The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Healing Changes =Tunneling=ruined game

You guys ruined the game with the healing changes. Every game I play the killer tunnels the unhooked person because it is guaranteed easy target even with well make it level 3 they will still be injured. Half the games I play in the guy who gets hooked first is tunneled than rehooked than doesn't struggle so he dies. Making it a 3vs1 before 5 minutes pass. This is not fun at all. I know you guys are trying to balance swf but you buffed camping/tunneling and are slowly destroying this game.

Comments

• TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71

Hide before healing? o.O If the Killer runs NC hide even further? O.o
    And what Orion said, with current pace ot the game getting first survivor out is best choice, at 3v1 pace is decent enough to start giving chances, changing targets and all those other "let's bless them with a little game time" things.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@candymaniam said:
    You guys ruined the game with the healing changes. Every game I play the killer tunnels the unhooked person because it is guaranteed easy target even with well make it level 3 they will still be injured. Half the games I play in the guy who gets hooked first is tunneled than rehooked than doesn't struggle so he dies. Making it a 3vs1 before 5 minutes pass. This is not fun at all. I know you guys are trying to balance swf but you buffed camping/tunneling and are slowly destroying this game.

I see, survivors suiciding on hook is a problem for you, so you blame the healing changes for that.

SWF is not even remotely balanced btw

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Many killers always tunneled the unhooked guy, because they suck at the game. Now they have 4 extra seconds.

You can adapt to this. Change a perk to either botany or we'll make it. You'll actually end up healing faster than before the patch. That's what I did. Now I'm thinking about going for the Pharmacy perk too.

Many survivors refuse to do this though. Killers have always had to adapt to changes to why shouldn't survivors for once?

• DeadByFlashlight

@The_Crusader said:
    Many killers always tunneled the unhooked guy, because they suck at the game. Now they have 4 extra seconds.

You can adapt to this. Change a perk to either botany or we'll make it. You'll actually end up healing faster than before the patch. That's what I did. Now I'm thinking about going for the Pharmacy perk too.

Many survivors refuse to do this though. Killers have always had to adapt to changes to why shouldn't survivors for once?

They refuse because they can only carry 4 perks and they dont want to get rid of their crutches :wink:

• The_Crusader

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@The_Crusader said:

They refuse because they can only carry 4 perks and they dont want to get rid of their crutches :wink:

Exactly.

I play survivor and killer, and as killer I'm always having to pick perks carefully and adapt to new things so it's about time survivor had to change their looping second chance build.

• DeadByFlashlight

@The_Crusader said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@The_Crusader said:

Exactly.

I play survivor and killer, and as killer I'm always having to pick perks carefully and adapt to new things so it's about time survivor had to change their looping second chance build.

Currently I am running both we gonna farm forever and that chest perk, but I still dont feel the need to swap to real perks :lol:

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@candymaniam said:

@Orion said:
    Going after the weaker target is just playing efficiently. When's the last time you went for the generator that was at 0% after passing one at 50%? That's right, never.

Just trading people on the hook and spreading out the harm among the team without removing someone, brings the killer in the worst possible situation.
    To many people are free to do gens and in the end everyone is hooked 2 times and all gens are done.
    That's maybe "fun" for the survivor and they would call it an "intense" game, but for the killer it's a simple frustfest.

• The_Crusader
    Ok I take back what I said.

I was feeling good about the changes yesterday. It's been HORRIBLE tonight.

Firstly, damn near every killer is taking sloppy butcher now. So healing times are ridiculous.

Secondly, nobody has brought any kind of healing buff perks to compensate for this.

Been seeing a lot of Spirits tonight and we all know how they play. Walk away from the hook then phase-walk back to try and tunnel. Real smart, nobody else ever thought of that  :|

Then you have teamates so bad that the extra healing time just means they miss more skillchecks. Seriously how the hell are so many people missing skillchecks?

I feel if they had we'll make it, botany, or even leader it would be something but nobody is adapting. Also there has been a lot of crummy killers tonight who decide the best way to use the extra time is just to tunnel the hell out of someone.

The community really does ruin this game. Its fun when it works but it blows when you get so many bad games.
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Thats always been the logical choice... Chase the healthy survivor or the injured one you already won a chase against? The killer is not looking out for you, he wants to kill you.

• Wolf74

Erm… how is "tunneling" anything that affects "healing"?
    You guys here complain about the increased healing time and getting tunneled… #########?
    If you get tunneled and chased, you never get the chance to get healed anyway, so where is the difference to pre patch?

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@Wolf74 said:
    You guys here complain about the increased healing time and getting tunneled… #########?
    If you get tunneled and chased, you never get the chance to get healed anyway, so where is the difference to pre patch?

None, it's just survivor mains making things up. I actually tunnel far less now because that guy running off after the unhook will take ages to heal up, if I go for the other guy in a spot where I know I'll down him then it's worth more than going through 1 injured state.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

@MhhBurgers said:

@Wolf74 said:

None, it's just survivor mains making things up. I actually tunnel far less now because that guy running off after the unhook will take ages to heal up, if I go for the other guy in a spot where I know I'll down him then it's worth more than going through 1 injured state.

yeah but you're not the only killer - for every one of you there are five others who do the opposite.

• Wolf74

@darktrix said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@Wolf74 said:

yeah but you're not the only killer - for every one of you there are five others who do the opposite.

Ok, so we are back to what I asked above. Please answer.

• DeadByFlashlight

@The_Crusader said:
    Ok I take back what I said.

I was feeling good about the changes yesterday. It's been HORRIBLE tonight.

Firstly, damn near every killer is taking sloppy butcher now. So healing times are ridiculous.

Secondly, nobody has brought any kind of healing buff perks to compensate for this.

Been seeing a lot of Spirits tonight and we all know how they play. Walk away from the hook then phase-walk back to try and tunnel. Real smart, nobody else ever thought of that  :|

Then you have teamates so bad that the extra healing time just means they miss more skillchecks. Seriously how the hell are so many people missing skillchecks?

I feel if they had we'll make it, botany, or even leader it would be something but nobody is adapting. Also there has been a lot of crummy killers tonight who decide the best way to use the extra time is just to tunnel the hell out of someone.

The community really does ruin this game. Its fun when it works but it blows when you get so many bad games.

Nobody is apating because they never needed to.
    All survivor nerfs have been laughable and survivors are doing the same every patch and its working every patch because nothing is being changed.

Take the exhaustion "nerf" for example. How has that change anything?

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Where's the Doctor with his ever-so-wise advise when we need it most?

• Wolf74

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Actually it did help.
    Before you ran the risky of getting sprint boosted twice during a single chase, which prolonged the chase big time.
    Now at least you only have to deal with one use per chase.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@candymaniam said:

they cant be tunneled if you don't unhook them and just do gens... objectives over altruism especially if you see the killer just camping a location.

• The_Crusader
    akbays35 said:

@candymaniam said:

they cant be tunneled if you don't unhook them and just do gens... objectives over altruism especially if you see the killer just camping a location.

I've tried that. Never works. Because someone else goes in for the save, often just 5 seconds after the hook.

You see Survivor 2 get hooked. 5 seconds later  Survivor 3's status change from healthy to injured, then survivor 2 goes from hooked to injured, then survivor 3 goes from injured to dying, then survivor 2 gors from injured to dying.

So what happens is one guy gets hooked, other guy goes for immediate save but gets spotted and injured, manages to unhook during cooldown, but then gets down, and killer chases unhooked guy and downs them shortly after.

There's nothing you can do because you can't influence other players actions. I can not stress how often the example above happens.

If I try to stay on the gens the above happens. Then the third guy goes for the save, gets spotted and downed too.

If I go for the rescue and see the killer lurking around the hook I'll wait for them to leave for a safe save, but then you see a Nea come sprinting along in plain sight for the hook and rushes the save with the killer right there.

Alternatively you go for the save and see a Meg running around the hook being chased but not having the intelligence to try and lure the killer AWAY from the hook rather than circling around it.

Sometimes it's so hard playing solo.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Considering you can just about finish all the gens in the first 5min, the changes feel good. Of course the killer is going for the injured person, 1 less means more map control. Try not healing right away and put some distance first. 
  • DeadByFlashlight

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Actually it did help.
    Before you ran the risky of getting sprint boosted twice during a single chase, which prolonged the chase big time.

Most survivor ######### up when the second sprintburst activated during chase. Sure in the hands of a competent survivor planing ahead in order to use the 2nd burst properly it was deadly.

But from my experience as killer, the second sprintburst ######### most survivors because they suddenly stated runing circles a lot faster, then I switch direction and they dont react fast enough. Voila

My issue with sprintburst has always been that you have to stand nose to nose to the survivor, and then he can still sprint burst away.

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251
    edited October 2018

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Actually it did help.

Most survivor ######### up when the second sprintburst activated during chase. Sure in the hands of a competent survivor planing ahead in order to use the 2nd burst properly it was deadly.

But from my experience as killer, the second sprintburst ######### most survivors because they suddenly stated runing circles a lot faster, then I switch direction and they dont react fast enough. Voila

My issue with sprintburst has always been that you have to stand nose to nose to the survivor, and then he can still sprint burst away.

It means that most of the survivors you played against are noobs, and indeed most of the surv are noobs, even those twitchers with 100 viewers... They are just bad players, without any brain and any skill.

But then, can you explain me why the killers keep complaining about the balance ?

I have almost never played killer and i SWF with a group of awesome surv, 2 are jukers/sneaky and 2 are pallet loopers. Sometimes we play KYF and with Billy, i'm able to do 25/30k with 2 kills, sometimes 3 kills and this without struggling so much...

So for me the fact that killer mains are crying like babies is a mistery...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@maderr said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Wolf74 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Actually it did help.

It means that most of the survivors you played against are noobs, and indeed most of the surv are noobs, even those twitchers with 100 viewers... They are just bad players, without any brain and any skill.

But then, can you explain me why the killers keep complaining about the balance ?

I have almost never played killer and i SWF with a group of awesome surv, 2 are jukers/sneaky and 2 are pallet loopers. Sometimes we play KYF and with Billy, i'm able to do 25/30k with 2 kills, sometimes 3 kills and this without struggling so much...

So for me the fact that killer mains are crying like babies is a mistery...

If all survivors knew how to play, then the game would be unbearable for killer because its a fact that its highly unbalanced at competitive level.

Why do killers complain about balance? BEcause the game is unbalanced as hell, I recommend checking out the depip squad and you will get a rough idea what all those killer mains are talking about.

You almost never play killer? Why am I not surprised^^
    YOu manage a 2k in KYF? WOW amazing, that proves all killer mains wrong, survivors clearly need a buff :wink:

• maderr
    maderr Member Posts: 251

@Master

Did you read my previous post ? I say that the game is killer sided.

When the killer is good, even good swf will loose with the current state.

I'm a 15 hours gameplay killer and i can manage to get 1/2k most of the time and sometimes 3/4k against a really good SWF (one of the best i know actually)...

Well, you sound dumb, most of the main killers on twitch have no problem to win games. And yes survivors needs a buff atm. Previous state was ok, balanced with 2k in most of the games for rank 1 killers.

But hey, 15 minutes for killers to find a game, and next patch, the devs are going to nerf survivors again so great, every survivors will quit this game, you will have fun waiting 30 minutes for a game.

And those developpers trying to save the obvious calling this long queue time a bug. 1 year there is a bug in your game that you can't fix ? lol, so funny.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@Orion said:
    Going after the weaker target is just playing efficiently. When's the last time you went for the generator that was at 0% after passing one at 50%? That's right, never.

DAm tHAs tuFF

• Master

@maderr said:
    @Master

I'm a 15 hours gameplay killer and i can manage to get 1/2k most of the time and sometimes 3/4k against a really good SWF (one of the best i know actually)...

Well, you sound dumb, most of the main killers on twitch have no problem to win games. And yes survivors needs a buff atm. Previous state was ok, balanced with 2k in most of the games for rank 1 killers.

But hey, 15 minutes for killers to find a game, and next patch, the devs are going to nerf survivors again so great, every survivors will quit this game, you will have fun waiting 30 minutes for a game.

And those developpers trying to save the obvious calling this long queue time a bug. 1 year there is a bug in your game that you can't fix ? lol, so funny.

Clearly you dont know what a good SWF means.

But I will forgive you because you are still a beginner player.
    Go ahead and insult me with your 15 hour gameplay knowledge. I am not offended by this because when I was a noob, I believed that killers were OP too.

Show me any twitch streamer that easily 4ks a competent SWF NOT playing nurse, then you persuaded me.

And no, queues are naturally longer during a event where the devs force teh 1:4 community to switch sides, thats easy math

• Wolf74

@maderr said:
    @Master

lol
    15 hrs and he things he knows the game.^^
    You will NEVER get 3-4K vs a "really good SWF". I know it is hard to hear, but what you think is a "really good SWF" ist actually just trash, because they got killed by a 15hrs killer.
    Wait until you meet "real good" player and we talk again.

• Master

@Wolf74 said:

@maderr said:
    @Master

lol
    15 hrs and he things he knows the game.^^
    You will NEVER get 3-4K vs a "really good SWF". I know it is hard to hear, but what you think is a "really good SWF" ist actually just trash, because they got killed by a 15hrs killer.
    Wait until you meet "real good" player and we talk again.

Well as a noob I thought that killers would be OP as ######### too and I started when infinites where still a thing :lol:

• MhhBurgers

" i can get 2 kills with the second best killer in the game against my SWF that I know how they play and don't just focus on genrushing the ######### out of me".

wow ur good

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    maderr said:

It's easy to play killer, the only killers that require skill are Huntress and nurse.

When mastered, those two killers are OP as [BAD WORD].

All the other killers are easy to play with and you can win against any SWF quite easily in the current meta, even if you are an average killer.

If you continue to think that the game favors survivors atm it means you have never played any multiplayer game at a competitive level and you know nothing. Get results in the ESL on some games and then come to me speaking about it.

And who you are exactly? Is DbD an Esport and you are a pro player of it? Imight have missed that. Never heard of you in any competitive game. Mhm can you show me your tournaments and victory in any competitive exhibition? I would love to see that
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited November 2018

Tunneling before the healing changes was worse because Killers had less time between losing a Survivor after a chase and finding them before they heal.

Now, as Killer, I feel like I can injure a Survivor and let them go without having to tunnel, knowing that they will be using up a fair chunk of time to recover (hopefully; it's possible they have Resilience and I'm just helping rush gens).

I can finally run Thanatophobia without feeling like I'm wasting a perk slot.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@The_Crusader said:
    akbays35 said:

@candymaniam said:

I've tried that. Never works. Because someone else goes in for the save, often just 5 seconds after the hook.

You see Survivor 2 get hooked. 5 seconds later  Survivor 3's status change from healthy to injured, then survivor 2 goes from hooked to injured, then survivor 3 goes from injured to dying, then survivor 2 gors from injured to dying.

So what happens is one guy gets hooked, other guy goes for immediate save but gets spotted and injured, manages to unhook during cooldown, but then gets down, and killer chases unhooked guy and downs them shortly after.

There's nothing you can do because you can't influence other players actions. I can not stress how often the example above happens.

If I try to stay on the gens the above happens. Then the third guy goes for the save, gets spotted and downed too.

If I go for the rescue and see the killer lurking around the hook I'll wait for them to leave for a safe save, but then you see a Nea come sprinting along in plain sight for the hook and rushes the save with the killer right there.

Alternatively you go for the save and see a Meg running around the hook being chased but not having the intelligence to try and lure the killer AWAY from the hook rather than circling around it.

idk I just keep doing gens then try to find the hatch, if I see a killer camp or anywhere near the hook I don't save unless I have borrowed time and even then that just buys the tunneled survivor like a few more seconds, that or just do it for bp.

• The_Crusader
    akbays35 said:

@The_Crusader said:
    akbays35 said:

@candymaniam said:

idk I just keep doing gens then try to find the hatch, if I see a killer camp or anywhere near the hook I don't save unless I have borrowed time and even then that just buys the tunneled survivor like a few more seconds, that or just do it for bp.

That's the point isn't it?

Nothing wrong with what you're doing. Leaving them hooked to punish the killer is the best you can do.

When its your turn on the hook though it sucks, plus you get farmed for BP with Borrowed. Not that the survivors can do much else.

All camping does is ruin the game for 1 person and give the other survivors a boring game of holding M1 on a gen and getting no evader/benevolence points.
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@candymaniam said:
    Every game I play the killer tunnels the unhooked person because it is guaranteed easy target

Precisely. And the best way to slow the game down is to get players out of the game.
    This is why camping and tunneling is so popular.

• pat_rukia
    pat_rukia Member Posts: 3

@maderr said:
    It's easy to play killer, the only killers that require skill are Huntress and nurse.

All the other killers are easy to play with and you can win against any SWF quite easily in the current meta, even if you are an average killer.

If you continue to think that the game favors survivors atm it means you have never played any multiplayer game at a competitive level and you know nothing. Get results in the ESL on some games and then come to me speaking about it.

Hello here !
    I agree with you, any good killer can screw a swf if he plays well without camp or tunnel, I have 1660h of play with a long break and after the camp period, here is the tunneling + camp period, and this are very often, very very often even, bad killers who play like that, because the good killer have in no case need tunnel to kill a survivor, he had it once he will have it again, personally I thank and reward a killer, even if this one kill me, when he does not tunel and do not camp because the is the good killer of the game !

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

^^
    lol
    can you please post a video you playing against a good SWF and screwing them?
    Thanks!

• Wolf74

I love all those survivor mains claiming how easy it is to play killer.^^

• Master

@maderr said:

ESL?

We had exactly one official tournament a few months ago and it uncloaked the unbalance of the game so hard that it was really embarassing.

I assume you didnt watch it, otherwise you would know b etter

• Master

@Wolf74 said:
    I love all those survivor mains claiming how easy it is to play killer.^^

It is, they consistenly 4k their dailies at rank 15 :wink:

• pat_rukia
    pat_rukia Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2018

@Whispers23 said:
    ^^
    lol
    Thanks!

I never claimed to be a good killer! but I clearly recognize one when I have one in my game!
    You have to admit when you come across a player killer who plays well and one who does not play, it is the same for the survivors! (I'm rank 1 so I'm talking about killers and survivors of the same rank)

Post edited by pat_rukia on
  • Master

@pat_rukia said:

@Whispers23 said:
    ^^
    lol
    Thanks!

I never claimed to be a good killer! but I clearly recognize one when I have one in my game!
    You have to admit when you come across a player killer who plays well and one who does not play, it is the same for the survivors! (I'm rank 1 so I'm talking about killers and survivors of the same rank)

Just sucks when you come across 4 survivors that know how to play well, because unless you are a top nurse, you will suffer :wink:

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    It is not...that...bad.
  • Minute
    Minute Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2018

Is tunneling efficient? Absolutely. Is it fun? Well, I guess for some it is, but for me as killer? Absolutely not. I would rather take a 4 man escape just to have engaging chases and predictions than to act like a robot. I play rank 1 killer and survivor and cannot count the number of times that a survivor DCs or dies at 4-5 gens, but the killer doesn't toy with the others and instead just camps the next guy, and so on. Personally, I don't do this. I had a match as Huntress on Rotten Fields with a situation like this. After the guy died, I played chill and went out of my way to go away from the hooks I got (as I played before). I patrolled the objectives. Instead of having a 4 gen game, the game actually stretched out to the exit gates and I managed to get a 4k in a close, fun match. The survivors gave me positive feedback and told me that they were scared the whole match. That is SO much more fun to me than killers who just camp everyone they get. I'm not exaggerating this either; camping/tunneling is exactly what most killers prefer to do at rank 1. In light of the tools given to killers to help in chases (Spirit Fury, Bamboozle, nerf to exhaustion perks, etc.), it disappoints me that I feel like I'm one of the few that doesn't feel a great need to go back to the hook and ruin a game experience for someone else.

It is brain-dead easy to hang around a certain radius of the hook and return immediately to it. Yes, the rescuer and the injured survivor should run away. They DO run away, but this isn't a game that emphasizes stealth. Chances are that the injured guy will be easy to find. Yes, the logical response is to have all other survivors complete generators while someone is camping. But would you truly be happy with the survivor playerbase turning into the depip squad? I certainly wouldn't. I want survivors to make unsafe plays so that I can chase them. I like for players to have second chances. I have way more fun in games that are close (2-1 gens left) as I described in the example with the Huntress match.

It's not fun for the killer or the team when a killer decides to just focus on one person the whole game because they have no idea how to keep map pressure or change targets. Tunneling someone out of the match (and by this I mean: ignoring generators, downing other people, hooking, and basically doing things to the detriment of your own gameplay performance in order to eliminate one person) removes little skill there is present in the game and promotes toxicity. It is also highly inefficient gameplay wise if you tunnel the wrong person; they KNOW what pallets have been used. Switch to another target: boom, the next guy is not going to know what was already used in most cases. It's a common tactic I use myself.

Despite the changes to healing speeds, a lot of killers still prefer camp/tunnels over solid gameplay. Some of them have changed, but a lot of them haven't. I would like further balance changes to help GOOD killers against the generator times, but until killers are better rewarded for NOT tunneling or camping, I would refuse any balance changes to generators because it would make the situation even worse. With SWF, it's possible for 3 people to survive. With randoms? Very slim chance. Most suicide on hook at the first sign of this type of killer, giving them the free victory.

The killer role has had many positive changes and the addition of excellent perks to help with looping; maybe other killers should try this out and let the stats speak for themselves if there is a high escape rate.

• TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250

@candymaniam said:

....OK dude, those were always strategies in the game before the healing nerfs, unless you have actuall balance suggestions, don't use this to complain.

• MhhBurgers

@pat_rukia said:

@Whispers23 said:
    ^^
    lol
    Thanks!

A good killer in a survivor main's eyes is a killer that does not kill them.

I had games where I literally ran behind survivors doing nothing just to get hunter points and didn't hit or hook them and after the deranking spree I had tons of +reps on my steam profile on how good a killer I was.

We literally do not care about your opinion on this matter.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@candymaniam you got it wrong, friend.
    Dead survivor = good
    Living survivor = bad

No need to overcomplicate things.

• Master

@MhhBurgers said:

@pat_rukia said:

@Whispers23 said:
    ^^
    lol
    Thanks!

A good killer in a survivor main's eyes is a killer that does not kill them.

I had games where I literally ran behind survivors doing nothing just to get hunter points and didn't hit or hook them and after the deranking spree I had tons of +reps on my steam profile on how good a killer I was.

We literally do not care about your opinion on this matter.

Yeah its sad.
    Maybe BHVR should really think about an AI killer mode