People refusing to play the game against certain killers

CLAUDETTEINABUSH
CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
edited April 25 in General Discussions

As a hybrid player I've been in both sides and noticed that if a killer or their build is unlikeable then survivors will simply not play. Either dc, afking, griefing or killing themselves on hook, it's kinda bizzare. But no one really comments on that because you simply kill them and get easy bloodpoints. If I play Hag, odds are that I'll have a normal game. If I use rusty shackles because I wanna try a funny build like ultimate totem protector hag, then I won't manage to get it to work since most teams will simply give up. If I play pig I'll have a normal gamez but if I switch to spirit or deathslinger for a daily, then I'll get faced with 4 dcs.

But, again, I don't see anyone commenting on it. I can kinda see why someone wouldn't enjoy versing a forever Freddy, but actively giving up results in the other 4 players having a boring game.

But that's simply, my opinion

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

I haven't seen a survivor grief/afk because they don't like the killer in months, but I see people kill themselves daily. You can't do much about it as the killer, I usually give the last survivor hatch in those situations so at least they don't depip.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

You can escape and still depip but it is kind of you.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,270

"I can kinda see why someone wouldn't enjoy versing a forever Freddy"

When I use this build, no one ever gives up. But then again, I only run Forever Freddy if someone is holding a key, and this players are so confident in their little "key escape" that I doubt they would ever give up, even if they are playing against the strongest killers.

As a survivor, it will take A LOT for me to DC. Not even the killer I hate most, Ghostface, is enough to make me give up.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Not all killers are appealing to every player on both sides. Some killer players find playing Hag boring, some survivor players find versing Spirit boring. Some people just give up bc they were found first. As much as I hate DC and suiciders no one should be forced to play a match they don't want to.

Not everyone is equipped with the emotional or psychological baggage to deal with adverse conditions and sometimes people are just having a bad day. This weekend (Saturday, I am not sure) 3 out of the 5 games I played had DCs. One survivor was having connection issues during the whole match and 2 killers.

When a killer DCs, the impact is lessened by the fact that the match stops. When a survivor DCs, all remaining players remain in the game and have to deal with it. Also, just by sheer numbers, it is 4 times more likely a survivor will DC.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I'll try my best against any killer other than spirit. As soon as I realise I'm against a spirit I run at them and point at the hook so I can move onto the next match ASAP.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

Funny thing there is 68% kill rate = ~ 2.5 kill average. So basically just above tying. The best killer in the game has an average kill rate of 75% aka 3 k average at all ranks. How OP

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

I can’t be mad or I’d be too hypocritical, I mean I lobby dodge P3 Claudettes and consider a quick DC or first hook suicide as the equivalent. I mean, If I couldn’t see survivors and the first two people I see are Claudette then...bye!

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

I find it so funny when people talk about how much they hate nurse/spirit every time they face them. These people just hear that these killers are OP, and kind of just give up. Against average red rank survivors, these killers are OP in the hands of a good killer. However, most players playing these killers aren't that good, and are incredibly predictable and easy to bait. People double back far too often vs nurse, and even more often vs spirit. My point being, people get mad at certain killers, when the people playing that killer aren't that good most of the time. I would never DC out of a game just because of a specific killer, but my least favorite killers to face are Twins, Deathslinger, and Hag (Hag is only for solo queue). None of these killers are even close to being OP, but they are so oppresive in certain ways that it's a problem. A Hag who knows what they're doing will decimate literally and solo q team, same goes for twins. The difference between the two is that twins have less counterplay, but Hag has stronger potential. Deathslinger is actually quite a weak killer, but he is so oppresive in the right hands that I just despise him. I would never DC out of a match because of it though, because I respect the other players in the game enough to not ruin their experiences.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

All I can do is shake my head disapprovingly.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

It happens way too much for no reason when I play Wraith

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

The only one for me that i will instantly give up on is a decent huntress running iri head + infantry belt. I will try and play against iri head but that combo is borked.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

Ok so let me get this straight: survivors suiciding or giving up against certain killers is bad but killers lobby dodging for whatever reason isn't?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Both are a no-no IMO (except for when a player leaves the lobby because the ping is horrendous).

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46

Doc with a The Game offering. Nope I'm quiting. What's the point wasting 15 minutes when you know the outcome from the start.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited March 2021

To me that's a bit different. Killers should dc or go afk for any reason at all (but I can understand going afk against particularly toxic survivors or if they refuse to play the game actually) but I can definetly understand certain lobby dodging like a team of all keys, all flashlights, or if its clear they are all swfs (like have the same name essentially or reference one another).

Personally I'll still play no matter what unless a team is being toxic or I get shut down hard early on ill just mess around. It also a little bit depends on if I played a couple games in a row of all keys, flashlights or swfs which happens often. It gets old 3 games back to back of it

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Just to make clear, I am not defending the quitters. But saying that others need to toughen up, or just pay for better connection is oversimplifying the issues in this case. Git Gud™ is a meme.

DBD has a core getaway mechanic (suicide on hook) and is freaking snowbally. Player retention needs to be stimulated, that is why I now defend catch-up mechanics such as NOED and Hatch. They give the losing side hope on turning the tides of the match. Most of the killer and survivors DCs I see happen when the situation turns grim to them at the start of the match.

If you only play killer you can only experience other players' DCs when a survivor does it, but if you play survivor you see them both.

And regarding the good internet connections, have a little bit of empathy. I versed a killer a long time ago whose connection ruined the match for me and, salty as I was, I just took my leave bc I can't expect a guy in Venezuela to have a low ping in NA servers. He is the one that has to deal with that issue daily, not me.

• Azeroth
    Azeroth Member Posts: 66

I just dont want play against broken killer like ghostface (stalking even if u stay in front of him and bum exposed) or spirit with stridor.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,260
    edited March 2021

Freddy is the only killer that makes me click on Leave match with all my might. but I'm staying and suffering for the points.

The play style is so exhausting and frustrating and that's not fun. no matter who plays him.

I can understand players giving up the game so quickly because probably something specific is boring / annoying. Or they think there is no chance of escaping.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I'd rather just move on to the next game when I'm up against a Forever Freddy, and Generators aren't getting done. Same with High-Tier Nurse Players. Just not much point in those cases. I can be waiting for the next game, and maybe get to actually play. Iri Head Huntress with decent aim fits in there too. Rusty Shackle Hag who traps right at the hook is another. Especially when my teammate gets immediately grabbed before being unhooked. Go ahead, play however you like. You want an insta-win, I'm just making it faster so I can move on and actually, you know, play.

• honk137
    honk137 Member Posts: 9

I'm sorry ghost face... Broken. As if. I main ghostface, you just need to learn to play against him. You only have to look at his entire body for less than 2 seconds. His movement speed is very slow. Just pay better attention

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I feel this mentality is BHVRs fault. Survivor's are used to getting what they want because they are the majority. It's not just killer's and their add ons that cause people to quit. I've had people rage quit because they were the first one to be found. I think we need a penalty for giving up on your first hook. Put in some requirement:

• If your on your first hook, you struggle to kobe and fail, you do not even bother to struggle then you get a dc penalty.
    • If you were on the hook for a good amount of time and you struggled, no penalty. The killer could have been camping or your team just did not attempt the save.
    • If your killed within the first 4 mins of a match, dc penalty. You either suck or you gave up.
    • If your the last 2 people left in a match no penalty. I've gone an entire match without being hooked. It was down to me and one other teammate. I got caught. The killer was doing well so all gens weren't complete. I gave up on the hook so my teammate could find the hatch.
  • WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Not going to lie, I will die on first hook if I go against a slugging and camping twins, or a forever freddy with bad team mates. Those matches are just unbearable to play as solo queue and would rather get on to the next game.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

when a survivor dcs, it ruins the match for 4 people, and a bunch of time is now wasted thanks to the loading time and the rest of the match.

when a killer lobby dodges, the survivors wait an extra 10 seconds for another killer to show up.

these are not even remotely comparable

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2021

If a baby survivor gets matched with a r1 killer the MM needs to be overhauled(truth be told the MM needs it anyway) When people say "What happens if your a newb survivor/killer? That won't be fair" The new player can always git gud. This is why you don't balance around new players.

Ohhh trust me. I have seen even dumber ideas lol

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,270

I am sorry, but I have no memory of such game. I don't think it was me. I am Rank 3, by the way.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Uhh no? You want to DC penalty everyone who gets downed and Bubba face camped?

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2021

The only Killer I’ll hand my life too out of sheer “I don’t want to do this right now” is Freddy.

He’s never fun to face and his arms reach as far as a pool-noodle.

• Azeroth
    Azeroth Member Posts: 66

Try to play as survivor i look on him literally from 100m and he still stalk its a bug probably.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

He has a fixed reveal range of 32 meters that can be altered by add-ons if I remember correctly

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Crybabies, they are everywhere. Fortunately it was greatly reduced after the DC penaltys.

Even if i face a noed Freddy 5 times in a row i don't dc, altought seeing Freddy in every match its a problem that needs to be adreesed. Hes too easy to play and the sleep mechanic is broken, obviously with illusory pallets.. snares suck. He really shouldn't be able to put you to sleep on hits, that breaks all the purpose of clocks.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

They probably like killers that are more interactive like Huntress or Deathslinger.

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 265

Always suicide against The Pig. Screw her and her pretentious mentor.

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

I never d/c intentionally, like others have said you just ruined the game for 4 other players - if you're that fragile you shouldn't be playing at all.

The only reason I would hook-suicide is when I see my team mates not making any effort at all the come and get me (and I'm not being camped). I had a game the other day where they were all quite far away from me so I was patient, eventually one starts running in my direction, only to stop and start on a generator literally about 15m away while I'm about to reach the struggle phase. I nope'd out of there straight away - I'm not going to waste my time playing a game with unhelpful teammates, I'd rather get into another game with ones who have a clue.

I don't play Killer much but have found that as Freddy a lot of people will d/c if hooked first

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,439

i'm just going to say if you refuse to play against a certain killer you are bad at the game.

My theory is that players who suicided / disconnected against Nurse before the automated disconnect bans caused the Nurse players to get better, and that's why she is considered so good. The players who did not suicide / disconnect against Nurse learned to play against Nurse, so the Nurse players only played against Survivors who knew what to do, which then let the Nurse player become better by "training".

Essentially disconnecting against certain killers causes them to miss out on experience, and in turn makes the killer player even better at their character.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Can you blame people for ditching their teammates against Twins? really?.

This discussion has been closed.