Memento Moris buff

There are now some curses and add-ons that allow the killer to murder the survivors with their own hands: the Memento Moris no longer cause sufficient terror, that killer's secret offering no longer represents a scarecrow worthy of the name it bears.

In addition, the Cypress and Ivory Memento Moris are very similar: kill the last survivor, kill a survivor, little change, also because the last dies instantly if hooked, so it does not help much to kill them directly, if not for a sadistic torment half a meter from the open hatch.

I suggest then these changes:

CYPRESS MEMENTO MORI (rare offering): Grants the ability to kill one Survivor who has been hooked by your hand during the next trial.

IVORY MEMENTO MORI (very rare offering): Grants the ability to kill two Survivors who have been hooked by your hand during the next trial.

EBANY MEMENTO MORI (ultra rare offering): Grants the ability to kill all Survivors who have been hooked by your hand during the next trial.

Comments

• Whispers23
    Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

I like it.
    The yellow one is useless right now.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    edited November 2018

@Whispers23 @SnakeSound222 I am a perfectionist: to see that progression "1 (last), 1 (anyone), 4" gives me a sense of showy imbalance, while "1, 2, 4" is much more mathematically elegant and concretely useful.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited November 2018
    Nah sorry but i have to disagree. 
    I have made a thread about moris a while ago if you don't mind necroing my ancient thread.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/6537/cypress-mori-should-be-part-of-the-base-kit
  • AndreasLyUs
    AndreasLyUs Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2018

!#########!

• Entità
    @tizzi717 I'll tell you, I play at least 60% of games as a survivor and, when I see the killer's secret offering, I think of Devour Hope, Rancor, Judith's Tombstone, and after all I breathe a sigh of relief that the killer burnt a Memento Mori, probably of Cypress or Ivory, one the bad copy of the other. I'm not frightened, my playstyle doesn't change at all.

I am probably one of the few in here who does not speak for personal interest: I am a perfectionist idealist and my contributions are oriented towards improving the game itself, because I like it so much and I want to see it shine over the years. :)

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

@Entità said:
    @Whispers23 @SnakeSound222 I am a perfectionist: to see that progression "1 (last), 1 (anyone), 4" gives me a sense of showy imbalance, while "1, 2, 4" is much more mathematically elegant and concretely useful.

I'm pretty sure most people (me included) will not care about progression being imbalanced if we don't have to go through multiple bloodwebs and praying to RNGesus that a Mori pops up soon. You could end up spending hundreds of thousands of BP on a Killer that you don't want to play just because of a ritual. You know, the things that are supposed to be easy to complete? Yes, you could trash the ritual, but you would end up losing 60k BP and have it replaced by a random ritual (one that you might also not like).

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    no ty
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Survivors will never like that so it will never become a thing.
    Just look what happened to the hatch closing mechanic or the SC/DS rework.

• Entità
    edited November 2018

My proposal simply takes into account the evolution of the game: there are many things worse than Cypress or Ivory Memento Moris, right now.

• Entità
    I'm surprised that such a proposal is ignored by people who complaint killers are too disadvantaged.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Why not make hooking all four survivours grant the killer a mori. It promotes anti tunneling and rewards killer for finding and hooking all four survivours? 
  • Entità
    @Zarathos Specific items, add-ons and offerings are not rewards for a good trial: if they will become so, then the change must concern both the killer and the survivors.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited November 2018
    Entità said:
    @Zarathos Specific items, add-ons and offerings are not rewards for a good trial: if they will become so, then the change must concern both the killer and the survivors.
    I was thinking of incorporating it into the base game and only useable during the trial you are playing. Maybe have a status symbol to aware the survivour that the killer can mori. Even then survivours can fish for items with add ons (albeit with a specific perk) in dbd so the concept isnt nuanced either. I was just trying to come up with an idea to reward the killer for spreading out his hooks instead of tunneling the survivour who got off the hook. 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Entità said:
    I'm surprised that such a proposal is ignored by people who complaint killers are too disadvantaged.
    Maybe because this game shouldn't rely on offerings in order to balance it.

Moris are fine the way they are right now and i see enough of them already.
    If something needs to be changed is the chance of getting ultra rare addons, lower it for both killers and survivors.
  • Aerys
    Aerys Member Posts: 179

Brown Mori: Grants the ability to kill the last Survivor, who has been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

Yellow Mori: Grants the ability to kill one Survivor, who has been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

Green Mori: Grants the ability to kill two Survivors, who have been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

Purple Mori: Grants the ability to kill three Survivors, who have been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

Pink Mori: Grants the ability to kill all Survivors, who have been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

At least then it'd be up in the air as to which Mori you know the Killer is running and how much "OH NO" you have to be once he doesn't kill the first person down or hooks the second person. That said, they should all be relatively rare even for their respective rarities.

• Entità

@Aerys said:
    Brown Mori: Grants the ability to kill the last Survivor, who has been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

Yellow Mori: Grants the ability to kill one Survivor, who has been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

Green Mori: Grants the ability to kill two Survivors, who have been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

Purple Mori: Grants the ability to kill three Survivors, who have been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

Pink Mori: Grants the ability to kill all Survivors, who have been hooked once, by your hand during the next trial.

At least then it'd be up in the air as to which Mori you know the Killer is running and how much "OH NO" you have to be once he doesn't kill the first person down or hooks the second person. That said, they should all be relatively rare even for their respective rarities.

Uhm... interesting! I like that well-ordered progression. The Devs should only check if it's balanced or not, maybe some survivors' offerings could be buffed in return.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited November 2018

i would like to see some changes too.
    maybe they could even add new ones?
    for example:

• common mori - allows you to kill the last suvivor during a trial
    • uncommon mori - you become obsessed with a survivor. allows you to kill your obsession, once he has been hooked during the trial
    • rare mori - allows you to kill a survivor who has been hooked during the trial
    • very rare mori - allows you to kill two survivors who have been hooked in the next trial
    • ultra rare mori - allows you to kill every survivor, who has been hooked during the trial

also it would be nice if you could always mori the last person, regardless of weather you hooked him or not with the red mori.

• Entità
    @Mister_xD Your progression is interesting, too, and maybe more balanced than Aerys's.
  • Aerys
    edited November 2018

@Mister_xD
    I think you're right, mori'ing the last person oughta be default since it ain't like they're going to wiggle off your shoulders (well, maybe, but very unlikely). I do like that you incorporated the obsession in there, take that you damn DS user!

@Entità
    We definitely need more proper progression on both Addons for Killers and Offerings in general. Right now there just isn't and it's bad in design to be honest. Also my Mori progression idea was just off the top of my head so I didn't take time to balance or really think about it xD

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

Killers literally whining about BNP saying it ends the game too fast and here they are asking for mori buffs.. You dumb ass killers do nothing but tunnel and camp the ######### out of survivors and think its fun to have survivors die with 3k points? boohoo but only nerf BNP.

Mori's dont need a buff they need to be deleted.

• Entità
    @Shadoureon I'll tell you a secret: I play 70% as a survivor and 30% as a killer. :)

Nowadays there are things far worse than Moris: they are not scary anymore, so should be reworked.
  • Aerys

@Shadoureon
    I'd be fine if they were deleted, but one reason they're good is exactly because Gen rushing happens so quick, ie it's rushed. It doesn't even allow for the Survivors or Killer to cap out their categories, it's a waste of exp and loading time. That's why Mori helps a Killer catch up in a sense, speeds up their kills so they can stay in the game rather than have it end quicker.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@Aerys said:
    @Shadoureon
    I'd be fine if they were deleted, but one reason they're good is exactly because Gen rushing happens so quick, ie it's rushed. It doesn't even allow for the Survivors or Killer to cap out their categories, it's a waste of exp and loading time. That's why Mori helps a Killer catch up in a sense, speeds up their kills so they can stay in the game rather than have it end quicker.

So its fine for a survivor to die with 3k points but not for a killer to get genrushed and still leave with 15k points? Kinda double standards if you ask me.

• Aerys

@Shadoureon
    I have an entire thread dedicated to that;
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/29714/quick-fix-bloodpoint-disparity
    so no I don't believe I have double standards.

• apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

Considering that offerings are a way to bargain with the entity, these changes would make the lore associated with the moris somewhat awkward. The cypress mori asks, can I kill just the last one? Ivory, can I choose the one I kill? Ebony, it's my birthday.

About the cypress mori being uesless, I've had some good experiences with it:

Two survs left, slug the one that's been hooked, hook the other, return to mori the slug.

Standing on top of the hatch to force survs to stand at the edge of it, they show their back to taunt, if you can down them in one hit they fall too far forwrd to use the hatch right away and give you just enough time to mori.

• Entità
    @apropos The lore would be adjusted to match the new Moris mechanic. :)
  • e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

Survivor perk: "See hidden Mori Offerings so you can leave the match before it begins" - totally worth that perk slot

Less toxic crutch more nuanced tactical involved thought.