A DC penalty is received for the dbd server bug 8,012

Options
Dr_Smith_
Dr_Smith_ Member Posts: 112

The error message appeared on the screen and it prevented me from playing the game. I received the DC penalty after it.

6 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

the error 8012 that you were receiving should not be an issue at the present time. For reference, any disconnection can result in a DC timeout.

Comments

• sharkster13
    sharkster13 Member Posts: 235
    Options

I saw it on a live stream on TrU3's twittch channel (7:07 and onwards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaiwW24Tbzg&ab_channel=TrU3Ta1ent

Same happened on Otz's a couple of days ago and he chatted with his followers while the matchmaking was locked.

I played yesterday SWF and 2 of my friends got disconnected a couple of times pre-match and during match. When they disconnected pre-match we all got -1 rank progress and occasionally they'd get a 50% chance of a DC ban and when they disconnected during match because of this error they got a 100% DC ban.

• sharkster13
    edited February 2021
    Options

Now I got the 8,012 bug.

I was cleansing a totem and once I completed the cleansing I got disconnected. For some reason this happens whenever you're doing an interaction with an object (repairing a gen, cleansing a totem, healing a survivor).

This time the 8,012 bug was so sever that I it screwed up my network interface controller. I wasn't able to connect to any website on my gaming computer, but I was able to connect to the internet using my other devices (work computer, cell phone, smart tv). I had to restart my computer in hopes it would work and luckly it did, cause the next step would be to reinstall the driver of my network interface controller.

If it was a dc and I didn't get a ban I'd be ok with it. Even with a ban if it happens like once a week I'll be cool with it. However it's happening so often my ban is getting longer which I'm still ok with, but if the game starts screwing up my laptop - my very expensive laptop - this is where I draw the line. No amount of bp's, no dlc, no rift, no graphical update, no chapter, no bugfix will fix my trust to ever return to this game if this isn't fix.

• ShimmerBiscuits
    ShimmerBiscuits Member Posts: 23
    Options

This has happened to me as well

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192
    Options

If you don't click ok and you're still in the game wait for the end of match, you won't get penalty.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

this happen a lot just feel it a lot more now.

• sharkster13
    Options

That's because the timer for the dc ban runs out. But the issue is that it takes me back to the loading screen and even at the loading screen it goes haywire.It doesn't let me in the game cause od the 8,012 error and I can't click on the exit game button. I have to kill the game with the Ctrl + Alt + Del.

• KellyRozzy
    KellyRozzy Member Posts: 3
    Options

I just started a game, as survivor, we all readied up and then the loading screen appeared and stayed on for a lot longer than usual, then it said an error occurred during loading, then I saw it said -1 and I had lost pip, exited the end game page and my pip is still gone. People like to make out like it isnt a big deal but I like getting pips so to loose 1 for no reason is infuriating, especially as I lost one before that game and in the game after due to a camper/tunnelled. Its just not fair.

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192
    Options

Yes, but the timer don't stack if I get it few times a day.

What you can try is, add -primarynet to your steam launch options

• sharkster13
    Options

I see. I'll keep that in mind. But stil it sucks you get punished for something that is not your fault.