Possible Alert Buff

Options
Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,108
edited November 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

When the Killer performs a break action, maybe show the aura of the object being broken (gen/pallet) as well as the Killer's aura. That way a Survivor can tell if the Killer is chasing, or just patrolling, from across the map.

Before the "too OP" counter arguments flood in, just remember that there are far better perks that turn the game on its head, and give Survivors 10 more chances on top of the 10 they already get. That, and this perk is mostly for solo Survivors anyway; they don't always know if the Killer is in a chase, unlike SWF.

Post edited by Nos37 on

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Well depending on tier you can usually tell if the killer is rushed or patrolling. That and how frequently it goes off, 2 in 20s is almost always a chase.
  • Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111
    Options

I don't think it's necessary because you will see where the killer is and that's more important to you than whether he is chasing or not.

• Nos37
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Whispers23 said:
    I don't think it's necessary because you will see where the killer is and that's more important to you than whether he is chasing or not.

If the Killer's aura is 1 gen away I will move off my gen if the Killer is patrolling, but if he's merely chasing then I will continue repairing gens.

SWF gets these benefits with voice chat, and the devs want to bridge the gap between Solo and SWF. If they add a being chased Survivor status icon to the HUD, then yeah, this change won't be necessary.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

I think Alert is good enough as it is.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

I prefer to see where the killer is going after the break action: if the broken object's Aura were shown with the killer's Aura, I'd agree; if it were seen instead of theirs, then I would consider that a nerf, rather than a buff.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Nos37 said:
    When the Killer performs a break action, maybe show the aura of the object being broken (gen/pallet). That way a Survivor can tell if the Killer is chasing, or just patrolling, from across the map.

Before the "too OP" counter arguments flood in, just remember that there are far better perks that turn the game on its head, and give Survivors 10 more chances on top of the 10 they already get. That, and this perk is mostly for solo Survivors anyway; they don't always know if the Killer is in a chase, unlike SWF.

Uhm I think its quite strong already that a single perk reveals the killer breaking sth without range limitation to the whole team already.

• Entità
    Options

@Master Are you speaking about SWF?

• Nos37
    Options

@Entità said:
    I prefer to see where the killer is going after the break action: if the broken object's Aura were shown with the killer's Aura, I'd agree; if it were seen instead of theirs, then I would consider that a nerf, rather than a buff.

Yes, I meant both the aura of the Killer and the object they're breaking (edited that part in).

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Nos37 said:
    When the Killer performs a break action, maybe show the aura of the object being broken (gen/pallet) as well as the Killer's aura. That way a Survivor can tell if the Killer is chasing, or just patrolling, from across the map.

You want another buff to Alert??
    Serious?
    I even used this perk pre buff, because I thought it is pretty damn good and than they BUFFED it.
    And you even ask for MORE??

• Nos37
    Options

Yes.

• Master
    Options

@Entità said:
    @Master Are you speaking about SWF?

Yes

• Master
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Nos37 said:

You want another buff to Alert??
    Serious?
    I even used this perk pre buff, because I thought it is pretty damn good and than they BUFFED it.
    And you even ask for MORE??

Only survivors are not ashamed to ask for stuff like this.

Ive never seen a killer wanting BBQ to give 200% bonus BP for example (like the old WGLF)

• Wolf74
    Options

You already get to know the killer when he first breaks anything, even if it happens on the far side of the map, because you can recognize the Silhouette.

• Entità
    Options
    @Master The SWF is almost unsolvable. Here Devs must make a choice: what is better, to balance the game at SWF level, condemning solo survivors to a certain, systematic defeat, or to balance the game at Solo Survivors level, condemning killers to very hard trials against SWF teams? Is it more likely that a player survives alone or with friends? In my opinion, the answer is obvious: solo games are the vast majority, because it is not probable that friends share the same tastes in terms of videogames or have the same rhythms and hours of free time. In my experience, when I play as a survivor, in the 90% of the games I'm a Solo Survivor, in the remaining 10% I play in SWF parties.

• Master
    Options
    Entità said:
    @Master The SWF is almost unsolvable. Here Devs must make a choice: what is better, to balance the game at SWF level, condemning solo survivors to a certain, systematic defeat, or to balance the game at Solo Survivors level, condemning killers to very hard trials against SWF teams? Is it more likely that a player survives alone or with friends? In my opinion, the answer is obvious: solo games are the vast majority, because it is not probable that friends share the same tastes in terms of videogames or have the same rhythms and hours of free time. In my experience, when I play as a survivor, in the 90% of the games I'm a Solo Survivor, in the remaining 10% I play in SWF parties.

That's simply not true. The devs revealed stats last year that in a bit more than 70% if all games there is a swf. That rate is even higher now.

What the devs need to do is give everyone ingame voice comms and balance the game around that. Everything else is laughable unless they want to remove swf 
  • Entità
    Options
    @Master I don't know where you take these stats, but let's just assume you're right: nevertheless, who buys the game has the full right to use it even alone, in the license agreement there is no clause that without a group of friends it is unplayable, so each player deserves to be able to take advantage of the product they purchased with their own money, both with and without friends.

• Master
    Options
    Entità said:
    @Master I don't know where you take these stats, but let's just assume you're right: nevertheless, who buys the game has the full right to use it even alone, in the license agreement there is no clause that without a group of friends it is unplayable, so each player deserves to be able to take advantage of the product they purchased with their own money, both with and without friends.

I never suggested to remove soloplayer,  I said add ingame voice comms such that solo players can communicate too

Oh and btw, the devs could go ahead and change the game as they want, you are in no ways guaranteed anything
  • Wolf74
    Options

Unfortunately Devs stopped showing stats on stream, so we need to stick the old stuff they told us.
    50% of all survivor join the game via "play with friends", including people that play solo, but still click "play with friends" to avoid old bugs.
    Therefore 70% of all lobbies contain some sort of SWF in different combinations.
    Overall that is not the "vast majority" of the playerbase.
    The playerbase is ~75% survivor and 25% killer and from those 75% of the total playerbase not even half of them play SWF, so a meager 35-38% force SWF on all of us.

• Entità
    Options
    @Master @Wolf74 My post's meaning is that people cannot be condemned to certain defeats, because they have no friends to play with, provided that no clauses compel players to make parties, so the game must be balanced for solo players, who paid to have fun not less than SWF players. Pardon, but how could I communicate with French, German, Turkish or Chinese players? O.o
  • Master
    Options

@Entità said:
    @Master @Wolf74 My post's meaning is that people cannot be condemned to certain defeats, because they have no friends to play with, provided that no clauses compel players to make parties, so the game must be balanced for solo players, who paid to have fun not less than SWF players. Pardon, but how could I communicate with French, German, Turkish or Chinese players? O.o

English, almost everyone who is playing can speak english (except a few russians from my experience)

Let me be more precise. What they need to do is add ingame voice comms and then balance the game around voice comms. Even with this strategy, SWF still grants an insane advantage. The ability to choose your own teammates is such a big advantage that other games force "SWF" into different queues because it would simply be unfair to match "SWF" vs "soloqueueers" EVEN THOUGH the game offfers ingame voice comms