Cheaters -DDOSS/Hacker/Etc.

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I go on these forums everyday, play all platforms, and have been playing since about release back in 2016. A problem I've always had is that when playing at night I face a plethora of cheaters (especially when I play console) and I know how to stomp cheaters pretty easily when they get cocky since I play erractily and make questionable decisions, but besides reporting I am still unsure as to what to do when someone shuts off my wifi or something like that. Is this common for other players to face nonsense like this every 50 games or so? Straight up under the floor or super fast hackers are annoying but there are methods to deal with them. Is there any advice on how to not have people get super upset and straight up kick me from games? I dont really camp tunnel or slug unless needed and I try to let everyone have a good time since I don't play for BP or rank, just fun.

Comments

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

If you are 100% sure someone is DDOSSing you, report it to the police.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

I’ve found hackers on crossplay, but why are you blaming console? How does one hack a PS4? I’m sure it could be done, but if it exists the percentage of hackers is only a sliver of a fraction of what’s on PC. I’d sooner blame your console’s wifi connection cutting out all on its own.

• paperbooy
    paperbooy Member Posts: 7

Oh I'm sorry I must have misspoke. I face hackers through crossplay while playing ps4 but my connection is cut out more while I play PC and I dont know jack about computers but whenever I have my friends help they say its not my wifi. Its pretty rare but Sometimes it does seem really sus and I was just wondering if that ever happens to people. I honestly thought someone just had my wifi password and was messing with me but when I got new wifi it still happens at night and I tried researching if my wifi has outrages late at night and couldn't find anything particular about that

• paperbooy
    paperbooy Member Posts: 7

Thanks for the reply, and thats just it though I am not 100% positively sure so I dont want to cause an issue but sometimes its worse than others. Like I understand the occasional wifi drop on my end but is there any way to be sure it was them? Like I play alot of games but dead by daylight makes me feel like I'm playing COD or something. Sometimes my wifi will go out for hours after a player goes afk after I was winning but I dont feel completely confident that they did something especially because it has happened more than once since I play so often. I face hackers alot more on console but when I play PC at night I deal with what I think is DDosing alot more.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,978

The only way you can actually tell if you've been DDOS'd is with your ISP - they will have the information.

It's actually incredibly rare and not easy to do now with dedicated servers and having all information encrypted, the most likely thing is that as you are playing on wifi, your wifi dropped signal slightly.