People refusing to play the game against certain killers

Comments

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,143
    edited March 2021

I never said you shouldn't play at all. I said you shouldn't play during those 5% of the time.

An exaggerated analogy/metaphor would be if a person infected with corona or any other infect (the bad connection) still knowingly wants to go to a public event (play online games) should have enough common sense to stay at home without being forced (don't play online games without getting forced by timeout or bans).

But suit yourself, this is the internet I can't stop you from doing what you want and this is just an opinion. But don't expect the world to take extra consideration for something like that. It still is your choice/decision to act with the potential to ruin yours AND other peoples fun.

Edit: also to your point of rich vs poor. I have an average wage and can't afford for example a new car/pc/tv or whatever every year or so. So is it unfair that I can't have a new shiny car instead of driving my 10 year old rustbucket? No, that's simply life and life, as hard as it sounds, is unfair.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

First of all, I don't know when this 5% will kick it, the cause is simple: my wifi extender is kinda stupid, so sometimes it will work and other times it won't, resulting in my pc changing to my og internet randomly. I can't check when this happens in game, so it's more or less a gamble.

Also about your edit, what you said has nothing to do with the discussion, you think that people with lower or average income shouldn't play online games. That's a really poor way of viewing anything really, and describing online games as "higher class"

• burt0r

It still has nothing to do with income or wealth. A more down to earth metaphor would be a kid with a health condition (like asthma or something) wanting to play a Teamsport like volleyball (without bench players). The kid knows it will not perform on the same level as the others or might have an attack and leave their team at an disadvantage. At least give the rest of the team the choice if they want to play with this potential liability or not. Atm the only one with the control to make this choice is the kid aka the player with the bad connection.

And to your personal experience I talk about people that have periodical bad connection and know that. Your case is simply like mine when I lived with my parents. I didn't know when those drops would happens but when they happened I knew that online gaming was done for that evening/night. I didn't try against my better knowledge and risk it. Partly because out of a sense of responsibility but maybe I am just to harsh on myself in this regard.

Again and for the last time from my side. If they KNOW that they will lag or disconnect and still decide to try it, then they are at fault.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

It's still the same principle regardless of the outcome.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

mate...

if someone steals a dollar from someone that has millions, it's not the same thing as stealing a dollar from someone that has 5.

also, lobby dodging =/= dc. just stop

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited March 2021

Indeed. Lobby dodging wastes about 20 seconds of anyone's time and no discernible cost.

DC'ing wastes 15+ minutes of a survivors time, handicaps the other survivors and results in lower scores and de-pips.

It's also much harder to gauge the capabilities of a survivor team, and thus you have less info with which to judge if you want to play against them. The only situation I might lobby dodge is if I'm at the end of a session running low on patience, and see 4 PC players with a map and a key.

• Kirkylad

That's the dumbest analogy I've ever heard. Either way it isn't fair for one side to avoid whatever they don't like then criticises the other side for doing the same. Simple as that.

• Alice_pbg

no.

1 case has no consequences.

the other ruins a match for 4 people and wastes a bunch of time.

they are not the same.

and going by the analogy, in one case no one gets hurt, in the other it has a big effect on the ones involved.

they are not the same

• Kirkylad

Same exact principle of people not wanting to go against something they don't like. If it's fair for one side then it's fair for the other.

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2021

DC penalty is pretty weak. You can DC a couple times a day and only have to wait a few minutes before you rejoin a match.

The penalty for a random DC once a month should be trivial or non-existent. But if you DC multiple times a week every week, you should just stop playing this game and play something else, and the DC penalty should be very harsh.

If your internet connection is so unreliable that you're regularly DCing every day you should be taken outside and have it explained to you exactly why this is problem for everyone else and why even though it's not your intention you are still selfishly ruining the game for other people, then you should be beaten with a shovel because apparently you're incapable of learning anyway.

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

Ill leave against nurse, no interest in a busted concept, I dont care if somebody plays this game like a religion and the more ppl leave/kill themselves on first hook against her the faster she gets another rework

• Alice_pbg

it's fair for a survivor to lobby dodge just as much as it is for killer.

just as DCing in a match is wrong for both sides

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

That's the best way someone can explain the situation, and the simplest

• Kirkylad

Survivors can't see the killer in the lobby so it isn't the same unless they could. If it's okay for one side to not go against stuff they don't like than it is for the other aswell and to think otherwise is very hypocritical.

• Alice_pbg

if the survivor wants to lobby dodge, go for it.

DCing is bad for both sides

• Kirkylad

As I said survivors can't see the killer so they can't avoid what they don't like just like a killer does. If they can not go against what they don't want to do can survivors whether you like it or not.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Just one minor thing. If the killer DC's, everyone is set free from the game, and it counts as an escape, so if it's early enough in the game that's a guaranteed Iridescent Unbroken emblem and a safety pip so no ranks are lost.

• Alice_pbg

as I said. if the survivor lobby dodges it's fine.

DCing during a match isn't

• Kirkylad

As I said survivors can't see the killer so that's the next best thing.

but hey let's make it so survivors can see the killer so they can just dodge the lobby instead like they can. Oh no wait they refuse to do that because they think survivors will dodge certain killers proving that they think it's okay for one side to do it but not the other.

So if the killers can not go against what they don't like then so can the survivors and if they don't want to go against it they always will and there's nothing you can do about it.

• Alice_pbg

you still wasted a bunch of time in the match and lost your offering. it's bad to DC either way.

• Alice_pbg

I love how annoyed you get from me doing exactly the same thing you kept doing...

the reason survivors can't see the killers is because they would hard counter their powers.

and again, lobby dodging =/= DC. and no matter what arguments you may think you have, they are just not the same thing. It doesn't matter what the reason for doing them is, the acts are not the same.

• Kirkylad

You think I'm annoyed lol that's cute more amused lol. But yet again if the killer gets to choose that they don't want to go against something then the survivor can run to a hook and suicide on it if they want to do the same.

• Alice_pbg

if I want to get money and steal from a guy, is it the same as if I want money and kill a guy to steal from him?

because you keep saying that because the intent is the same, the 2 actions are the same. they are not.

and they will never be.

If you wanna complain about killer lobby dodging, go do that.

but it's not the same as DCing on a match or suiciding on hook.

You think I'm annoyed lol that's cute more amused

sure mate. 😉

• Kirkylad

Nope both can not go against something if they don't want to and no one can force them if they don't want to. But keep trying 😘

• Alice_pbg

DC penalty exists.

there is no penalty for lobby dodging.

DC ruins the match for 4 people

lobby dodging only delays a match for at max 10 seconds

DC wastes several minutes of everyone involved.

lobby dodging does not

totally the same thing...

but I see you have accepted defeated and given up on actually putting some sort of arguments forward.

so I'll wait until you actually try to put something worth of replying to. bye bye

• Kirkylad

Suiciding on the hook has no penalty and no matter what affect either has the principle of the matter is that if one side can refuse to go against something then so can the other. And whether you like it or not this has always happened and this will continue to happen and there's nothing you can do about it 😊

But bye then I guess if you've accepted that if one side does something then so can the other no matter who thinks what about it on either side.

• Alice_pbg

let's break this down, see if you understand

if one side can refuse to go against something then so can the other

yes, both sides can decide to not go against something.

And whether you like it or not this has always happened and this will continue to happen and there's nothing you can do about it

people being babies online was never in question.

no matter what affect either has

this is the part you don't get. the effect they have, IS what makes them different.

if someone decides to DC during a match and ruin it for everyone else involved, they are the AH. no buts, no ifs. they are the worst.

if someone decides to lobby dodge, sure it also sucks, but the effect is so minimal it doesn't matter.

• Kirkylad

Oh yay I'm so glad you didn't leave I've been having fun. 😊

But either way both sides can choose to either play a match or not if they don't want to no matter what affect it has on anyone else. If the killer wants to lobby dodge or go afk all match they can and they do no matter how annoying that is to myself or anyone else. And any survivor can suicide on the hook and decide that they don't want to play that match for whatever reason they want to no matter how annoying that is for anyone else either. Both happen and both will continue to happen. It's just one of those things cutie 😘

• Alice_pbg

and we are back to saying nothing at all and pretending it somehow matters...

let me just repeat until you understand

DC penalty exists.

there is no penalty for lobby dodging.

DC ruins the match for 4 people

lobby dodging only delays a match for at max 10 seconds

DC wastes several minutes of everyone involved.

lobby dodging does not

you should stop adding extra things, it's not helping you. killer being afk is punisheable aswell

• Kirkylad

Actually cutie I made new points you're the one repeating yourself but that's okay I like it and don't want it to stop.

But like I said no matter what the consequences if one side can refuse to go against something then based on that principle so can the other side.

So if someone wants to suicide on the hook it's an in game mechanic and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it so it will continue just like killers going afk to rank down and making the match boring for survivors. Both sides can do what they want when they want, but neither can do something and then say that the other can't do the same because they can and they will.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,691
  • TauNkosi
    TauNkosi Member Posts: 282

Maybe some games you know just aren't going to be fun and gas nothing to do with skill?

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,691

Probably won't be able to catch up to the goal posts at their current velocity.

• Alice_pbg
  • MeimeiS
    MeimeiS Member Posts: 2

I'd love to there To be a karma counter, to both killers and survivors, It would reward the active and positive players, there already is a "cheer" to see if ur camping as a killer, why won't we make one for killing yourself on the hook, you would have to count: giving the hatch, face camping, tunneling, farming other survivors and teaming up with the killer/survivor to stay out of that ring (cuz they are technically allowed, but the community hates it,) so PPL won't be given good or bad karma just off of a bad day

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

I agree, if in thousands of hours solo queue experience 90% of Freddy games at best end with survivors all making around 10k bp and just feeding the killer a 'fun' game and giving him lots of BP, why even bother. Even a good nurse and spirit are nowhere near as unenjoyable to go against. It's a lot easier to respect a decent nurse' skill ability than a Freddy. Everytime I try to give the match a chance again against Freddy it nearly always ends up exactly the same! Maybe with new matchmaking it'll be better as regardless of ranking the Freddy's getting 4ks constantly will get to face more SWF and rank 1s skill sets survivors!

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,036

If you're gonna quit because of the killer someone's using, you need to get off this game. It's not for your entitled ass.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Red rank Huntress with iri hatchet = die on first hook.

The object is to make the round as boring as possible for them.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Not all aspects of the game are sensitive to latency, mostly chases in fact. As you said, a player with a poor connection can ruin the experience for 5 people, but at least as a survivor can repair gens and stealth without being impacted that much.

Also, it's easy to assume everyone is on the same ground when you start a match, that's not true at all. And equating a leave of absence to someone on the other side of the continent or another that can't afford to upgrade their ISP is really in poor taste. Should someone move to NA to improve your DBD experience? Do you think it is as easy as cancelling an appointment so that they can finish a match with you?

• ChainsawsChickenNBBQ
    ChainsawsChickenNBBQ Member Posts: 68

The worst is just when they plant themselves in a locker and run the game as long as possible out of spite

• KLS74
    KLS74 Member Posts: 1

Playing DBD for over 4 years now and I play both sides, I Just remember to always think its just a game, I play with my kids and my niece and nephews and I don't take this game serious its all for entertainment. Seriously I have gotten messages with people cussing at me and calling me all kinds of names. I just like getting to the archives there fun to me and I don't take anything serious anymore.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

Pretty hypocritical, if you ask me.

It's okay if you lobby dodge because you think the game won't be fun, but it's not okay for survivor to kill themselves on hook because they think the game won't be fun.

• burt0r
    edited March 2021

I had the same discussion with someone else on these forums yesterday. A stable internet connection is as much a requirement for online gaming as is a rig/console that is able to play a specific game at all. For example until "horizon zero dawn" was released for pc i would've been forced to buy a ps4 to be able to even play it.

I think it is still mentioned on the backside of retail games that an internet connection is necessary. The fact that it should be stable is just an addition necessary for multiplayer team games. Noone cares if you have a bad ping if you play games like cod or battlefield were the individual performance isn't as impactful.

My argument is about the thought of the person with the problem trying to play nonetheless.

I use this as a real life metaphor. The Person with the bad connection is represented as a kid with a medical health condition like asthma and the game is some teamsport like volleyball. The kid knows that it won't be able to perform on the same level as the other kids (lag) and might even get an asthma attack and has to quit ( involuntary dc). They still decide to play knowing that they will be a burden to the team to a certain degree and the team has no say if they want to play with such a "liability". In my mind the kid with the health condition should try to be mature/reasonable enough to simply stick with playing alone (Singleplayer games) or games without small teams (lol, r6s, dbd and so on). If it still insists on playing then in my eyes it shows some kind of selfishness to put one's own fun (as much as one can have while lagging) before the risk of potentially ruining it for others.

I might have a radical view on this but it is my philosophy to show responsibility towards my potential teammates and simply stand back when I know that I have an evening of bad connection or am already stressed out, being prone to Ragequit.

Again this is all about acting while having a known problem Not sudden blackouts or anything.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    edited March 2021

I have never left a match via suicide or DC over the kind of killer it is. I will absolutely peace out of they are playing hella toxic. You wanna hard tunnel, camp and slug? You can do that crap without me, queue times are too long to put up with those shenanigans. I would rather head out and get a killer who is fun and wants to play with some skill. 5 min is a small price to pay when your queue time is 10 min anyway. And I usually spectate, and 7 times out of 10 a DC straightens killers behavior right out. The rest of the team gets a normal match. The other 3 are just hellbent on sucking and everyone just has to endure them.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

if you play lets say freddy the chances of you getting a dc are about 40%. some killers are fun to verse, and others are just a pain in the ass

• MaviKus
    MaviKus Member Posts: 38

as someone with coulrophobia and a mild case of masklophobia, I lose my will to play that match a little bit as soon as I find out the killer is the clown, or bunny legion (which is a shame because I like non bunny legion especially my boi Joey) but I don't go afk, hook-suicide or dc. ever. I just get VERY nervous, but I try to do my best

the clown't new chase music though... it's something else I must say

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Lol I meant to say killers shouldn't dc for any reason at all.

• Lumpytoad
    Lumpytoad Member Posts: 16

Never give up against a Forever Freddy. Hide in the basement of the map for 30+ minutes instead :3

This discussion has been closed.