Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How many safe pallets should a map have?

TicTac
TicTac Member Posts: 2,405

Looping around safe pallets is not really engaging. I play most of the time with windows of oppurtunity and when the killer has not a good chase power i know exactly how long i can loop him without risk. Its boring. The chase ends when i have no pallets anymore.

I prefer Hawkins with more but weaker pallets. I need to use my brain to chain them and use them to not get hit. There should be only few safe pallets. It should hurt to waste them.

Its far more interesting then to play safe pallet ressource manager. I know there are some maps where i have many pallets which are safe (the Game) but thats even more boring bc then i dont even need to think about ressource managing.

But whats your opinion on that? How many safe pallets should a map have?

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Like 1 or 2 if the map is small. If the map is big, more unsafe pallets pls.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,524

1 is enough.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Hell if I know

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Ok max 2-3

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

I think maybe 4? Just make them super spread out so you can't just chain them back to back.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

in preschool the preschool is a death trap, those pallets, once gone, are almost certain death for a survivor

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

I find that it really just depends. It's very possible to lose a killer in there too and the killer is also forced into losing time with the good ol' holding w.

• REL1_C
    REL1_C Member Posts: 619
    edited March 2021

On every map, there should just be 1 "With no mind game" pallet. This would be a balanced design, strong pallets will still exists so survivors have no right to complain. The killer shack is still a thing, same with Jungle Gyms.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited March 2021

1, maybe 2.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

None, defeats the purpose of avoiding the killer. The more safety provided the less value the interaction.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Pallets that are completely safe with no mindgame are boring, I'd get rid of all them personally. Reasons why the new Game map is one of the most hated maps now, almost every pallet on that map is completely safe with no counterplay.

• M1Trapper
    M1Trapper Member Posts: 27

I’ve been saying this forever, we need more shack structures were both sides have equal opportunity to mind game the other side and who is better or luckier wins and more TL walls. I know people here don’t like when you say anything as killer about pallets or maps but I play survivor very good and loop very good and it’s getting boring even for me as survivor having TL walls lead into long walls and that jungle gym into shack.

Maps are very poorly designed and you shouldn’t be rewarded as a ######### looper with 30 safe pallets, if you can’t loop stick to gens or stop crouching and camping lockers.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited March 2021

I'd say it should be a third/third/third scenario.

A third of the pallet shoukd be strong, safe pallets that the killer has to break. Maybe one or two can be god pallets in hallways, the rest should be maze tiles or larger junk tiles.

A third of the pallets should be playable, like most of the car pallets, rock loops and smaller junk tiles.

A third of the pallets should be unsafe, you know the kind: if you don't get the stun, you're getting hit. Some of them should be like the pallet on the corner of Ironworks, where it's strong if you run around the building to chain the window but weak in every other respect.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Zero.