Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ps5 can't play with PS4 properly.

Rorplup
Rorplup Member Posts: 13

Hi guys. I got a PS5 and am trying to play with my friend from PS4. The problem is, on the PS5 version he isn't showing up on my friends list.

I can search for him on the search function and it says invite. When I click his name there, it says friend but he doesn't show up anywhere.

He can't accept my invites. I can invite him but I am made to play the ps4 version.

Saying that, last night whenever I was in the lobby with him on the ps4 version, he couldn't see me.

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

You need crossplay on. Next gen are considered a separate platform from previous gen.

• boomerjmoore
    boomerjmoore Member Posts: 2

I've been looking all over to see if there is a solution to this but there aren't any. I play on ps5 and my gf just started a ps account on my old ps4 pro. She shows up fine but none of my older friends do. I added my friends son and he shows up. For some odd reason old friends don't show up on the ps5 and it forces me to have to play the ps4 version on my ps5. Hopefully this is a bug that can be fixed.

• Gavin74426
    Gavin74426 Member Posts: 1

I am also having the same problem! About half of my friends say that I have an outgoing friend request to them. There isn't any way to cancel the friend request as well to try and readd them to see if that fixes the problem. I did find with my good friend that I play with a lot had the same problem and so on the ps5 I manually went to her profile and invited her there and when she joined she was on my friends list again. I haven't tried this with my other friends though.

• boomerjmoore
    boomerjmoore Member Posts: 2

I will have to try the manual invite then. If that's the only solution this is going to get annoying lol I've never invited anybody to any game I've ever played via that method.

• Rorplup

I must have done the invite from the profile as I couldn’t invite him in game. He says that whenever I send him an invite, he gets told to go to the PlayStation store. Now I remember on my PS4, I had two Dead by Daylight icons (before I even got my PS5) but he says he doesn’t even have that.

• Rorplup

To get my friend back on my DBD friends list, I had to delete him from my PlayStation list then re add him again.

• DarkRicochet117
    DarkRicochet117 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2021

Thanks for the info everyone, and finally got it to work after deleting all my friends and re-adding them.