Temp Bans and Steam Maintenance

Options
Vexon
Vexon Member Posts: 70

Alright dude im PISSED. Steam keeps going down for maintenance the last few days for a few minutes at a time, and I keep getting temp bans from matchmaking because of it. I've been at the 15 minute ban mark like 4 times and I already know it's gonna be extended more than 15 minutes if it keeps happening. There is no sign of Steam letting up, and I'm sick of getting banned as killer for it. It isn't my internet, as my internet stays up just fine during all of this. PLEASE DISABLE YOUR STUPID TEMP BANS THEY DON'T EVEN WORK AS INTENDED. If survivors want to work around it they just kill themselves on first hook. It's such a stupid ass idea you idiot devs for the love of god listen to your ######### community for once in your life. LISTEN TO YOUR COMMUNITY. You guys NEVER LISTEN. This new update was the dumbest decision you ever made and everyone scolded you before you shipped it and you did it anyway. You guys are so out of touch with the community and i know this is no longer a rant about these dumbass queue bans anymore but im just PISSED OFF AT YOU GUYS

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Most of the community wanted DC bans, which exist in every other online multiplayer video game. So when you say they "don't listen", you mean they don't do what you want.

With that out of the way, I hope that implementing something to detect whether Valve's servers went down is easy, because Steam has been quite unstable lately.

• Vexon
    Options

I AGREE WITH YOU BUT IM ANGRY

ALSO THEY DIDNT LISTEN TO ANYONE BEFORE THEY SHIPPED THE NEW ANIMATION UPDATE AND BROKE 99% OF THE GAME EVEN THOUGH 99% OF THE COMMUNITY TOLD THEM IT WAS BAD.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82
    Options

Steam only does maintenance on tuesdays around 4-5pm EST. It also doesn't interrupt matches already in progress from my experience

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

It totally does kick you out of games, at least recently. Today I was kicked out of a very intense match, which really infuriated me. And it did the same last tuesday, both times giving me 5 minute bans. I did not experience this in the past, though, when you could normally finish the trial and then be kicked out of the game.

• Vexon
    Options

say what you want but this has been happening to me and all my friends so it isn't "my internet"

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Steam hasnt gone down for maintenance a few days at a time recently. It goes down once every tuesday night. Hate to break it to you but it might just be your internet.

• Orion
    edited March 2021
    Options

It's not, unless it's also mine, my boyfriend's, and a friend of mine's.

• Vexon
    Options

hey dingus did you read what i said? literally all of my dbd steam friends are experiencing this as killer. step down from your high horse mr condescending

• Vexon
    Options

facts. orion knows.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Again that's a DBD issue or an internet issue. It's not a Steam issue.

• wojtech
    wojtech Member Posts: 192
    Options

I'm not sure if it's steam but you can try this

In steam launch options add -primarynet

and in engine.ini file

[/script/lobby.lobbybeaconclient]
    BeaconConnectionInitialTimeout=120.0
    BeaconConnectionTimeout=90.0

[/script/onlinesubsystemutils.partybeaconhost]
    SessionTimeoutSecs=30
    TravelSessionTimeoutSecs=90

• Orion
    Options

And how do you explain that my boyfriend, my friend, and me are having the same problem without even being in a game?

It's a Steam issue, not an Internet issue nor a DbD issue.