Heroic Cause Rift Task Rage

Tricks
Tricks Member Posts: 957

Having real trouble completing this rift task because omg the sheer staggering amount of sweaty tunneling scrublords is just unreal:

Seriously where are all the slugging Nurses so I can "For The People" a couple of times.

One thing that really annoys me about rift tasks is as a Killer you can always, every time 100% guarantee that if you let the Survivors know you want to farm they'll get the message and let you complete your rift task.

This never happens on Survivor.

I'm just writing this rift task off and will leave it up till the next tier opens in the off chance I somehow miraculously complete it.

Comments

• Fuzzels
    Fuzzels Member Posts: 449

Tbh I just named myself "please slug me :)" and put on no mither plus empathy and ran at killers. Got it done my second game of trying.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I did it by getting up with unbreakable + 1 for the people rescue

took me 2 or 3 tries...i think... really fast considering I expected over 10 games to get it...

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

That challenge doesn't sound that difficult? I haven't reached it yet, but by the wording, you don't even need to heal a Survivor from 0 to full, and just need to pick them in general.

Run We're Gonna Live Forever for the extra healing speed, and maybe combine that with Botany Knowledge, We'll Make It and a tricked out Medkit.

Shouldn't take more then a single match really, unless the Killer is very commited to picking every Survivor up the moment they go down. In that case, that's just bad luck

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Shouldn't take more then a single match really, unless the Killer is very commited to picking every Survivor up the moment they go down. In that case, that's just bad luck

Which seems to be the case for the majority of killers at the moment. As soon as you stick the challenge on you suddenly no longer face slugging infectious oni players and now its grab-myers every. single. game.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Sounds like the same kind of phenomenon that guarantees you will always be the first to be found and hooked in a match whenever you equip Deliverance. 😁

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Correct, it is! Also the same phenomenon that guarantees a plague if you equip Autodidact, or a 4man flashlight squad if you think about Wraith or Hag for half a second!

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

for a extra bit of frustration, try doing this at low ranks, where killers have no clue how to play and if they do they don't slug for any reason at all

(to whomever came up with this challenge, please stop drinking any and all alcoholic beverages of any kind. I beg you)

• Jb94
    Jb94 Member Posts: 209

What I do with rifts is leave the trickiest ones for last and then let them pop ambiently as I play normal games.

Maybe your next game won't let you pick two people up- but you WILL have a game where you're able to do so naturally at some point. Unless you're really really attached to all 4 specific perks running empathy for a couple of weeks won't hurt you at all.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

At this point it happens so often that I wouldn't be surprised if it's intentional. Like the devs somehow programmed the game to prioritize matching you with players that counter whatever you're trying to. Stun the Killer? Here's some Spirits, Doctors, and any Killer that is terrified of pallets. Trying to cleanse some totems? Have some Trappers and Freddys. I've had Killers give up downs because apparently a pallet stun is the scariest thing in the world.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Lol. When that first perk came out I had the worst luck with that. Like honesty, the first 25 games I ran it I may have used it twice. I'd get so heated every early game.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I swear this game bases matchmaking on player behavior and making it impossible to complete the challenge.

-Heal 10 survivor health States

Game: Have an AFK wraith! Also a Huntress who can't hit anyone.

-Pick up 2 survivors from dying

Game: Here are some killers who NEVER SLUG IN THEIR LIFE EVEN WITH DS

-Vault a Window 5 times in chase as Yui

Game: Here's Infinite Tier 3 Myers, followed by Tombstone Myers who won't even chase you until he's ready to kill you.

-Pick up a Pallet within a certain range of the killer

Game: Here's a killer that will break pallets immediately, even the unsafe ones.

-Cleanse 15 totems

Game: Here's some teammates who'll actually cleanse totems instead of doing gens.

• cindlemain
    cindlemain Member Posts: 92

Sorry, I'm more then likely one of the people making the totem cleansing hard, I run detective's hunch and go for totems hard due to getting NOED and Devour Hope almost every game.

As for this challenge, took me about 6 games, but running unbreakable definitely helped, so did the slugging Bubba who was pissed I got back up. This one took the longest for me out of the normal challenges. We aren't going to talking about how long it took to do the red Glyph ones, but if your having trouble with that indoor maps really help

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

If I don't want to ever deal with a Hex totem ever I need Tenacity and Soul Guard

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Empathy

For the People

Unbreakable

We're gonna live forever

When someone gets chased, keep an eye on them and be there as soon as they go down, so during the swipe animation you can jump in and use For the People instantly. Bonus points if the killer downs you and chases the other survivor for long enough so you can get up with Unbreakable.

Done first try, I was lucky of course, and you need to trow the game pretty much, but it's a valid strategy for it

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

I really wish the devs would quit encouraging people to throw games.

• Trashmaster
    Trashmaster Member Posts: 357

I dunno about you but I haven't seen a slugger in months, this challenge is total ass to complete

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

It took me 2 days to do this fricking challenge and today I finally got it thx to one man.

Otz. I played against him earlier and in this match I got this stupid challenge... finally.

• Mistercookie
    Mistercookie Member Posts: 147

Same! I got it with WGLF and one unbreakable in my second game. I was so happy because I was about to level Zarina just to get For the People..

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

12 games and i gave up. killers refused to slug.

• Alice_pbg

I have all the perks on kate, so I was using for the people, unbreakable, WGLF and botany knowledge. with a yellow medkit with a speed addon, meaning with the kit, I could get someone up in like 5 seconds.

the medkt, WGLF and botany knowledge just didn't end up mattering fpr the challenge... XD

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Unbreakable soul gaurd + a bit of luck. Works better if a friend brings a flashlight cuz then u can get ur friend to take the killers attention and force them to slug you

• Mistercookie
    Mistercookie Member Posts: 147

That might be why you never got it if you never actually equipped Empathy x'D!!

• Alice_pbg

I did get it... totally forgot it was an empathy challenge XD

but now I don't remember which perk I didn't use... probably wglf... the main plain was to go with for the people and just take a hook stage both times

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

It might be worth forming a SWF and working together to get it for one person at a time, using voice chat to call out when you're about to go down and sending someone in to distract the killer, etc.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

That Would be great if they didn't block other challenges with this nonsense.

• boostedsurvivormain
    boostedsurvivormain Member Posts: 399

I ran unbreakable, WGLF, and no mither for that challenge. It was not a fun experience

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

I didn’t have a rough time with it. Got it in 3.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

We're all getting bad luck then. Not a single soul is slugging for some reason.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

This challenge is stupidly hard to complete. You can be at it all night and not complete it.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

This is my favorite challenge of this tome. Everytime someone complains about slugging from now on i can just point to this challenge and make all their points moot.

Doesn't seem that big of a problem is picking yourself or other survivors 2 times in a match takes 10 tries

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

It took me several rounds. I did it with a swf teammate, had him put on Tenacity so he could try to lose killer easier so I could pop him up. Noticed Deerstalker was being run on most killers tonight, I don't usually see it this much. I finally got it done because killer was hit early in the match with DS from random so was afraid to immediately pick up my teammate and other random after tunneling them off the hook. So happy I got it done because I hate Empathy.

It kind of feels like killers saw that challenge so decided not to slug so survivors can't complete it. 😂

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited March 2021

I finally finished this challenge, twice. The first time was after ~15 games, I used For the People twice in the match and it didn't award me the challenge. About 8 games later I picked myself up with Unbreakable and got a For the People pickup and it awarded it to me. I have a feeling the challenge is bugged but it's so difficult to do in the first place there's no reliable way to tell. To me the biggest thing this challenge has shown is that no matter how much people complain about slugging it is actually a non-issue otherwise this challenge would be a cakewalk.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Well it's been a good 50 attempts at completing this task and I am just so bored it's time to go back to killer. wd behaviour, you actually made the game boring.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375

I luckily had a slugging Myers in the first attempt, who always ran past me as pink Bunny Feng and couldn't or wouldn't see me. So I was able to heroically pick people up about six times while he stayed permanently at level 3. 

Heroic, boring game, but the task is done. 🤣