since when can blight 180 lunge?

Zozzy
Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

twice now i have had a blight just whip around 180 and hit me in the middle of a sprint.

Is this a new exploit or what?

Found the answer. gaming mice with a dpi shift are able to do it and it needs to be patched out.

Post edited by Zozzy on

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Aa far as i know,basically since his release but people discovered it a bit later.

Not sure if it's an exploit (pretty sure it is one) but you you can do that with high mouse sensitivity basically

• Zozzy

My sensitivity is that high and it just locks at 90 degrees.

• Freddy96
    Freddy96 Member Posts: 767

Its an exploit because to achieve those flicks you have to resort in using macros. I have an 8k dpi mouse and no matter how hard i move my mouse i'll never achieve that. Used mouse driver macro and gg

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

I'm not exactly sure how it works but i guess you could ask in the discord of the streamer AscensionWho

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

Yeah,he's so trash on console.Which is a shame because he's really fun :(

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

From what I can tell, when Blight lunges while dashing he's able to hit not just what's in front of him but also to the side.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

I think that's more the limited turning speed with a controller.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

Flick is skilled. lol

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2021

10 people do it and it's very fun. Gives Blight a higher skillcap. I haven't gone against anyone who hasn't thought it was just simply very cool and enjoyable to go against, since literally nobody plays Blight (because he IS difficult). Let people have their fun, let potential with a character be a little higher than we all thought.

It is also very much counterable, you just have to be aware that they have it.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

McLean said they're aware of the issue, but also that they're not actively looking to fix it. Welcome to BHVR.

It only works on mouse and keyboards and moslty on very high DPI. It works SOMETIMES at lower dpi, but you have to break your wrist and elbow.

You're both right and wrong.

The turning can actually exceed 180° with this technique.

It's not an intended feature (see beginning of this post).

It's not an 'exploit' in the sense that the issue has been acknowledged, it's confirmed unintended and there are no indications that they consider it an infraction (oddly enough, given all the circumstances).

I do agree that it's problematic, especially when coupled with the almost 180° attack cone. It also creates an unreasonable disparity with consoles.

However, regarding the exploiting part, read the rest of my part. The sole responsibility for allowing this rests on BHVR. It's probably one of those issues that they tolerate simply because they don't know how to fix it. Oni had the same problem, than they over capped it unintentionally, then they fixed it, then it was possible to super flick again despite the alleged cap at 90°, then the camera glitched. I think you get where I'm going with this.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2021

As I said, NOBODY flicks with Blight. I have yet to go against more than 5 NORMAL Blights since his release. And maybe 2 of them knew what they were doing with Blight, one of them being AscenionWho.

People don't play this killer. If EVERYONE was flicking with Blight and people hated it (Like how you see Freddy every other game), I'd get it. But that's not the case. Again, I haven't gotten a single complaint about it, the only type of reaction I've gotten out of it was that I'm fun to play against, I'm the first good Blight they've played against, the hits I got on them were awesome, etc.

You still have to be a pretty good Blight to pull most of your flicks off as well, too. Can't just pick up Blight with a dpi switch and instantly reach his skillcap because you have flicks, no. It adds to his skillcap, it does not lower it in any way. It also adds to his fun factor.

But fact is, flicks do NOT remove counterplay. Is the counterplay different than base Blight's counterplay? Yes. However, is there counterplay TO flick Blight? Yes. You just have to understand what type of objects you can still get behind to cuck him out of his power, when to drop a pallet and what pallets you should be dropping, unpredictability (Blight expects to flick around this rock because you've been there this whole time, but moved at the last second. Might realize it a split second too late in his rush, he flicks around the rock and screws up. Human error. Happens all of the time. I do it plenty, I've seen tournament Blights do it, it's human error), using LOS similar to Nurse to keep him guessing with each Rush, making a good prediction an even better one on his part (again, a good Blight has to be using flicks in order for flicks to be effective).

Like I said, let the 5 people that flick with Blight have their fun, and let the people that have enjoyed going against it have their fun with it as well. You're complaining about it because you've used it, but not because you've gone against it. Most people haven't.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

This is something that has come into popularity over the past fer weeks. People call it the "J Flick". Now I can't do this as I'm on console, however this isn't something which is easy to do from what I've heard and seen, From what people have said, in order to full this flick off you have to flick you camera, then m1, then flick again. Like I said, this is just what I've heard, however this mechanic makes Blight very viable on the comp scene so I like it quite a bit.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

He's only really mid or maybe higher mid tier on console imo.

Low and inconsistent FPS makes playing Blight on console already really really hard.

And the biggest thing is the low turn rate with blight.It feels like console Blights are only able to lethal rush to about 45 degrees to each sides while PC Blights can turn 90 degrees to the sides AND they can take advantage of that "J-flick" (180 flick mid rush).

You actually have to use turn rate addons just to get to the addonless PC blight performance.

Not a single killer in this game is so handicapped on console like Blight.Not even Deathslinger,Huntress or Nurse.

Console Blight is just much much weaker than PC Blight,which is a shame because he's such a fun killer.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

It's because we can only increase senstivity in-game.

PC has another way to increase their sensitivity

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I think the way it works is, for a couple of frames after Blight starts lunging, the sensitivity is the same as your normal camera sens. So if you have high DPI you can slam the mouse to the side and move the camera by a lot before it give you the standard Blight lunge sensitivity. Apparently something similar happens with Oni but it's not as easy to do. I've never got it to go a full 180 degrees, only a tiny bit over the usual 90 degrees, which is something autoaim would've done for me anyway. It is absolutely an exploit, and whether it's fine being in the game or not is up to you. I think it should be fixed because it is pretty BS when you get the hang of it, and removes the one form of counterplay Blight has which is small loops and tight corners.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

They should honestly just do the same they did for Oni.

Cap the lethal rush turn rate at 90 degrees to the sides and maybe reduce the hitbox a bit

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I'm a console player, so I don't have a horse in this race, but I've seen 2 or 3 comments so far that say something like "it's really easy to do, also I've never been able to do it" and that just makes me giggle.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Unless they have adrenaline vile which basically removes his ability to turn to give him a moderately increased flick

• M1Trapper
    M1Trapper Member Posts: 27

I had couple of games were pc Oni and blight turned almost 360 degrees, it wasn’t full 360 but it was for sure around 280 - 300 degree turn. How much I know and when I play Oni it’s a 45 degree turn and if I hold the attack button with Oni it can go 90 degrees.

I’m not putting every Pc player in the same pot but the entire internet is infested with hackers and cheaters and than you have Dbd were apparently ppl never saw a hacker in 10k hours and than there is those killers without any tracking perks but magically know exactly behind which tree, corner or locker blendettes are and everyone else in the match and they all have the exact same speech,” I never heard of hacks, what is that even or I just got a good tv and head set.” It’s 2021 and poor fellas are just playing for fun and never heard of the word hacking, how dare someone accuse them.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Holy crap. That's an scary blight player, hope I don't ever have to go against him.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I don't know, but get ready for Blight players pulling a reverse lethal rush into Quentin hiding in a corner.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni

He's one of the best blight players out there and i'm insanely sad that you can't play blight even remotely like that on console :(

• Zozzy

Looks like he is using the "snipe" button on that mouse to increase his ads when flicking...

• Zozzy
    edited March 2021

This is exactly how he is doing it lol he rebound dpi shift to the side button and presses it when he wants to do a sharp turn. I have the g502 (same mouse but wired) and the dpi goes to 12000 when i press it and voila 180 flick... They need to patch that out.

Post edited by Zozzy on
  • Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

That's like saying Billy flicks and Curves shouldn't exist in the game with the bad hitboxes as it stands, =D

• Zozzy

They removed the billy flick and hard capped his curve to 90 degrees.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

nah you just break your wrist on your normal sensitivity, 90% of the time it works everytime

• Zozzy

The logitech mouse the guy is using has a dpi shift function. At 2500 dpi and 100+ in game sensitivity i could not do the flick rebound the dpi shift on that mouse and instant 180 flick.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,475

Well the question is how are you flicking because there is a technique to it, its not just after pressing m1 you flick there are 3 parts to it

Step 1 Preflick, during the rush preflick so the camera is facing the wall but be ready to m1 before you bump

Step 2 Attack/Main Flick

Step 3 carry momentum and make small adjustments

Most people only think to do step 2 and 3 but without step 1 you can't 180 flick

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Nah it's pretty easy. You set a button to shift your DPI then quickly move your mouse and lunge. There's nothing else to it.