Prey (2017) chapter concept

txcrnr
txcrnr Member Posts: 83

Killer:  The Phantom

The killer for this chapter is an Etheric Phantom from Prey, a subset of the Typhon Anthrophantasmus species that is capable of forming copies of itself.  

For its power, The Phantom can use its active ability key to split in two, given enough space.  Unlike The Twins, The Phantom controls both of these copies at once-  the clone mirrors the original’s actions, moving right when the original moves left, while retaining the same forward-backward movement.  The clone has separate prompts for vaulting and breaking pallets.  The Phantom can switch which clone he is controlling by pressing the active ability button again, or hold the ability button to recall his clone.  The Phantom can even recall the original into his clone if he is controlling the clone.  Right click can be used to cause the clone to attack, and can be held for a lunge.

Killer Perks:

Machine Mind:  After damaging a generator, determine repair progress of all other generators by their aura for 15 seconds.  Cooldown of 60 seconds.

Remote manipulation:  When breaking a pallet, the nearest generator will also be damaged.  Cooldown of 30 seconds.  

Backlash:  When stunned or blinded by a survivor, their movement speed is reduced by 50% for 1 second.

New Survivor:  Morgan Yu (with male and female alts).  

The brother of Transtar CEO Alex Yu, Morgan is one of the lead scientists that helped create Neuromods, devices that allow knowledge, memories, and skills to be recorded and implanted into another person’s brain.  

Survivor perks:

Combat Focus:  When stunning, light burning, or blinding a killer, you gain a 50% speed boost for 1 second.

Dismantle:  This perk becomes available after working on generators for at least 30 seconds.  Press the active ability button while working on a generator to remove 25% of its progress.  The next time you work on a different generator, that progress will be transferred over.  

Necropsy:  For each teammate that has died during the trial, gain a 100% speed boost to healing actions, including self healing.  If a survivor bled out or died by the killer’s hand, gain a 50% speed bonus to generator repairs.

New map:  Pytheas Facility

While the main game takes place on Talos 1, none of the game’s environments would work properly for a map.  Instead, the map would be set on It’s sister facility explored during the Mooncrash DLC, the Pytheas Moonbase.  The map takes place in the central dome built on the lunar regolith, with a central tower&generator that is raised high above the surface.  Additionally, the map features several smaller storage towers that can hold generators, as well as small clusters of cut Moon rocks.  This map is unique in the fact that it’s gravity is lower, approximate 1/6 of the main game’s gravity, and it features several locations in which this can be used to the advantage of both the killer and the survivors due to the multitude of small towers across the map.

Comments

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

I really like PREY, much more than the average person, but I think the only franchise that could truly justify DbD going sci-fi would be Alien. With other stuff, it feels iffy to me.

The Killer power idea is passable, though I kinda feel like depending on the map, it would either be worthless, or totally invalidate loops and result in ultra easy downs. It also feels a bit generic- I'd want a Typhon power to invoke the Coral, because that's something much more unique to the creatures and touches on the semi-eldritch horror that's probably the best thing about them.

It's also worth noting that part of the reason a PREY chapter is kind of iffy is the Mimic problem. They're the most iconic enemies in the game, but totally unsuited to a Killer role.

Of course, this is all hypothetical fun stuff, and part of me is kinda just happy to see other people recognising such a cool immersive sim, so thumbs up for that!

• txcrnr
    txcrnr Member Posts: 83

Listen, I respect the opinion on what genre killers should come from, but we just got a kpop chapter where it’s implied the killer knows it’s a game so I threw all that out the window. Also, the survey before the most recent one mentioned Prey when asking what horror games players knew about