT_Legend2 said:

The problem with the trap is its 100% RNG. I've had matches where I escape on the first attempt and others where it takes an eternity to escape. This is why the traps feel so bad because you have no control over their effectiveness. If there was a delay (lets say the survivors are to busy screaming in pain) before an attempt could be made then it wouldn't feel so RNG based. Its very similar to Pig trap where people get them off on the first box.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,429
    Options

Trapper just still needs some massive buffs to bring him up to other killers. He's just extremely underwhelming and lacks any control whatsoever to a competent group.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

@GT_Legend2 said:

The problem with the trap is its 100% RNG. I've had matches where I escape on the first attempt and others where it takes an eternity to escape. This is why the traps feel so bad because you have no control over their effectiveness. If there was a delay (lets say the survivors are to busy screaming in pain) before an attempt could be made then it wouldn't feel so RNG based. Its very similar to Pig trap where people get them off on the first box.

But again, the pig box isnt rng. It already has a key somewhere.  You just have to get lucky. You have to...make your choice...

Ill let myself out.