Sick and tired of it

Options

Gen speed has gotten to point you can't enjoy killer anymore i cant even chase anyone for what seems to be 20-30sec without 2 gens gone.

Its ridiculous at this point there nothing you can do unless your run the same old generic build.

There is no fun to be had with killer its gotten so bad you have start second guessing should u chase or not.

Comments

• GodLikeTerror
    GodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

I wish I could run more fun builds, but I always have to incorporate corrupt at minimum even when I end chases generally in the 20-30 second range like you said. I have to end up slugging, but sorry have to deal with unbreakable on top of that. Earlier I ended up slugging all 4 survivors, and I still ate a 59 second ds somehow, and then they had unbreakable. Had to slug all of them again, because they did 3 gens even though I had tons of pressure. The speeds are actually stupid, and leaves no room, but having to run generic builds to even perform on a good level, because without corrupt good chance 3 gens are gone by the time you get one down.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827
    Options

You are the type of survivor I'd gladly give hatch👍. It's so refreshing to see a person give an honest answer regardless of "main bias".

• GodLikeTerror
    Options

If you aren't slugging you need to consider time recovering hit after down picking person up animation dragging person to the hook. That's pretty much enough time for gens to get done or close enough. That's why gens go fast. A lot of killers try to play fair, but they can't.

• N851
    N851 Member Posts: 27
    Options

I know what you mean but I feel like it is just time perspective. When I am killer I feel like they fly fast but when I play survivor it feels like it takes forever to repair.

• GodLikeTerror
    Options

What region you play on? Same thing with me. I feel like early morning is when it's at it's worse.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

I'm from germany so when I play in the morning I occasionally face UBK or other tournament teams, Sawpalin and his friends (who are easily better than most tournament players I've seen so far) etc.

At this point I'm not even feeling like playing in the morning anymore.

If I play at night however I too get them "EZ 4K games" that usually start like this (names censored for obvious reasons):

If I always got "these kind" of games I would say killer is hideously easy but damn... The difference between "normal survivors" and elite level survivors is just... Difficult to explain.

• DevourOfSalt
    DevourOfSalt Member Posts: 254
    Options

Yh i feel you on that, iv been playing more survivor then i do killer usually just get killer to rank one then forget it until next reset just not fun experience at those ranks.

Its either sweat as hard you can or get bullied for trying to play different builds or trying something new

• GodLikeTerror
    edited February 2021
    Options

I'm in america, but I tend do get people all over place most of the time, and early morning games for me are rough. Don't play early morning anymore due to it. I can down a person in like 15 seconds, and it doesn't matter at all. Even with 8 stacks of STBFL and being a really high tier clown player. I struggle hard in early morning games. Like you said any longer than 20 seconds and the game is over. It's rough. Late night is much better. I wish I could have fun in the game no matter what time of the day, but can't have that, because people like to be fun suckers.

• DevourOfSalt
    DevourOfSalt Member Posts: 254
    Options

Hahah man i feel that i swear i play survivor i get chase to what seems to been forever n only get one gen done 🤣 but go back to killer i even breath in the direction of gen boom its gone lol

• Yamaoka
    Options

Yeah best thing is they'll usually act like total arses over a win as well further reducing any fun factors.

I wish playing killer wasn't such a vastly differing experience so people would at least understand what one means when they're complaining about killer gameplay.

Like yeah... Anyone can beat bad survivors like the Steve in the clip above but I don't want the win to be dependant on "how bad" the survivors are.

I just want a balanced gaming experience. If they all beat me individually in a chase (as in all of them can hold a chase of around a minute) then I will gladly accept a 4 man escape but right now you can basically -and I will quote @DevourOfSalt on this- not even breath in the direction of a gen before it pops (when facing competent/aggressive survivors).

• GodLikeTerror
    Options

It's extremely difficult to win against aggressive survivors. Especially if they glue to gens. Gotta worry about ds and everything in between. They don't even need to be good at chasing. If they can just drop pallets and be chased for like half a minute or so. Better kiss any chance of winning goodbye. Unless they start causing blunders, and making a ton of mistakes by grouping up giving you free hits, so you can slug. Gen speeds can make average players win every time. I play with my GF and her brother a lot, and we just split up on gens, and I'm the highest skilled in the group, and I'm slightly better than average and we win 8/10 games, by just sticking on gens.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Yeah the game is survive by daylight really.

I still play with two friends of mine adn we have a no comms rule when in game to make it more thematic and harder.

Its very rare we get a killer who destroys us, some games are balanced but many when we are grouped up are just a 1-2 hook fest and then exit.

Also BNP and DS, UD combo are banned.

Its put some fear and some fun back int he game.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

*Laughs in not having any slowdown perks whatsoever*

*Cries in infinite 1ks*

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I feel the same. I don’t know what happened but something changed. The gens were always fast but this is different. Maybe mmr? All I know is ALL survivors now sit on gens. Right from the start of the game all 4 jump on gens. You’ll lose 3 very easily regardless of how well things go. So the game is really a 2 gen game.

I’ve said this before but the game isn’t really balanced around all survivors sat on gens. The game is balanced around maybe 2 survivors on gens 1 being chased and 1 survivor being useless at all times in some way. When all survivors want to do gens thats where the problems start.

If they were looping well it would be one thing but even when the chases are over fast you still lose which makes you wonder how are you meant to do better? Every chance you could get a hit you got it, lightning fast chases but still the gens are done.

The best thing to do is actually to camp you know why? Because its the only thing that gets survivors off gens. I hook someone now and chase another and 2 gens still pop no Ruin but that means that survivors are sitting on gens until they’re finished and then going to do other things. Previously survivors would rush hooks but now the gens are the priority. So you camp the hook and now suddenly everyone wants to leave gens. Camping isnt fun for anyone but when most players allow it to be more effective than actually chasing what are you meant to do?

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options
  • Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

Unfair matchmaking. I don't play either role to win. I just play to have fun so I don't mind if I lose. Even playing against flashlight squad can be pretty funny because of their little tricks.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Well, thank god survivors have 3 hook stages and the killer completed 1/12th of his objective, while the survivors completed 3/5ths or 60% of their objective. Totally balanced.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

Hang in there. We need u to keep playing. I know it's frustrating. But I really appreciate u playing killer.

• Yamaoka
    edited February 2021
    Options

You should know better than that. Obviously I run the typical slowdown meta like anyone else when I expect competent teams but since I played that particular match at night I knew I could run whatever I want and win anyway.

EDIT:

Here, this should be a relief for your eyes lol

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    Options

And yet it's so hard to give the survivors another objective like finding parts to do a gen, but no let's just leave it the way it has been for almost FIVE years now.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,186
    Options

He could have escaped if he just run and drop down, into the god pallet.

• Yamaoka
    Options

That's not why I posted the clip. I posted it to show that I usually use "normal" perks like any other red rank killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Hook stages alone are 2 minutes. So if the match lasts less, then the fault is entirely on the survivor side.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

It is what happens when you give survivors extra BP for doing gens. If the event would award more BP from doing something else then it won't be like this.

• Sangotunk
    Sangotunk Member Posts: 46
    Options

That's why I only play strong anti-loop killers (hag, pyramid head, twins) to have at least a chance to fight back against the gen speed

• Amy095
    Amy095 Member Posts: 96
    Options

There this amazing perk called corruption..

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

i wish that would work but when I use it, they hide till it’s over or go hunting for totems and chests. By the time I find them the scenario mentioned above happens all over again.

Im at the stage of just going to the opposite end of the map with corrupt.

• Amy095
    Options

Whats your rank? And what killers do you mainly play?

• Amy095
    Options

Spirit and legion tend to have good map pressure to be honest.

The only reasons I think you could possibly be struggling are:

• You chase a survivor for too long
    • You ignore survivors on a gen when chasing another
    • The current ranking system is awful
    • You have not yet mastered the killer
    • You have not yet learned counter-play (survivor and killer)
    • Perhaps there are better perks you could be using to provide you with survivor information i.e. location

These are just some thoughts.. none of these may even apply to you.. but as I was learning killer as well as my friends, many of these did apply.

Sometimes when we play killer we may not 'gel' with one very well. At time we may have a particular play style that we just haven't found yet with one of the killers.

I suggest watching videos on youtube for extra tips.. Otzdarva is a good option, and also try out other killers for a while. You might find one you work well with and can then maintain alot of map pressure.

If i'm honest, alot of it comes down to experience. Keep playing and it will get better :)

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Killer sucks right now. Not fun.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Early game mechanic coming soon...

Lol. <sighs in ghost face mask>

• Rizer
    Rizer Member Posts: 95
    Options

Okay now try solo q as a survivor and tell me how fast things get done... the killer will get 7 hooks before 2 gens pop... gtfo of here with this.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

Each update also puts more and more pressure to get the gens done fast. I lost track at how many exposed perks have been added and killers created or tweaked to end chases fast - along with aura reads that reveal survivors doing odds things like just passing a totem...combined with the aforementioned ending chases faster.

Survivors need to crank out gens faster than ever these days just to make sure they see end game.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

I always thought it weird they give more BP for gens than being a chase, and that applies with normal game too.

Getting chased especially at the start does NOT pay well in BP or emblems. How about switching that around?

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031
    Options

They said that's changed into something else, and we still don't have information as to what to expect.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

If survs do not do gens as quickly as possible, the killer will killrush by slugging everyone. It's that simple. It's not fun either to see the entire team slugged with 5 gens up and that happens more than the other way.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

It's the other way round. Killers are slugging because gens go too quickly to evenly hook everyone.

• Baxe
    Baxe Member Posts: 23
    Options

Lobby dodge, every killer would have to turn their comments private or at least me as I almost got 3 whole comment pages of -rep for tunneling. lol