Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Gen rushing or bad at pressure?

TauNkosi
TauNkosi Member Posts: 282

From my understanding, gen rushing is when a coordinated team uses everything at their disposal to complete gens as quickly and efficiently as possible. Perks, toolboxes etc.

I just played a game against a legion who did a terrible job at pressuring gens, using her power like 3 times the whole game. Before we knew it, the gates were in like 5 minutes even though everyone was on a different gen. As you can expect, she camped the first person she downed and left with two kills. She then accused us of gen rushing despite the fact we were NOT a coordinated team. I pointed out how she didn't even use her power and how we all on diff gens. Said it didn't matter cause the map was #########. In her eyes, we gen rushed but I say she suck at pressuring gens. Her power is literally ment to get people off gens, making them waste time mending and healing.

Comments

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

There will be killer who will blame others. As both surv and killer main however I can say that gen rush is a thing but in your scenario from my point there is no gen rush. As a killer when I see 2-4 toolboxes I will know that it is gonna be gen rush. Other than that it is a strategy like camping,tunneling and slugging but even more innocent than this methods. Play the game as you like and most of the time just say "GG WP or GG" and pass the chat. Most of the people at the chats are not happy to lose and they will be salty to other side.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,370

I think most times when people complain about gen rushing, they weren't applying enough pressure. It's simply much easier to blame the game than to admit your own mistakes.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,222

A lot of killers get carried by bad survivors and then yell "gen rush" when they run into survivors who actually do their objective. They're either failing at chases or taking a bad loadout.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

"I pointed out how she didn't even use her power and how we all on diff gens"

It's quicker when the team rushes different gens than if they focus single gens, as you add extra people to a gen, it gets repaired quicker, but its not at a 2x rate for 2 people, 3x rate for 3 people, it drops off a bit each time.

Therefore it's quicker when you have multiple people concurrently on different gens. Just pointing that out as your point was that you were on different gens means you weren't rushing.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

Some people are starting to change the meaning of gen rushing to mean being too efficient on gens.

It's like how tunneling is starting to mean being pressured by the killer too much. Right now I think it's already moved to mean getting in chase with a survivor who has been hooked in the past 2 minutes.

I'm talking catch all terms since the meaning keeps expanding to include more and more scenarios.

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649

I remember a match where they did 3 gens in less than 2 minutes.... That one was..... Yikes! Most times its me either not downing people fast enough or playing way too nice.