A fun choice!

TheEliteTurtle
TheEliteTurtle Member Posts: 108
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

If you could pick 1 new licensed killer from one series, a licensed survivor from another series, and then a map from yet another series, what would you pick for each and why?

EDIT: It can be from a videogame, book, or something else. Not just movies.

Comments

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Art the clown from terrifier... Watch it to understand .
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited November 2018

Killer? Ginosaji. Easy. A worthwhile joke character that can't hook (Instead stands the survivor up, then hits them with the spoon, resuming the hellish chase!), but has a rapid fire spoon attack, and spoon throw with zero movement penalty. Can only do chip damage (He'd have to hit someone for maybe 9 hours straight before they go into dying state) and is only visible to the person being hit.
    Perfect for obsession builds. can seek, and teleport to victims quickly, and run with survivors clubbing them mercilessly unless they can hide, but that is just temporary relief!
    Gets mad points from hitting people.

Survivor? Kirsty Cotton from the early Hellraiser movies. Final girls generally rock. I don't think Tiffany Cox from the FT13th game would count, but her if she does.

Map: The bar and surrounding areas from The Feast. A more modern, colorful place with a multi story building.

That's just off the top of my head.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Krampus, snowy neighborhood or multistory mansion with snow falling in.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Jack the Ripper...a victorian town with back alleys and pubs.

• DrVonKrumm
    DrVonKrumm Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2018

For a survivor I’d have to choose Ash from The Evil Dead. Obviously not when he has a chainsaw on his arm though lol. I did post some perk ideas for him in another thread on the fan creations section...

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/29380/evil-dead-dlc#latest

... overall I think he’d be a good addition to the game.

As for a map, I’d have to go with the Overlook Hotel from The Shining. I think it would be an awesome map with a generator in the main hall that when it’s powered will light up the room and show all of Jack Torrance’s writings of “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” on the walls. Apart from that it could be a large maze like map that also features the kitchen and some open rooms, maybe a second floor too like The Game has.

Post edited by DrVonKrumm on
  • Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513
    edited November 2018

Killer is a tough choice: Going for Julie Walker from Return of the Living Dead Part III. Almost went for Pinhead or Sadako.

Survivor: Lena from Annihilation (yeah, I just want Natalie Portman)

Map: Shipwreck Cove from Pirates of the Carribean. (You never said horror series). Lots of cool layout possibilities (angled floors, hiding places etc.) in a map made up of broken ships.
    OR the shopping mall from Day of the Dead.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Pinhead as killer Frank as survivor. Map would be the house he solved the cube, with an underground area being a Labyrinth

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Cat in the hat. His power would be to just pull out a bunch of random ######### out of his hat to kill the survivors. 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531
    I'd love to see Chucky in an apartment building type of map, maybe split between three floors with stairs and fire escapes linking them together. Maybe even an out of service elevator that you can hop through the hatch of to drop down a floor.

As for a survivor, I'm a bit rusty on those movies, but I believe the mother would be the best fit.
  • TheBasement
    TheBasement Member Posts: 7

skjor as killer and dorjn as a survivor with a old snow covered mineshaft as a map

• TheBasement

@TheBasement said:
    skjor as killer and dorjn as a survivor with a old snow covered mineshaft as a map

if anyone needs me to explain i will

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 333

@not_Queen said:
    Can I even participate in these?

Personal opinion:
    A crawling Grudge-type killer would be scary!
    Prison map?

*Chapter X leak*

• TheBasement

@not_Queen said:

Personal opinion:
    Prison map?

i like it though i wish skjor was in the game if you could get the license for him

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    edited November 2018

What licensed character would I like added? Well I'm going to continue to show my support for good old Pumpkinhead!

http://pumpkinhead.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkinhead_Wiki

Edit: Him and his suvivor.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    The raptor known as the big one from Jurassic park 1. With Alan grant as survivor or malcom, on Isla sorna
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2018

As killer a Cenobite from Hellraiser because they are creepy af and would fit the game, Ellen Ripley as survivor because she's though and she's THE survivor, and for the map I'd love the hotel from Shining, snowy labirynth included.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    Killer: Sam from Trick or Treat

Survivor: Sebastian from Evil Within

Map: Sanatorium from Until Dawn.
  • TheEliteTurtle

@not_Queen said:

Personal opinion:
    Prison map?

My number one choice for maps would also have to be a prison; hands down. Especially like an Alcatraz island map.There's just something about the "No one escapes alive" kind of vibe prisons have.

• TheEliteTurtle

@Peanits said:
    I'd love to see Chucky in an apartment building type of map, maybe split between three floors with stairs and fire escapes linking them together. Maybe even an out of service elevator that you can hop through the hatch of to drop down a floor.

As for a survivor, I'm a bit rusty on those movies, but I believe the mother would be the best fit.

How would Chucky hook someone?

• TheEliteTurtle
    edited November 2018

I never posted my own thoughts so:
    Killer: Springtrap
    Survivor: Anything really
    Map: Prison

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    the creature from "splinter" 
    Heather Mason from Silent Hill

and for the map I would prefer something along the lines of Raccoon City. A destroyed city with burning vehicle wreckage, dark alleys, and maybe a block worth of a little park to run through.
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

@DrVonKrumm said:
    As for a map, I’d have to go with the Overlook Hotel from The Shining and show all of Jack Torrance’s writings of “all work and no play makes Jack a dull bot” on the walls.

All script and no plot makes Jack a dull bot

• KillJiggy
    KillJiggy Member Posts: 165

Survivor? JFK
    Killer? Jeff the Killer
    Map? An abandoned water/theme park

• TheEliteTurtle

@KillJiggy said:
    Survivor? JFK
    Killer? Jeff the Killer
    Map? An abandoned water/theme park

Beautiful!

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Whenever these conversations come up, all I can ever think of is PUMPKINHEAD!!!

However, being a sucker for 8ft tall Demons, I would also really dig seeing RAWHEAD REX!!!

Survivor - Steve Harrington from Stranger Things!!! I saw this on Reddit and thought it was The Best idea EVER!!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7i58xt/stranger_things_chapter_concept/

Map - A Supermarket would be kickass! :)

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684
    edited November 2018
    I thought a lot about a Wendigo as a killer, currently looking like one from "Until Dawn", or as native american folklore, with scary deer head. He will have some perks like imitating survivor to attract them..

As a survivor, I think about Sarah Connor from Terminator movies ( Note that the Terminator will make a cool killer too ) because she represents a strong and mature woman, not a young one totally "horror movie cliché"

And for a map, a petrol boat will be a cool idea with moving camera as the sea waves goes... but quite hard to put the exit gates theres lol

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

@TheEliteTurtle said:

@Peanits said:

That's a good question. He's probably need his own animation for that. Maybe tying their arms behind the bottom of the hook.

That or he could Space Jam it and the survivors could get dunked on.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Jed said:
    What licensed character would I like added? Well I'm going to continue to show my support for good old Pumpkinhead!

http://pumpkinhead.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkinhead_Wiki

Edit: Him and his suvivor.

This.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Peanits said:

nah the older sister from the second

• Rebel_Raven
    Peanits said:

@TheEliteTurtle said:

@Peanits said:

That's a good question. He's probably need his own animation for that. Maybe tying their arms behind the bottom of the hook.

That or he could Space Jam it and the survivors could get dunked on.

Maybe he could use a rope looped over the hook, and sorta reel them in with a pulley sort of motion?

Or a more fun idea, imo, the entity gives him a toy catapult that launches them onto the hook?
  • EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334
    The Tall-Man from Phantasam.  He could use the spheres as a weapon and a mori. Survivor would have to say Pee Wee Herman and for the map a funeral home/crypt
  • Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2018

What better killer(s) for the winter saison then GREMLINS of course

Survivor might be the old asian dude in the curio shop (because DBD have only a few old characters). His power should be Mogwai related (go fetch this, go find that, sing to distract the killer, ...)

New item: THE MOGWAI. Take Gizmo in your backpack and find other survivors more easily. Gizmo hums his lullaby stronger and stronger when closer to a teamate, but he stops singing when in the killer's terror radius. With add-ons Gizmo might give some buffs to each survivor close enough earing his song.

The map would be the mall in the Gremlin 1 movie.
    (But hey seriously I'd support Pinehead in Leaviathan's Maze).

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@Peanits said:

Same way he dragged and hung people up? Superhuman strength and pulley systems!
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@GT_Legend2 said:
    What about
    hear me out in this...

Patchy the Pirate

Are ya ready kids?!
    I can't hear you!
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I want Robbie Rotten from Lazy town

You tell me this creep sneaking up behind you wouldn't give you nightmares.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2018

@TheEliteTurtle said:
    If you could pick 1 new licensed killer from one series, a licensed survivor from another series, and then a map from yet another series, what would you pick for each and why?

EDIT: It can be from a videogame, book, or something else. Not just movies.

If I had to pick stuff out of bias my picks would be (With no connection to each other)

Survivor - n/a
    Killer - Caleb - (One Whole Unit: Blood)
    Map - Derceto Manor (Alone in the Dark) OR Spencer Mansion (Resident Evil)

Having Caleb in any game would be pretty cool since he's a bad guy anyways. If I had to have a map designed around Caleb it would either be the first map e1m1 with the graveyard or the carnival map

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    Alien and Goku in Teletubbieland
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

Killer: Chris Walker (Outlast)
    Survivor: James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)
    Map: Brennenburg Castle (Amnesia: The Dark Descent)

• Rebel_Raven
    edited November 2018
    Let's do a dead rising cross over! 
    Have a mall level, a few of the survivors Frank, and others, vs some of the psychopaths as killers!
    Maybe neutral zombies to deal with. Sorta like angry corn that killers can chop down, and get points.

But I mostly just want a bright, shiny mall level. Haha

Maybe Cousin Fred the barber from Courage the cowardly dog?
    ALL DWITGHTS WILL BE BALD!!
    Post edited by Rebel_Raven on
  • MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    edited November 2018
    Judas Breed from Mimic please. The fear of bugs is too strong to not play off of.