Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Files getting corrupted after every update

Colovorat
Colovorat Member Posts: 30

Platform: PC

When entering game menu, or sometimes when match starts i'm getting error, that says my game files are corrupted or modified

Occurs after every update

6 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

If possible you post a screenshot of the error message and logs from the session where it occurs? Logs can be found in 'C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs'. Thank you

Comments

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

Im currently reinstalling the game. Which is becoming an update tradition.

• TamboRhyyn
    TamboRhyyn Member Posts: 124

Can confirm - my friend "Skybones" on Steam is having this same issue.

• nemeses
    nemeses Member Posts: 1

when i tried entering a match, i got an error message saying my files were modified, i lost item, addons and got a rankdown

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,473

Every few updates something breaks, reinstall on console, and verify integrity of game files on steam

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

It's after every update, EAC error, files been modified. When you verify your local files it takes like another 5 minutes and some .pak file(s) need to be downloaded again, last time it's like 1.8GB.

• NinjaNinjato
    NinjaNinjato Member Posts: 1

I still have the exact same problem and I have to uninstall and re-download the game every update it has become a tradition and I'm not sure how to fix it, it keeps saying stuff like EAC error, files have been, and that the pak.chunks are not working properly and I have tried to troubleshoot this for weeks and I cannot find the answer to this problem.

• Drendara
    Drendara Member Posts: 1

On PC after each DBD update or steam update I have to verify my files. It doesnt seem to matter if it add my icon packs or not there are always 3-5 files that fail to verify and must be reaquired. This usually results in 1-3 GB needing to be downloaded every update to play the game. If I forget to verify my files before playing I will usually be kicked out of the 1st or 2nd game I play due to files not being found. I just recently did a verification and 5 were found un-verified/corrupted. I have not played since I did the last verification so nothing should have been changed

• Noisy
    Noisy Member Posts: 21

I've got the same issue from a long time now, at least the 10ish last update/patch and every time I have to retrieve 2 or more files (1-2 GB). Got used to it kinda xD

For your EAC problem, maybe try this cause I had the same issue once : put the game AND Steam on administrator properties, both need to run as admistrator. Hope it'll help you.

• Dr_Smith_
    Dr_Smith_ Member Posts: 112

I have the same issue.

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

Same issue here.