Anybody else getting sweaty matches as killer lately?

I'm not sure what's going on, but recently whenever I play as Killer most of the time im getting really sweaty, unfun matches and it really sucks. Now, im no stranger to sweaty matches as I have ~1500 hours in the game but its still painfully unfun. Even if I win these matches I don't get any satisfaction or fun from it. And because I've been getting such sweaty matches I have to bring meta perks and killers I'm good with, otherwise I'll just lose.

Survivor isn't much fun either, I've been getting even worse teammates than before.

Is anybody else getting much more sweatier games or am I just getting extremely unlucky?

Comments

• poomanchu
    poomanchu Member Posts: 242

Today? Why yes I have. It’s been a real sweat fest. I wanted to play around with some off meta perks, on some off meta killers, but I’ve just been pulverized when doing so.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Honestly I had pretty bad survivors today. MMR is active I guess

• fray1919
    fray1919 Member Posts: 199
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266

Unfortunately, I think the new rank reset to 20 that's coming is going to lead to more sweaty players on both sides more often/constantly as everybody wants to rank up for the extra bloodpoints.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited March 2021

After about 9 pm est, playing as rank 1 killer, nearly every single game I get is mostly green and brown ranks who don't loop and install throw pallets. It's like clockwork and so bizarre. This has been happening for months now.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

I honestly think MMR has been turned on in secret because whenever I play Wraith or Plague I get the sweatiest matches possible but when i take time to practice Hag i get survivors that are more at the same level I am on Hag rather than the level I'm on as wraith and plague.

• Chchchcheryl

No one said they hate it but it just becomes a bit intense. Killer is a full on role as it is if you try and meme or have fun/be nice for even 10 seconds that's basically a lost game, ESPECIALLY on lower tier killers.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 627

What? I'm not asking for the game to be made easier for anybody, I'm just saying that lately I've been encountering really sweaty games where I need to also be sweaty, which isn't fun. I've had sweaty matches before, but never this consistently.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

Can agree. I have to stop playing survivor after around 10 because I can’t carry 2-3 yellow ranks with a red rank Stridor spirit or a forever freddy.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Most people want the game to generally be easier because it's a party game, not a competitive one. Both sides are valid in this, however.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited March 2021

this was my experience on the UK server before I quit for a while. haven't tried killer since coming back, and only played the game a handful of times but I'm curious to see how it is now that so many people are complaining that it's suddenly really sweaty, which isn't always fun. That said, I've also deranked to green given I haven't been playing so long, so I expect it to be easy to begin with unless I'm playing offpeak times.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

I have as well. I had my first 3 of 5 matches with survivors burning for Haddonfield and with least 1 survivor burning offering for fewer hook spawns.

1 of 5 survivors burned for ormond but I 3k'd anyway (though not honorably).

1 of 5 felt normal. Survivors weren't throwing or meming but it felt less like a coordinated assault of 4 players with 5000 hrs. (You know the difference in these because you give a survivor hatch instead of hitting their corpse with angry compulsion til the entity takes it away).

Seriously though. Yes very rough today.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yeah the heat got turned way up recently, I've been getting battered as killer 😅

I've also had better teammates as survivor, my kill rate has crashed but my escape rate has soared. It's like the self carers and urban evaders have just been swept away to another dimension...

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

It low key feels like their broken mmr that's made us miserable in the past.

Where it uses statistics to put killers with more hrs vs only 3 or 4 man swf.

I often meme, farm (with all others), for fun and ALWAYS versing survivors that are super coordinated makes this impossible. So we all lose on a fun scale.

• FrostySeal

My bad, I guess what I meant to say is that in my recent matches the survivors have been really efficient on objectives which means I also have to be really efficient and even though its not bad to have a sweaty game once in a while, getting it consistently is a headache.

• FrostySeal

Sweaty for me would be when people no longer play the game to have fun or enjoy it, but just to win. Granted, not all the players I played against were sweaty but they were extremely efficient on gens which means I had to play very efficiently which isn't very fun for me or the survivors. It's not bad when I get it sometimes but getting it super consistently makes the game become very unfun.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Same.

I was playing Blight and only Blight for a few days solid, every game I play as him now is pretty tough and usually almost all red ranks (I'm purple rank 7).

I was cycling back through other Killers I haven't played in a short while such as Oni and Legion, and it was mostly players who can loop for 10 seconds max and dead hard in to walls.

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395

I usually get 95% easy free win matches vs babies, as of recently I've actually been getting difficult matches and many have 0/1 gens left, I've definitely felt a different matchmaking experience in the 1-2w or so

• Chchchcheryl

Yeah I went back to PH after talking about him here yesterday for a couple games and I came across the most boosted red and purple rank survivors I've ever seen.

The claud that watched one too many juke montages, a dwight that just did gens in my face, every hook he had was a grab, I never even got to chase him. The Ace had some of the worst dead hards I've ever seen and the Yui insta dropped every pallet she saw no matter how much distance she had on me.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

Its feels more sweaty. But i played earlier as usual. Its more interesting that i got worse survivor when i played nurse. Im still learning nurse on console and so it makes sense that the game gives me weaker survivor if they are testing the MMR right now.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

I guess the devs are messing around with the MMR again, meanwhile they still haven't released it back into the game yet and it's been six months since it's been disabled.

• JPA

It's almost shocking when you come across baby survivors after many games of playing difficult teams. There was this one Claud I felt so bad for after pulling her off 2 gens I had to shepherd her to the hatch but I don't think she knew what a hatch was and bled out on the floor on top of it. 😥

• fray1919

How do you know they're not playing for fun and happen to be winning against you too?

• JPA

Rank 20, running self care

She self-cared in my face too and I just watched fondly.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,498

If i play as a killer I don't usually I get rainbow ranks, (im rank 1 killer), if I play someone who I play a lot like Oni I get only red ranks, makes me think MMR is on

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

Yesterday (the 5th) I was having a ton of fun playing killer.

Today (6th) almost every game had a Rank 1 and it felt like I was constantly getting 3 man SWFs all day. It was horrible

• FrostySeal

Because I personally asked some of them if they were playing for fun and they said they weren't because they were getting Killers who were tunneling and camping them.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Green rank killer and I'm getting 2-4 red rank stomp-squads ever game. Even on Nurse, who I've played all of 4 times, I get a fully bully squad of ultra pros. MMR ain't on, it's just that all the pro survivors came back to the game after they gave Survivors their zero-lag 360s back.

• fray1919
  • Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365

Yes. Almost every game is a complete gen rush lately. I've had to pause on playing Ghostface to play Blight instead.

• Sangotunk
    Sangotunk Member Posts: 46

That's why I only play anti-loops killers (hag, pyramid head, twins) to have at least a chance to fight back against gen speed.

• Bastard_Disaster
    Bastard_Disaster Member Posts: 33

Yeah, hadn't played killer in a while so went back but all I got was 4 man swf squads with insta heals and matching meta perks.

Flashlight clicking all the way to the exit gates.

I'm just trying to do better as killer guys, you don't need to all run around flashlight clicking because you know you've won, holding the game hostage at one gen left.

• Javo
    Javo Member Posts: 1

HI I've been playing this game for two weeks now. I mostly play as a killer if i don't have friends to party with. I'm currently rank 13 as killer (a noob, no experience at all), during the day the game matches me with people close to my rank (which they are fun trials), but after around 6pmest its crazy survivors are all rank 8 or less making the experience not fun at all (gens done in under 5 mins not a single hook), is horrible. they have to fix how matchmaking works asap because it will make people stop playing and spending money on the game, not to say that is already a pay to win game.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

As I play killer almost every game I've been getting survivors that bring keys a crap ton of toolboxes and map offerings and it's very annoying because I just wanna play the game and play bp offerings but now I see myself bringing Noed and Mori's more often.

I've also been getting lobbies where some survivors are last second switching to keys or to already pre-made characters with sweaty builds.

As survivor I've been getting such bad teammates and It hurts to lose when your team is going down so easy and some are still disconnecting or killing themselves on hook just because they don't like the killer they're playing against.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716

Yup had a game earlier against a swf that brought a key, map offering and a offering for hatch to spawn in main building.

Was very annoying.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

If anything, I'm getting the exact opposite.

• poomanchu
    poomanchu Member Posts: 242

Dude, every time you get mad at a SWF, just remember how funny they look when they go into the dying state. Have you noticed the animation when a survivor goes into the dying state? They almost spin in the air, freakin hilarious!

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

Yeah, both as survivor and killer. You have to bring your worst every match, and it's not fun. People say killer tunnel and camp less at red ranks, but that's not the case. Even if I 'm able to escape, it's just a waste of time.

As killer, it's a pain also. But I think that's the result of getting close to the red ranks (or being matched with them, as killer).

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I've just had 5 matches in a row against 3 man swfs with OoO. One of them was even nice enough to send me to Midwitch as trapper. I'm starting to feel more and more like killer is just their punch bag for their fun. I could care less if I win or lose. I just want to enjoy myself too but lately it seems impossible.

• fray1919

In those cases, what can the solo survivor do to help you have fun?

Serious question.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Doesn't have to be solo survivor. I'm not saying every SWF is out to ruin the fun but when your going against constant teams who slam out gens like there's no tommorow it gets boring fast. I don't play to win but it'd be nice to actually get a chance to get some points at least and have a match last longer than 5 minutes for a change.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

I've noticed that all of the sudden playing killer is the worst online experience you can have on any game lately...they feel super slow and survivor's are taunting and toying with you and have a thousand jungle gym loops and pallets and I have almost 2000 hours in game. I'm rank 13 killer facing all rank 1-6 SWF teams it feels like and I can't gain ground on them? I feel it when playing survivor too since I can all the sudden loop, 360, and lose the killer? It's so bad I don't think I can even play killer anymore unless it's a few key killers since the others are so ridiculously terrible now? Anyone else noticing this?

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

MMR is active again which basically means as soon as you get a 3k as killer you will be facing the top tier thousand hour sweat lord swfs

• fray1919

I'm sorry, I mean that you said it was 3 man SWF groups, which means one person in there was a solo survivor. I usually play solo survivor, so if I find myself in a game like that where I suspect (because I can't know) that the other three are in a group, what can I do to help you?