The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Surveillance buff

Unit
Unit Member Posts: 190
edited August 2018 in General Discussions
Hello my fellow Claudeets (hehe lore references) I would like to propose a buff to the worse of the pigs perks, Surveillance.

Regular surveillance shows the last regressing generators aura for 16 seconds.

My buff to Surveillance would be instead of showing the generator show who's working on it until they get off, if you kick it beforehand.

Yes it's overpowered but if we have bbq and bitter murmur that can help tracking why not have this 

Comments

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Or maybe just like the new Pink Wraith add-on. And remove the timer

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Surveillance should change the aura colour of the generator when outside of a 32 meter radius. Aura of all gens within 80 meters fade to a red colour as they repair more towards completion. Kicking a gen puts perk on cooldown for 20/15/10 secs.
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I would really like to have aura reading towards the survivors but tbh alls I really want is for the timer to be like a min really... theres no way the a killer can kick 3 gens in 16 seconds and be able to focus on the already kicked gens before the timer runs out... 
  • Bravo0413
    AshleyWB said:
    Surveillance should change the aura colour of the generator when outside of a 32 meter radius. Aura of all gens within 80 meters fade to a red colour as they repair more towards completion. Kicking a gen puts perk on cooldown for 20/15/10 secs.
    This sounds like an idea for a new perk... I dont really care for the requirements of having to be within 32 meters and then a cooldown on top of it...survielance is geared towards stealth killers... this idea would work for every killer
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited August 2018

I like that idea of surveillance showing the aura of all survivors working on a gen within a 32 meter range. Basically if you are working on a gen within 32 meters of the killer, the killer will see your aura. Would work a hell of alot better with the pig and would also be a good perk for low terror radius killers like Hag, Michael, and Wraith

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Honestly I think they intended to do "60 seconds", but someone heard "16 seconds" and they just didn't bother to fix it.
  • Bravo0413
    Esheon said:
    Honestly I think they intended to do "60 seconds", but someone heard "16 seconds" and they just didn't bother to fix it.
    I agree with this.. you can tell that the devs were rushing the pig out so mistakes were made.. and I dont think surveillance needs anything else just more time like 60 seconds would be perfect.. 
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

No matter what you do this perk is not going to change rank 1-5 meta perks.
    Its just not worth it no matter how much you buff it, atm in the game you need agressive perks not support.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

@Unit said:
     My buff to Surveillance would be instead of showing the generator show who's working on it until they get off, if you kick it beforehand.

Yes it's overpowered but if we have bbq and bitter murmur that can help tracking why not have this 

What about numbers? Perks have 3 levels.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

hehehe i get the reference.....

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Just remove the timer, then you have a nice MID tier perk for gen defense strategies. Its nothing crazy but a lil useful and super easy for the devs to patch. In fact why haven't they done this!

• Zefanya
    Zefanya Member Posts: 4

I think it would be great if the surveillance effect last for 16/24/32 second and a survivor can get rid of the surveillance effect if they repair the generator for 4/6/8 second and while the survivor is repairing the generator the aura of the generator will become yellow instead of white and the surveillance perk has a cooldown of 48/32/24 second

• Moonshadow
    Moonshadow Member Posts: 3

I think they should change the time to 60 seconds and reveal the auras of survivors eight meters or less away from the gen for ten seconds