The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Camping and tunneling, any fixes or bans?

Comments

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Camping is a good strategy against SWF especially, therefore camping will never get punished because it combats SWF that almost killed the game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Sandman1053 said:
    Is camping and tunneling broken? Is it ACTUALLY a strategy. Yes it is and no it isn't. I am a prior enlisted Marine, and I know a thing or 2 about strategies. Putting someone on a hook and standing over them instead of going out and hunting down survivors is NOT a strategy but pure laziness and nothing more. It is causing many people to either log out and even uninstall. This is a MATURE rated game and should be played that way instead of playing like 5yr olds and calling it strategy. Camping and tunneling should, in my opinion, be a reportable offence as it is killing the game for many people. The more people get frustrated with this the more people will leave making the game die itself. That is something NO ONE should be fighting for. If people would grow up and use ACTUAL tactics to FIND survivors, the game would be more enjoyable for ALL.

Tunneling gens is ok though I guess? :wink:

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Nope

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Master said:

@Sandman1053 said:
    Is camping and tunneling broken? Is it ACTUALLY a strategy. Yes it is and no it isn't. I am a prior enlisted Marine, and I know a thing or 2 about strategies. Putting someone on a hook and standing over them instead of going out and hunting down survivors is NOT a strategy but pure laziness and nothing more. It is causing many people to either log out and even uninstall. This is a MATURE rated game and should be played that way instead of playing like 5yr olds and calling it strategy. Camping and tunneling should, in my opinion, be a reportable offence as it is killing the game for many people. The more people get frustrated with this the more people will leave making the game die itself. That is something NO ONE should be fighting for. If people would grow up and use ACTUAL tactics to FIND survivors, the game would be more enjoyable for ALL.

Tunneling gens is ok though I guess? :wink:

I disagree. Git gud and don't get caught then camping won't be an issue and neither will tunneling
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Every survivor main:
    Camping and tunneling is unfair... mimimi.
    This translates as: I want free unhooks and extra chances upon extra chances. I want to heal up uninterrupted. I want my 3 <3 like in Super Mario.

But:
    Gen rush is "doing the survivors only objective".
    Looping is "needed to survive"
    And Noed is unfair, because "survivor shouldn't be forced to do totems".

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Wolf74 said:
    Every survivor main:
    Camping and tunneling is unfair... mimimi.
    This translates as: I want free unhooks and extra chances upon extra chances. I want to heal up uninterrupted. I want my 3 <3 like in Super Mario.

But:
    Gen rush is "doing the survivors only objective".
    Looping is "needed to survive"
    And Noed is unfair, because "survivor shouldn't be forced to do totems".

survivor logic...

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    edited November 2018
    Pallets and windows. If you’re being tunneled 9/10 times it’s because you’re T-bagging and provoking the damn killer. 

You survivor mains sound like this:”I kicked a grizzly bear in his party balloon and he won’t stop chasing me, even for my BBQ sauce covered friends with picnic baskets.  Why isn’t he going after the others? I can’t figure out why he only wants me please SoMEonE HeLp.”

You kick a bear in the dick, he’s gunna make sure you die.  One more nerf to killers and I’m uninstalling. I’m not playing a game to get pissed off. I’ll play something that oh, you know, DELIVERS ON ITS TITLE AS AN ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT. 

Don’t like difficulty? Don’t play online games. There will always be grit and dirt plays in online games. Humans are competitive by nature. Trust me you’re only going to piss people off with this post. 

• Sandman1053
    Sandman1053 Member Posts: 16
    So by killer main logic. Survivors aren't supposed to do gens to open the exit so you all can have easier games? Not only is camping/tunneling broken, but so is your backwards logic.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@Sandman1053 said:
    So by killer main logic. Survivors aren't supposed to do gens to open the exit so you all can have easier games? Not only is camping/tunneling broken, but so is your backwards logic.

Can we consider there's a difference between a more fun pace, and people trying to get all the gens done in under 5 minutes?
    3-4 gens done by the time the pro-decoy is done being chased for the first time?

Gen rush is about as fun, and profitable for the killer as a survivor getting face camped to death on the first hook.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    This thread is silly.

Grand slams in baseball are broken

QB sacks in the NFL are broken

Pallet loops are broken.

Queens in chess are broken (we only get ONE!?). So are pawns (so underpowered and underrated!)

My wife insisting that we see every Disney movie in theaters is broken.

I agree that this game isn't perfect and it need s to adapt to survive (otherwise other, better ones will come along), but If integral parts of a game you play are so lopsided you consider them "broken"...maybe this game isn't for you.
  • Sandman1053
    Doing gens is a survivor MUST as they way the game is designed. And I say yet again, camping/tunneling is a CHOICE. I will also say yet AGAIN, there are plenty killer mains who do NOT camp/tunnel who win plenty of matches proving that camping/tunneling is NOT a must but, again a choice. Kellwrs also have the ability to see ALL the hooks ALL the time. Big advantage. You all keep saying that survivors are whining when asking for fair play. If that's the case, then you all need to step back, take a look at the advantages you all have and stop the whining. No where in the games design is it a must to camp/tunnel to advance the game. However, if survivors don't do gens, the exit does not open and survivors don't survive. So you all must expect us to just stand there and wait to die?

I have seen and spoken to many killer mains who strongly disagree with camping/tunneling. Why? 1) not fair play and 2) they get more bloodpoints and xp actually playing the game.

Of course gens will pop faster when you're busy staring at someone on a hook instead of going out and getting someone else. 

And this BS of killer mains only do it if you taunt them? I just played a match where the killer started a few steps away and did this crap. No time for taunting or anything.

It's actually simple. People see it easier to sit and camp and tunnel than actually putting in some work and hunt. That, regardless of how you try to rationalize it is taking the easy way out and blaming it on the survivors. Kinda like the stuff my son did when he was 5.

Grow up and learn some actual tactics. I would really hate to see DBD die due to some lazy killers who are chasing lots of people from playing.

Plain and simple... Killer are supposed to hunt down and kill the survivors. Survivors are supposed to repair gens to open the exit to survive. Stop blaming survivors for doing what they are SUPPOSED to do and actually do what killers are SUPPOSED to do. If hunting and killing survivors is too hard there are 2 choices. 1) Play KyF for a while to practice or 2) Stop playing a killer.

Yeah I know, you're gonna say we survivors have the same choice. Trouble is, we're the one ACTUALLY doing what we're supposed to as the game was designed in the first place.

• Sandman1053

@Sandman1053 said:

Can we consider there's a difference between a more fun pace, and people trying to get all the gens done in under 5 minutes?
    3-4 gens done by the time the pro-decoy is done being chased for the first time?

Gen rush is about as fun, and profitable for the killer as a survivor getting face camped to death on the first hook.

Yes, that logic I understand. Survivors need to spend more time looking out for each other as well ie. healing, unhooking etc. However, when a killer is face camping it is almost impossible to free them without one or both getting hit. Which is why many survivors die on their first hook. When a survivor sees a killer face camping that survivor is usually left to die. And believe me, as a survivor main I do know there are some noob survivors out there. But, foul play does not justify foul play. That's MY point.

If, in a match, survivors are playing correctly. Searching for totems, doing gens, healing, unhooking, etc. etc. Then why are we still seeing camping/tunneling in those games. I am a firm believer that an idiot survivor ets what he deserves. But, I am talking about killers that play this way as their ONLY "tactic."
  • Rebel_Raven
    edited November 2018

@Sandman1053 said:
    Doing gens is a survivor MUST as they way the game is designed. And I say yet again, camping/tunneling is a CHOICE. I will also say yet AGAIN, there are plenty killer mains who do NOT camp/tunnel who win plenty of matches proving that camping/tunneling is NOT a must but, again a choice. Kellwrs also have the ability to see ALL the hooks ALL the time. Big advantage. You all keep saying that survivors are whining when asking for fair play. If that's the case, then you all need to step back, take a look at the advantages you all have and stop the whining. No where in the games design is it a must to camp/tunnel to advance the game. However, if survivors don't do gens, the exit does not open and survivors don't survive. So you all must expect us to just stand there and wait to die?

I have seen and spoken to many killer mains who strongly disagree with camping/tunneling. Why? 1) not fair play and 2) they get more bloodpoints and xp actually playing the game.

Of course gens will pop faster when you're busy staring at someone on a hook instead of going out and getting someone else. 

And this BS of killer mains only do it if you taunt them? I just played a match where the killer started a few steps away and did this crap. No time for taunting or anything.

It's actually simple. People see it easier to sit and camp and tunnel than actually putting in some work and hunt. That, regardless of how you try to rationalize it is taking the easy way out and blaming it on the survivors. Kinda like the stuff my son did when he was 5.

Grow up and learn some actual tactics. I would really hate to see DBD die due to some lazy killers who are chasing lots of people from playing.

Plain and simple... Killer are supposed to hunt down and kill the survivors. Survivors are supposed to repair gens to open the exit to survive. Stop blaming survivors for doing what they are SUPPOSED to do and actually do what killers are SUPPOSED to do. If hunting and killing survivors is too hard there are 2 choices. 1) Play KyF for a while to practice or 2) Stop playing a killer.

Yeah I know, you're gonna say we survivors have the same choice. Trouble is, we're the one ACTUALLY doing what we're supposed to as the game was designed in the first place.

Honestly, I don't camp unless you're obnoxious, or too much trouble to keep alive, if not both. There seems to be a lot of survivors punching down, and staying in lower ranks.

I might patrol the vicinity inadvertently, but unless you've deemed it wise to be a party pooper, you're not getting face camped.

Oh, and if you're genrushing and I'm securing the kill, I'll camp. I'll even face camp. Your homies didn't leave any way to pressure me away from securing the kill, so you're my only objective. You're worth more points than everyone escaping. Oh, and you wrecked my fun in a decently long game full of numerous hookings, chases, maybe a sacrifice, or two because I only had time to chase and hook someone, realistically.

I'll blame survivors for sucking the fun out of being a killer. Even willfully, and gleefully deciding the killer should be miserable.
    SWFs for abusing communications.
    Loop abuse.
    Just generally being toxic.

All towards the end goal of genrushing, and trying to get as close to a 5 minute game as possible, or being obnoxious, or bullying a killer ranks below where you should be?

Oh, I know killers will face camp for the hell of it.
    I have been on the receiving end if it, and probably tunneling, too, but I will not pretend survivors can do no wrong.
    They can do a lot to set the pace, and mood of the trial.

Edit: Typed this while you replied to me.

Yes, that logic I understand. Survivors need to spend more time looking out for each other as well ie. healing, unhooking etc. However, when a killer is face camping it is almost impossible to free them without one or both getting hit. Which is why many survivors die on their first hook. When a survivor sees a killer face camping that survivor is usually left to die. And believe me, as a survivor main I do know there are some noob survivors out there. But, foul play does not justify foul play. That's MY point.

If, in a match, survivors are playing correctly. Searching for totems, doing gens, healing, unhooking, etc. etc. Then why are we still seeing camping/tunneling in those games. I am a firm believer that an idiot survivor ets what he deserves. But, I am talking about killers that play this way as their ONLY "tactic."

Because the killers could be dicks, or want to rank up because it's impressive, etc. I won't pretend killers are angels.

They might have met with a lot of foul play (And there's a ton of it on ps4 in low ranks. SWFs, unusually good people, etc.) and are taking it out on others because lets face it, survivors don't care about the killer by and large.
    They'll gate camp, teabag, and do other toxic crap.

Foul play begets foul play. And it comes from both sides and ticks people off into it, killers and survivors both.

But yeah, if the match is going on at a decent pace, hard camping sucks.
    The only reason I can see it being sought after so readily is forcing the game to change pace. There is a gamble to it that will hopefully die out. After all, 3 survivors are easier to beat than 4. They can't do anything as fast. Either they have done a lot of gens, or the game has gotten WAY easier.

• Sandman1053

@Sandman1053 said

Honestly, I don't camp unless you're obnoxious, or too much trouble to keep alive, if not both. There seems to be a lot of survivors punching down, and staying in lower ranks.

I might patrol the vicinity inadvertently, but unless you've deemed it wise to be a party pooper, you're not getting face camped.

Oh, and if you're genrushing and I'm securing the kill, I'll camp. I'll even face camp. Your homies didn't leave any way to pressure me away from securing the kill, so you're my only objective. You're worth more points than everyone escaping. Oh, and you wrecked my fun in a decently long game full of numerous hookings, chases, maybe a sacrifice, or two because I only had time to chase and hook someone, realistically.

I'll blame survivors for sucking the fun out of being a killer. Even willfully, and gleefully deciding the killer should be miserable.
    Loop abuse.

All towards the end goal of genrushing, and trying to get as close to a 5 minute game as possible, or being obnoxious, or bullying a killer ranks below where you should be?

I have been on the receiving end if it, and probably tunneling, too, but I will not pretend survivors can do no wrong.

And that's fine. I have no problem with that. I know there are brain dead survivors and I have no problem with idiots getting what they ask for. My only problem is the killers who use these as their only "tactic."
  • Rebel_Raven

@Sandman1053 said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

@Sandman1053 said

Loop abuse.

And that's fine. I have no problem with that. I know there are brain dead survivors and I have no problem with idiots getting what they ask for. My only problem is the killers who use these as their only "tactic."

Yeah, the only reason I can see the tactic adopted is because it creates chaos.

Honed survivors will just do gens, and maybe paint the killer into a corner where they're inclined to camp to secure a kill.

But all too often they won't do gens.
    Either because they're looking for gens, in a panic, trying to get rid of ruin, or who knows what else, generally dooming themselves because they aren't pressuring the killer to leave the hook or trying to do a rescue.
    3 people doing 5 gens slows the game down a lot. 2 people doing 5 gens is a huge burden.
    Then it's one, and hopefully there's a hatch play.
    Some youtube vid mentioned the tactic. I almost adopted it. It can work.

Then there's the overly altrustic sorts that reward camping.

I think the biggest issue is campers don't always read the flow of the trial well. Are they going to get punished, or rewarded for camping?

• Sandman1053
    I am all for longer games. Longer games equal more points for ALL if played well. I am only speaking about those who do this BS as their ONLY "tactic." All that shows is a lack of skill. All should be looking to draw the game out. ALL should be using ACTUAL tactics to get the job done. It doesn't bother me to leave a gen to take a hit for someone, heal someone or just plain get out of dodge because the killer is getting a little too close. And honestly, I usually make a quick lap around the map before I do anything just in case, and I've seen it, someone gets hit quick because they spawn steps away from the killer. As I said in my first post, I served in the Marines, so yes I know tactics. I also know someone dealing out what's coming to someone as well as pure laziness. It's the lazy I speak of. It's the ones that camp/tunnel for no other reason than it's easy kills. It's to them I say stop playing like a 5yr old and learn some TRUE tactics. If someone is deserving of it, fine. Payback is payback. But, when it's done from beginning to end of game to every player, that is NOT tactic OR payback. That is just plain lazy, childish and uncalled for.

So yes, I agree survivors need to slow down and play the game. But, any GOOD killer would also admit that unnecessary camping/tunneling is wrong.
  • Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237
    edited November 2018

My issue is that survivors will accuse you of camping and tunneling even if you aren't. When I first started this game, camping and tunneling was the only thing I knew how to do to get kills. It's pretty normal for new players to go through that phase, but I still got so much grief for it. "You're rank 15 for a reason, trash #########" etc. etc. Now, at rank one, nothing has changed. You can play exactly how they want for 95% of the game but if you tunnel down the death hook survivor who had the misfortune of popping up, you'll be called boosted and told that you're insecure about your ability to get kills because you tunneled.

The issue with punishing camping and tunneling is because there are going to be situations in which those two strategies are going to be the most effective ways of victory. Punishing them can potentially punish the killer for playing the best hand that he/she has available.

• Sandman1053
    I am all for longer games. Longer games equal more points for ALL if played well. I am only speaking about those who do this BS as their ONLY "tactic." All that shows is a lack of skill. All should be looking to draw the game out. ALL should be using ACTUAL tactics to get the job done. It doesn't bother me to leave a gen to take a hit for someone, heal someone or just plain get out of dodge because the killer is getting a little too close. And honestly, I usually make a quick lap around the map before I do anything just in case, and I've seen it, someone gets hit quick because they spawn steps away from the killer. As I said in my first post, I served in the Marines, so yes I know tactics. I also know someone dealing out what's coming to someone as well as pure laziness. It's the lazy I speak of. It's the ones that camp/tunnel for no other reason than it's easy kills. It's to them I say stop playing like a 5yr old and learn some TRUE tactics. If someone is deserving of it, fine. Payback is payback. But, when it's done from beginning to end of game to every player, that is NOT tactic OR payback. That is just plain lazy, childish and uncalled for.

So yes, I agree survivors need to slow down and play the game. But, any GOOD killer would also admit that unnecessary camping/tunneling is wrong.
    Low level is understandable, thet're learning or should be. The best hand given? I disagree. If that were the case there would be NO killers playing correctly. ALL killers would be doing it for lack od choice. However, camping/tunneling IS a choice after a point. Once you have progressed so far the only reasoning for it would be a lack of an understanding of tactics or being too lazy to use them. I can say this factually being there ARE many killers who CHOOSE not to do this. If a survivor is doing dumb stuff to purposely mess with the killer than by all means teach them a lesson. But to do this to all players in every game is just lazy nonsense. And as I stated earlier, I agree that there ARE survivors who deserve it at times. I also agreed that survivors need to slow down, stop the gen rushing and play the game. Earn the bloodpoints. But in the same sence, killers need to stop the unnecessary camping/tunneling and so the same, play the game and get the bloodpoints.

As I have said multiple times so far, if it's deserved fine. But, doing it from start to finish is unnecessary and uncalled for.

Use actual tactics and play the game. We ALL should ve trying to enjoy the true play of the game as well as making sure that those who are playing the game legitimately also enjoy the game.

I am fully aware that the gen rush kills the game quality for killers. But those of us that DON'T gen rush, are NOT enjoying the game when these are being done straight away. 

Is it easy to tell what games the gen rush will happen? No. But, not giving killers/survivors (yes I am putting us all out there) a chance from get go is BS. 

I in no way, as I've said, agree with the gen rush. I disagree with it as much as I do camping/tunneling. And as long as EITHER side keeps defending their action as right than people from both sides will keep leaving and DBD will die. 
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    People love punish others for the dumbest reasons.

Incentives people to leave the hook with better maps design and more fun in chases, more fun to be stealthy and outplay potential in both sides.

You know who incentives camping and tunneling? Survivors

Over altruistic people make this strategy work, who gives up in the first hook killing themselves make this strategy work. Why change It if it works?

You go for the save, there is the killer looking to Dwight's pretty eyes on the hook? Go do a gen, totems etc

Gates are open? Try to distract him while another one do the save, etc etc

Stop these threqds asking for punishments when you make these strategy work. If you want to have free escape at least be honest and say it. You wanna do a greedy save? Use BT don't rely on invincible frames that devs might give you (ty for removing that bs)

Anyone play differently, I play solo and as egoistic survivor, rarely save unless I'm sure 100% he's far away, when I get caught I already see it as a loser since I won't rely on my mates.

With this mindset I've improve as survivor, instead of making killers look like the bad guys, what about think before acting? No greedy saves, learn how to lose the killer, when to save etc etc

The game need a lot of fixes but this one should be the last of the list, its not an issue but the consequence of other issues
  • Sandman1053
    Malakir said:

Incentives people to leave the hook with better maps design and more fun in chases, more fun to be stealthy and outplay potential in both sides.

Over altruistic people make this strategy work, who gives up in the first hook killing themselves make this strategy work. Why change It if it works?

You go for the save, there is the killer looking to Dwight's pretty eyes on the hook? Go do a gen, totems etc

Stop these threqds asking for punishments when you make these strategy work. If you want to have free escape at least be honest and say it. You wanna do a greedy save? Use BT don't rely on invincible frames that devs might give you (ty for removing that bs)

Anyone play differently, I play solo and as egoistic survivor, rarely save unless I'm sure 100% he's far away, when I get caught I already see it as a loser since I won't rely on my mates.

With this mindset I've improve as survivor, instead of making killers look like the bad guys, what about think before acting? No greedy saves, learn how to lose the killer, when to save etc etc

The game need a lot of fixes but this one should be the last of the list, its not an issue but the consequence of other issues

Malakir said:

Ok, that's just a lame excuse. That would be as sad as me saying killers are the reason the gen rush works. No, camping unless warranted, is simply lazy and uncalled for. The gen rush is a waste of a game. Neither gets the bloodpoints. Drawing out the game, hunting and hooking survivors, unhooking and healing, chases THOSE get you the bloodpoints. If a survivor is being a prick purposely taunting or whatever, yes he/she deserves it. But save it for them. Lets draw out the game and earn the bloodpoints. It's basic knowledge for both sides or should be at least. The longer the ame the more bloodpoints earned. 

I have yet tried to piss off any killer, but have been camped/tunneled many times. I hate flashlights or anything other than med kits and tool boxes, so that reasoning is out too. So, other than pure lack of actual tactics there wad no reasoning for it and this is what's killing the game for many people. Just as the stupid gen rush is for killers.

So I guess I'll say it AGAIN. Play the game, learn some true tactics and get the bloodpoints.
  • TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71

There is one more thing - how did you get the idea that every game has to be "sportsmanlike"? Sometimes I begin the game only to piss some ppl off, there's no ethic here! xD And while camping is a real bad for the game as a whole (and unless justified will get low score for the Killer, so it's already fixed as it should be), tunneling at the beginning of the game is the best way to shift the odds in Killer's favor. You get killed, go play next game, I've already seen lots of survivors staying untill the end just to throw some "tunneler" titles at me, well yeah, keep them coming, I just don't get why anyone would waste time having the possibility to go to next game.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

It depends entirley on what Rank I am playing at, and how competent the Survivors are. I deranked to deal with wait times during the event, and am still at Rank 10. In games today I can absolutely not tunnel and defintley avoid camping, because the Survivors are making a lot of mistakes, and generally play poorly.

At R1 or against survivors that have good co-ordination, and getting a 4k was the most important thing to me. (It's not now, the novelty has worn off a bit.) Then you are forced to tunnel to win, but against potatoes, you can concentrate on 2 hooking everyone before you start killing.

• Wolf74

This is getting to new all time lows…
    Asking for BANS for "camping" and "tunneling"?
    Can anybody be serious about this?
    Can you imagine how often I got called a camper or tunneler without doing it in that match?
    Not that I won't, but sometimes it si just always the same stupid survivor running into me over and over again, so I hook him 3 times in a row.
    So you want to force killer to play stupid and give free unhooks and let everyone heal up?

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@Vert3x said:
    Tunneling and camping have always been debated but they start deserving a little more attention now that survivors got nerfed in everything and that we would be given limits even in taking a #########.

It's time to give some importance to the harsh experiences that survivors have in this game as well as it's been given to those that the killer had, and one of these is to deal with tunnelers and campers; not one good killer main needs that, many of them disagree with that play style and it's in general really unfair and unfun.

Not once you could say that it's fun to get camped or tunneled, and you don't want the game to be unfun for neither one of the sides, don't you, Behav10ur?

Survivors used to be hard to be gotten on their first hook, so, to a limited extent, camping was even justifiable; but now being hooked is something that has to happen by force at least once during your game unless you're playing immersed or the killer is playing his first game on Dead by Daylight, and thus the killers shouldn't be granted the possibility to play unfair against you in the moments when you're most vulnerable and when you can't do anything at all.

If I was to play with a Survive With Friends team, not only I would have an easier chance with some teamplay to escape the tunneling/camping, but I'd also understand why the killer would do that, because he's having a hard time too in doing anything against us and he might be inexperienced and feel the necessity to play somewhat unfair.

But now we're coming down to the point why I'm writing this post: I can't conceive dying to this unfair play style when I'm playing solo, I'm not using any "crutch" perk or addon and I'm not teasing the killer in any way at all. This just can't happen and be all normal, especially if I'm on rank 1, killers that play like scumbags shouldn't reach any rank higher than 15, and that's it.

Do you want this not to be bannable? Don't make it bannable, it's fine, but prevent it to the fullest from happening, give the killer some huge debuffs if he tries to hit the just unhooked survivor as well as giving no damage to the survivor himself, freeze him if he stands around the hook for too long, don't let this ######### happen anymore, these are just ideas:
    it's the end of 2018 and if there's one toxic and lame strategy (which you bhvr guys loved to call "legitimate" and "valid") that ruined the game since its beginning and that probably caused many players to quit it from the gold time that it had in 2016, that is the killer sitting around your hook once he's done catching you with you not having half a chance to escape from that.

It's just time to either provide any valid motivation (not as valid as you claim that camping is as a strategy, since it isn't) why you wouldn't want to touch this in any direct way, or to actually abruptly apply some drastic changes to the hook context.

Now, I did vent some anger in this post since I'm really tired of dealing with this and even though I've got 1200hrs in the game I'm disabled from doing anything against it, but I really am convinced about what I said here, those are just 100% no-fun strategies, you don't want to keep them in the game, not one decent person in the community is glad of it being a thing, some just take it but nobody would disagree with it being gotten rid of.

I dont think you understand that most of the changes to survivors werent supposed to be nerfs, instead fixes for killers to not quit the game.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    @Vert3x

They already gave you invincibly frames right off the hook. They already put a penalty on Killer’s chaser emblem for legit camping. You have Borrowed Time. How much more ######### could you ask for? Seriously?

Here’s something : Where’s the punishment for Survivors camping and tunneling Gens? Why don’t they get punished for not screwing around, and just popping a squat and M1 on a Gen? Why don’t they get punished for going after the Gen that’s 50% or more complete, instead of going after a Gen that’s got zero progress? I literally just kicked that Gen, come on, walk away and give it some time to regress for free. Just like you want me to walk away and give you time to get off the hook and heal for free.
    Not only that what about penalties for the survivor main jerks who once the gate is open they still hang around the map teabagging the killer or the worst point is when they spend about 10 minutes teabagging at the exits and when you hit they disappear. Or what about when survivor mains decide to run around th map making all the noise possible to get the killere attention when they are the only ones left and hatch is available. The hatch teabagging and standoff as well.
  • friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@douggie123 said:
    SovererignKing said:

@Vert3x

They already gave you invincibly frames right off the hook. They already put a penalty on Killer’s chaser emblem for legit camping. You have Borrowed Time. How much more ######### could you ask for? Seriously?

Here’s something : Where’s the punishment for Survivors camping and tunneling Gens? Why don’t they get punished for not screwing around, and just popping a squat and M1 on a Gen? Why don’t they get punished for going after the Gen that’s 50% or more complete, instead of going after a Gen that’s got zero progress? I literally just kicked that Gen, come on, walk away and give it some time to regress for free. Just like you want me to walk away and give you time to get off the hook and heal for free.

Not only that what about penalties for the survivor main jerks who once the gate is open they still hang around the map teabagging the killer or the worst point is when they spend about 10 minutes teabagging at the exits and when you hit they disappear. Or what about when survivor mains decide to run around th map making all the noise possible to get the killere attention when they are the only ones left and hatch is available. The hatch teabagging and standoff as well.

yeah before they even think about touching survivors in terms of buffs they need to fix these issues and fix gen times because right now killers are still not the power role

• Sandman1053

@douggie123 said:
    SovererignKing said:

@Vert3x

yeah before they even think about touching survivors in terms of buffs they need to fix these issues and fix gen times because right now killers are still not the power role

I agree that playing a killer is MUCH harder than it is for survivors. I am simply saying that face camping and tunneling for no reason isn't the answer.
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Chrona said:
    In a word, no.

Camping is literally an intregal part and even an advertised strategy for this game

@Chrona said:
    In a word, no.

Camping is literally an intregal part and even an advertised strategy for this game

100% false otherwise they wouldn't have implemented that you lose rank points for camping.

It should be blood points that you lose though and actually tell them on screen since most tardo campers don't even look at the pip screen data.

• purebalance

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    Can we get the doctor picture in here. Someone doesn't understand rule one of playing online games

Yeah we need git gud for the shitter campers.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@mcNuggets said:

I dont think you understand that most of the changes to survivors werent supposed to be nerfs, instead fixes for killers to not quit the game.

^^^^^^
    This.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I think the best option is to provide better incentives so the average player isn't tempted. I've said this in other posts,  you can apply as many punishments as you like but this is not going to stop the people who do it for their enjoyment. Salt miners do not care about points and anything short of just Banning them has no impact on the way they're going to play. Now I am not saying that it should be bannable, what I'm suggesting is there need to be better reasons not to. I have no love for camping, but tunneling walks a very fine line between a found Target and locking on to a specific player until they're dead. So many times I've come across the Survivor that just got unhooked because they're playing poorly. Sometimes I leave them other times it's best to just get them out of the way. In any case, eliminating a survivor quickly is a killer's best option for map control. 
  • Sandman1053
    Giche said:

@mcNuggets said:

^^^^^^
    This.

That is true. Sadly, now it's certain killers making survivors want to quit the game.
  • Wolf74

@purebalance said:

@Chrona said:
    In a word, no.

@Chrona said:
    In a word, no.

100% false otherwise they wouldn't have implemented that you lose rank points for camping.

It should be blood points that you lose though and actually tell them on screen since most tardo campers don't even look at the pip screen data.

Nope, YOU are false here. It was always an intended feature in the game. Check out the early dev streams for prove.
    The only reason the Devs caved in and started giving penalties to killer for camping is because the crybaby survivor complains.
    It's just survivor trying to get free unhooks, just like you.
    The day killer lose bloodpoints for camping, killer wills top playing completely and leave you in your lobbies forever.
    How about survivor lose bloodpoints for "camping gens"?
    Would that sound fair?

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@Chrona said:
    In a word, no.

@Chrona said:
    In a word, no.

Sorry, couldn't hear you over the sound of my rank continiously going up despite me not changing how I play (including camping).

And if they make it so you outright can't camp, and are actively punished for it, THAT will actually cause the game to die
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

I main Amanda, and I believe there should be a much harsher punishment for camping killers. I can camp, crouched in a corner waiting for someone to pass by, because you know....no terror radius, but I don't. NOW, I can't do anything about tunneling, I chase who I see, I'm sorry if it's the person I just hooked and you have a trap on your head, but hey...I saw you first.

This % drop when you're close to hooked survivor isn't enough.
    My name is Rene and Vote on Prop 9. Harsher Punishment for camping killers.

:D

• KatFever78
    KatFever78 Member Posts: 26
    So, here are my thoughts. I don't care if killers camp if the survivor deserves it. However, I have never taunted a killer so I feel it's ridiculous to camp me. And I NEVER use flashlights. 
    I do have a serious question about gens; if I start out right next to one am I not supposed to work on it or should I walk around a bit?
    Also, please stop spawning me 2 steps away from the killer! 😂
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

It's kind of hard to see how powerful survivors can be when you are playing with randoms, but there's so much strength in numbers. Almost any survivor would change their mind about tunneling/camping being unfair if they played a killer to rank 5 or so. Play one to rank 1 to really drive the point home.

Without tunneling we would have to cycle each player, and considering that the average match above rank 10 has 1-3 gens done by the time the first person is downed, there would be almost no way to win the game for the killer.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Wolf74 said:

@purebalance said:

@Chrona said:
    In a word, no.

@Chrona said:
    In a word, no.

Nope, YOU are false here. It was always an intended feature in the game. Check out the early dev streams for prove.
    The only reason the Devs caved in and started giving penalties to killer for camping is because the crybaby survivor complains.
    It's just survivor trying to get free unhooks, just like you.
    The day killer lose bloodpoints for camping, killers will stop playing completely and leave you in your lobbies forever.
    How about survivor lose bloodpoints for "camping gens"?
    Would that sound fair?

Careful with proven facts and logic around these parts... It tends to upset people. 
  • KatFever78
    KatFever78 Member Posts: 26
    apropos said:

It's kind of hard to see how powerful survivors can be when you are playing with randoms, but there's so much strength in numbers. Almost any survivor would change their mind about tunneling/camping being unfair if they played a killer to rank 5 or so. Play one to rank 1 to really drive the point home.

Without tunneling we would have to cycle each player, and considering that the average match above rank 10 has 1-3 gens done by the time the first person is downed, there would be almost no way to win the game for the killer.

I understand your point  My husband and I have just started going from generator to generator and spending only 30 seconds on each before moving on to the next. That way we give everyone time. 
    I just recently started playing a killer and hoo boy. Power in 4s.
  • TiptoeHigher
    TiptoeHigher Member Posts: 14
    I think that tunnel is "ok" survivors have Borrow, but camping is really unfair. Once you down it's over... You lose points, time and rank... Is too bad, If they want that camping stay in game, remove the punishments to survivors that are camped. Another ideia is remove the grab action while a person try remove other from the hook, let the person a chance to live
  • Wolf74

@TiptoeHigher said:
    ... but camping is really unfair.

Serious? So you want to force free unhooks on every killer?
    I had a lot of matches where the survivor have been coming from all directions to the rescue, should I take the first bad bait and ignore the other wannabe rescuer?
    Do think that would be fair to the killer?

• TiptoeHigher
    TiptoeHigher Member Posts: 14

@Wolf74 said:

@TiptoeHigher said:

I had a lot of matches where the survivor have been coming from all directions to the rescue, should I take the first bad bait and ignore the other wannabe rescuer?

I failed by your perspective, I imagined only the situation of a face camper.

• Wolf74

@TiptoeHigher said:

@Wolf74 said:

@TiptoeHigher said:

Facecamping doesn't exist anymore.

• Wolf74

@July said:

@Wolf74 said:

@TiptoeHigher said:

@Wolf74 said:

@TiptoeHigher said:

Facecamping doesn't exist anymore.

Just because you can unhook from the side doesen't mean face camping ain't a thing

That's exactly THE thing.
    "Facecamping" was an exploit and it is gone. Now facecamping is just a survivor combat term.

• purebalance

@KatFever78 said:
    So, here are my thoughts. I don't care if killers camp if the survivor deserves it. However, I have never taunted a killer so I feel it's ridiculous to camp me. And I NEVER use flashlights. 
    I do have a serious question about gens; if I start out right next to one am I not supposed to work on it or should I walk around a bit?
    Also, please stop spawning me 2 steps away from the killer! 😂

Spawning near the killer(not on top of) is actually good because typically they don't patrol the gens they spawned on.

• Sandman1053
    edited November 2018
    apropos said:

And when a killer immediately starts the game camping that leaves the survivors no choice but to gen rush to make it out. I personally TRY to play the game by only being on a gen for a few seconds before I go do something else. Heal someone, unhook, cleanse a totem, or simply touch another gen. But... when the fist survivor is hooked and face camped... if they deserved it I just keep going and if he/she is being camped for no reason... then the rush is on. I understand the same should go for those survivors who instantly gen rush. If that's the case by all means do what you need to. There are too many people on BOTH sides that simply want the W and don't care about bloodpoints. Makes no sense to me, but I do know it's there. Both killers AND survivors need to focuse more on drawing things out and getting those lovely bloodpoints.

All I ask from killers is to see what the survivors are doing. Stop camping those who are simply and fairly playing the game for the bloodpoints and save the camping for those that deserve it.

Survivors, stop gen rushing those killers who are simply playing the game and trying to earn the bloodpoints as well. Save the gen rushing for those who start camping right off the bat.

We, as survivors need to understand that taunting the killer, in most cases, WILL get you camped. Sorry but I agree that payback is a... 

We don't need killers quitting due to butt head survivors anymore than we need survivors quitting due to camping jerks. BOTH cases will kill DBD. True honest games is the ONLY way to keep DBD going. We ALL should be trying to make sure that everyone in the match is having a good time. No one should feel like they're expected to just stand there and do nothing.

DRAW THE GAME OUT
    GET THE BLOODPOINTS
    and damn it... HAVE SOME DAMN FUN
    Post edited by Sandman1053 on
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@purebalance said:

@apropos said:

My killer is rank 1 and camping and tunneling is for bad players. The only time it's reasonable is dying light or bm'ing survivors. If they have 1-3 done by the time you down someone, you don't belong at that rank.

Explain the thought process at work here. Someone achieved the same result as you with a different (let's say easier, for the sake of argument) strategy. How is the fact that you handicap yourself and they don't a problem with the way they play?