Is oni op?

HuDawg
HuDawg Member Posts: 312

Is the oni really that op or nah?

Comments

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

The latter, "nah"

He's very loopable, literally an m1 killer with flash until he gets his power, then he's a killer that runs fast and instadowns you once he has his power

• BitingSea
    BitingSea Member Posts: 332

Not really, he's mid A tier and becomes high A tier if he equips Scaled Topknot, though now that he has to compete with Blight there is a pretty tough pick between which one of the two is better, but they are not OP at all. Out of most high tier killers, I'd say they're the most solid and balanced, Oni is powerful, but not overpowered

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Only with scalped topknot otherwise very balanced

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

he's like old billy but louder

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

He's the main "Feast or Famine" killer.

If you can deny him a early hit by throwing pallets early you can almost always win against him.

However if he gets a down before he gets his power he's going to snowball the match pretty hard.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

When he uses TOPKNOT he is indeed OP. if he is not he is "KINDA" managable.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Not at all.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I honestly think he is with certain add-ons. Very hard to counter Oni when he has Topknot and Akito's Crutch.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,224

With Scalped Topknot, yes.

With any other addons, no.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

He's poop 💩

Play the early game safe, drop pallets early, have your team rush gens, gg ez baby oni he'll probably have about 2 minutes to make use of his power if/when he gets it or its game over for him.

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399

Very strong, yes, but not overpowered.

(Unless he has topknot. Topknot Oni is very much op)

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Strong but not OP a well designed killer.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Apparently some people think so. I tried Oni for the first time last night and two out of 4 players disconnected on me at last hook. lol

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

He's pretty fun to play against too, at least imo. I'd much rather face an Oni than like 75% of the other killers in this game. Oni matches are usually pretty fast-paced if they're good, constant pressure and back-and-forth and both sides able to capitalise on mistakes.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Oni isn't OP, he is pretty balanced out actually

Arguably one of the strongest powers yes but without it he has nothing

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

No, not even close to being op.

He's fun but you got to be good with those flicks.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

boring slugging killer/10 wouldnt call him op though

sadly everyone runs topknot which is.... yeah

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226

Not really. The "starve him of hits thing" is kind of overblown though. I've had games against Russian teams where I didn't hit anyone until 4 gens were done and still managed a 3k. Oni is a monster in a 3 gen situation.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

Oni is actually fairly weak. The issue comes when players either don't know his counterplay, or can't perform it. The counterplay is fairly simple: don't get hit. At the beginning of the game, play incredibly safe, do everything you can not to get injured. Don't greed pallets, go for risky plays, etc. A good team can regularly deny an oni his power until 2 gens left. This doesn't the person playing oni is bad, just that they are limited by basic m1 chase mechanics, which are very weak if played properly by the survivor. If one survivor can give a 90 second chase, it is very possible that 3 gens pop through split pressure. Now once Oni has his power, it is difficult not to get downed, but not impossible. He can't effectively use his power around small tiles, so use them to your advantage. Stay as split up as possible while he is in Blood Fury, as this will limit the value he gets.

When played against properly, Oni is actually fairly weak. That being said, he absolutely stomps solo q most of the time given that players aren't too great at countering him.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

He's really fun for both sides. A bit difficult to play on console at times. I love the adrenaline of being chased by him though.