alternative idea for basekit bouncing knives

if bouncing knives is the funnest part of the new killer, but it's too easy to cheese extra laceration by throwing the knives at the survivor's feet, what if bounced knives gain more laceration the farther they've travelled? if you only bounce them a short distance, the laceration could be worse than if you just threw the knife at them directly, but with crazier bounces you could lacerate them into losing a health state very quickly. seems like it would be fun to me!

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

it's a purple add-on. it should be good.

just have bouncing knives do 1/2 laceration on the basekit

and have the add-on add an extra bounce + the double laceration

• bredbeddle
    bredbeddle Member Posts: 103

the way i see it, if basekit bouncing knives have 1/2 laceration, there's very little reason to try to go for a bounce instead of just sticking them directly, so them being basekit wouldn't do much

even if you're trying to bounce the knives around a corner, you're going to miss a lot more of those shots and for a lot lower reward when you hit them. if you increase laceration over bounce distance, going for those crazy shots will lead to a much bigger payoff. it's high risk / high reward vs. high risk / low reward

the purple addon would need to be reworked of course. giving an extra bounce is a good idea imo. maybe knives that bounce twice get a x2 laceration bonus? it seems like it would be super high, but bouncing twice and then getting a hit also seems really hard and worth rewarding a lot

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

I honestly just think they should make ricochet base-kit and just make it deal normal knife damage, it would allow for some cool strats while not being too overpowered, and the purple add-on can stay the same but obviously just increase ricochet damage instead of allowing you to do it in the first place.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243

The ricochet modifier could stay but (assuming BHVR could successfully code this) make it so ricochets off the ground don't have a multiplier

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Make the Killer a survivor so we don't have to deal with a lame, non-atmospheric killer that doesn't fit. We already have Legion, we don't need other edgy killers. And we definitely don't need killers with pastel pink and blue knives. Next will have a killer in a banana costume.

• Noisy
    Noisy Member Posts: 21

The Banana's wrath, deal double damage on vegan survivors.

• bredbeddle
    bredbeddle Member Posts: 103

their mori is... well, i'd probably get banned for describing it