killers stop leaving just because you think it might be a SWF...

Options
Okaythenn
Okaythenn Member Posts: 47
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

Honestly the amount of times waiting in lobby for over 5 mins because killers spawn in and think a group of solo survs are a SWF.

I just don't get it. fine you don't want to play a group of SWF but you don't know if it is before you play, sick of waiting to get into a lobby and then having to wait a extra 5/10 mins because killers keep leaving because they think it could be a SWF. its stupid the game has them but dodging one you think could be might put you in another where it actually is a SWF๐Ÿ’†โ€โ™€๏ธ

I just find it pointless (I'm saying it's pointless because you could end up with a toxic swf instead of that group of solos you just dodged without knowing)

EDIT- People seem to think this is a attack on killer mains. its not. i play 50/50.

the issue is its making survivor times even longer and killers are dodging solo survivors and they could end up with a toxic swf anyway without knowing.

I made this post because I've noticed its happening a lot more and i think it could be because there are atleast 3/4 survivors already in the lobby before the killer, which when i play killer and it happens to me i instantly think they all spawned in together must be a swf.

I agree a solution to this fir both sides would be at least a indicator if its a swf so solo ques aren't getting any longer and killers then know for a fact if they are avoiding a swf or ot.

Post edited by Okaythenn on
ยซ1

Comments

• Okaythenn
    Options

But you don't know if they are SWF, I've been waiting in lobby with other solo's and literally 3 killers and come and go with no flashlights or anything.

Proves my point more. You don't know if you left a non toxic group of solos to join a game of toxic SWF.

I think because atm survivors are waiting in lobby before a killer is in there so they see a group of 3 or 4 and just leave.

It's adding extra waiting time for literally no reason.

• DTJObe
    DTJObe Member Posts: 170
    Options

No. Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge.

• Okaythenn
    Options

Because survivors are getting into a lobby before killers so when a killer spawns in they see either a group of 3-4 survivors already there?

I never use flashlights or anything don't even know how to.

My point is they could be leaving to go into a actual toxic SWF.

• Okaythenn
    Options

I play a mix of both, I've had my fare share of toxic swf that are rank 1's while i was a rank 13 killer.

I've never dodged a lobby because unless all 4 have flashlights i don't know what rank, if they are swf or if they are toxic

• Okaythenn
    Options

I've literally been waiting in lobby of 4 basic survivors with no flashlights maybe a tool box and med-kit, killers just cycle through.

Im not saying you have to cope with a toxic game like i said I've had my fare share but dodging lobbys when you don't really know makes survivor ques longer and like i said you could end up in a toxic game anyway

• Okaythenn
    Options

i said i play mixed both.

when i was only a rank 14 killer the games matchmaking started putting me constantly with red rank swf they would blind me constantly and then write ######### in end game chat like uninstall the game and everything else

• Okaythenn
    Options

I agree tbf swf should be shown to the killer honestly even better if there where profiles so you can see if the players are toxic anyway would be amazing. Its just the survivor ques can be over 20 mins long and then seeing killers come in and out of the lobby is just depressing.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

That Would be hilarious newer low rank players hungry for bp getting destroyed by red rank swf

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    Options

And you don't know if the killers left because they thought you were a SWF squad...

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options
  • Silver9
    Silver9 Member Posts: 31
    Options

Personally I've never dodged lobbies for swf cause if it sucks oh well on to the next game. Queue times for killers are amazingly short at the moment after all and I don't care to much about my rank. I just like trying to get good with new killers.

That being said I will dodge lobbies if you're on the mental list of names I have for people who I've seen be actively racist or use other derogatory terms in the post game chat. Someone else can deal with that lobby.

• Okaythenn
    Options

I'm not barking up any tree. I wasn't blaming killers for anything I'm just expressing the fact everyone knows survivors times to get in game is 20 mins plus usually and seeing killers come in and out of a lobby for the next five mins is depressing. Plus it seems to happen pretty often weather there are flash light or not. The fact is on appearance alone you cant tell who is toxic and people are dodging solo survivors( this is a guess) because there are 3-4 survivors already in lobby before the killer.

I don't understand why people think this is attack I'm not a survivor main I'm 50/50 and hate toxic swf, ruins the experience.

The fact that killers are dodging more often means survivor ques are getting even longer and because there is nothing in the game to say if its a swf or not killers don't actually know if they are up with them and skipping a none swf they could easily end up with a toxic group.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I just find it pointless

Clearly, they don't.

Not defending btw, but both sides aren't seeing everything from the other side.

Or perhaps they do and just don't care.

• Okaythenn
    Options

I would love to have a player profile where you could see like survivor reviews where other player could rate if they where toxic or not, especially in end game chat, so survivors and killers could just avoid those people. but i don't think that would be possible

• Thunderous_670
    Thunderous_670 Member Posts: 137
    Options

"no reason", no dude, my pig man literally explained ourselves to you, now i'm sorry if people disconnect when it's a solo, but you have to understand that the stress that some swfs bring just isn't fun, it's just unnecessarily stressful, there's a reason why your queues are so long, it's because killers are far and few between; much less someone closer to what rank could be, and stress is a big factor in that, toxicity is killing this game.

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

They will care when more killers leave the game with all the nerfs to please survivors...how about you have to play killer at least once a day before you can do your swf

• Deathslinger_Main
    Deathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75
    Options

Solution: Survivors. Play more killer.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

Yeah cause then no one would play against those people.

Real talk though, i will lobby dodge any claudettes, and if there isnt a mix of crossplay/not crossplay Im gone.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 666
    Options

How do you know the reason the are leaving is because the think it is SWF and not something else?

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

Be glad you aren't booted out of the lobby and have to look for another game.

Waiting over an hour to play with multiple Killer's dodging was the worst before dedicated servers.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Exactly this.

I stopped caring about rank and pips, its all BS anyway.

I lobby dodge based on names, profiles from crappy people to play against or on my blacklist.

But...

Sometimes all matching costumes, often its just people memeing it up but it can be an iffy one.

Sometimes TTV's, as a lot of them (not all) engage in obnoxious behaviour to get more interaction time with the killer, although going back to watch your game can be fun.

Sometimes 4x flashlight and as someone who plays lots of Trapper sometimes if I see a map.

It really has nothing to do with SWF. 99% of the time I just hit ready and don't even look, often I forget what perks I have on.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918
    Options

Nope. It's the benefit of nobody wanting to play killer. You ditch the 4 man groups, no more than 2 toolboxes and certainly no keys or you can stay in the queue.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

You have a much much more higher chance to go against some form of SWF over a full solo queue lobby. Just because you queue up solo doesn't mean the others in the lobby are solo too. More than likely its a 3-1, 2-2, or even 2-1-1.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 834
    Options

If they balance out swf not to be op maybe i wont care about dodging them. Who wants to play against nasty swfs who take advantage of this games unbalanced side

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

How much would people change their playstyle if there'd be a an icon on their names indicating they/these players are a swf?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

they did. survivors just lobby dodged until they got in the same game with their friends and messed up everything to cheat.

The devs added it in because the demand was so high and it was causing so many problems, but forgot to rebalance the game around it.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

Because going against a SWF is usually seeing x4 DS/UB, top tier perks, all split up doing gens as efficiently as possible, good at looping and on a strong map for survivors which ends up making the game finishing on me (killer) getting 4 hooks before they all escape.

Or I'm forced to camp, since tunnelling and slugging are removed by DS/UB and get cried at in the process.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894
    Options

Nope