Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Cheat dealer in lobby

Rank_21
Rank_21 Member Posts: 52

So there is a person that copy-pastes text in lobby chat and then immediately dodges.

I saw them many, many times but this time I managed to get into their Steam profile and took a screenshot.

They give a link to their site with videos of the cheat capabilities and ways to obtain it, obviously.

Is this bannable? Should I report them?

Answers

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    edited March 2021

Advertising exploits is 100% bannable, so advertising cheats I would assume is too. If there's sufficient evidence to link their account to the videos they're posting (which based on what you've described, there probably is), then they can definitely be banned.

I would keep a copy of a link to their profile/SteamID and report them.

You can send a ticket to support with all the information you have, and hopefully something can be done :)

• Rank_21
    Rank_21 Member Posts: 52

They received a game ban after I reported their Steam profile for hack advertising to Steam support. Hopefully, it's the dbd ban :)

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited March 2021

Got 3 farming bot killers in a row yesterday night. They just stand still and hit M1.

Third one was a Legion. After all gens were done i got smacked with NOED and he hooked me. Tx for the LOLs.

On console with crossplay we don't see endgame chat, but at least we still can report for using exploits.