Longer Queue Times

Symbiotic
Symbiotic Member Posts: 7
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

Since the start of the Vial event queue times went from around 5 minutes to 10 - 20 minutes for killers, at first it was chopped up to more people playing killer for the event, but the event was over for a couple of days now. While the queue times still seem affected. Anyone else know why the sudden change from survivor mains to killer mains // the rise of so many killers, that queue times are longer than actual matches? I know that the queue times are affected by the amount of killers to survivor ratio, there's always been an queue time but it was always worth it, but now it's just so insanely long. Did they change how matchmaking happens again?

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

My guess is that the matchmaking still bugged.
    I simply do not believe that just everybody switched to killer, that's just a fake argument to encourage to nerf killer again.

• Symbiotic
    Symbiotic Member Posts: 7

@Wolf74 said:
    My guess is that the matchmaking still bugged.
    I simply do not believe that just everybody switched to killer, that's just a fake argument to encourage to nerf killer again.

Well I know a while ago, and I mean a while long before Freddy was in the game they switched match-making up to give more fair games, and then they reverted it back because queue times were outrageous.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    It was fine post-patch but before the event.

Event made it really bad. So yeah some of that was fue to nectar.

I have to agree its not perfect afterwards but it's better than during the event. Perhaps because so many survivors deranked to farm nectar that its quiet at the top? Or maybe after being forced to play killer a lot of survivors grew to love it? 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

If it takes too long, chances are high that the lobby is bugged (unless you are high rank).
    At green ranks my queue times are fine.

Dont forget that most survivors ended at rank 15 after the event

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Master said:
    If it takes too long, chances are high that the lobby is bugged (unless you are high rank).

I am willing to bet that Rank Reset might help solve alot of these issues we are experiencing.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SadonicShadow said:

@Master said:

I am willing to bet that Rank Reset might help solve alot of these issues we are experiencing.

I will take a break as usual after rank reset :wink:
    If you rank up after reset very fast, then queue times will be insane too

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@Master said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Master said:

I will take a break as usual after rank reset :wink:
    If you rank up after reset very fast, then queue times will be insane too

Play sub optimally always give hatch to the last survivor so to limit double pip scenarios. Its kinda messed up how ranking up is a punishment in dbd with no benefit.