Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DS and NOED need removed

seriously please remove these skill less perks, they are completely ruining the game

that's pretty much it. no need to say any more

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    Heaven forbid you elaborate on your viewpoint, though anyone reading your OP will just assume it's the usual whining :(
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I dont believe that NOED ruins the game, but if we can get rid of DS this way, sure, any time :lol:

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

DS needs a rework and NOED is easily countered, NOED does not need to be removed your just salty about the perk, DS needs a rework because its a get out of jail free card

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

cleanse totems/use enduring

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

@alivebydeadight said:
    DS needs a rework and NOED is easily countered, NOED does not need to be removed your just salty about the perk, DS needs a rework because its a get out of jail free card

As much as DS is easily countered, and just as much as NOED is a hook someone for free card ;)

• Damarus

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

As much as DS is easily countered, and just as much as NOED is a hook someone for free card ;)

I despise both perks, but at least you need some skill or, better, timing to use your DS. The funny thing is that, since the update, there are more NOEDs into play than DSes. There is a NOED in every match, yet I see less and less people using DS.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

@HellDescent said:

Problem with this is that you are giving up a perk slot to counter a perk, whereas Survivors can cleanse totems as part of the normal game without a perk needed to do so.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    *yawn* will you guys ever stop yapping about DS and NOED? They're fine. They can be countered. But even if you disagree, why can't you at least have the decency to DO A ######### SEARCH IN THE FORUMS to find one of the million other discussions on the very same topic, and post there, instead of spamming the forum full with this nonsense?

• FujinRaijin
    FujinRaijin Member Posts: 72

People just need to learn to play around them, if you don't cleanse dull totems and dont slug the obsession you're literally asking to get f'd by the perk

Get good.

• alivebydeadight

@George_Soros said:
    yawn will you guys ever stop yapping about DS and NOED? They're fine. They can be countered. But even if you disagree, why can't you at least have the decency to DO A [BAD WORD] SEARCH IN THE FORUMS to find one of the million other discussions on the very same topic, and post there, instead of spamming the forum full with this nonsense?

XD, I mentioned ds once that it was countered by enduring and presence, or just rancor, and they said I was mid tier

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited November 2018

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

@HellDescent said:

Problem with this is that you are giving up a perk slot to counter a perk, whereas Survivors can cleanse totems as part of the normal game without a perk needed to do so.

Yes, but that's the way it is right now. So we need to adapt. I went up against 4 swf ds/flashlight combo 2 days ago. It was frustrating, but it doesn't happen very often. I don't mind dealing with 1 or 2 ds per game. If I will waste a lot of time due to extended ds chase I'll soft camp or tunnel 1 person in order to kill him in the beginning of the game just to get the momentum back. Edit: also enduring is pretty useful on it's own

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@HellDescent said:

Enduring is a useful perk, even without a DS user in game.
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    NOED can be removed easily just do the totems, they are not that hard to find.
    DS is the only be perk that is ruining the game. Its a brain dead perk that wastes to much time and can be used by every survivor.
  • Master

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

How do you counter ds though?

• alivebydeadight

@Master said:

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

rancor will make it to where you dont need to hook them to mori them at exit gate, trappers presence perk mixed with tier 3 enduring helps too

• Damarus

@Master said:

It's pretty simple, and it varies on situation. There is almost no way you are going to down someone without a hook being very close. The main thing you can do is drop them on the ground every few steps you make towards the hook. If you do this right, they will never even be able to use their DS, effectively wasting a perk slot. The other way is to MAKE them use it, as when you position yourself to make them fall in the basement stairs. The other way is that of proceeding to hook them as in the first example, then mori them.
    These aren't "true" counters, at least not in the way you would want them to be. But when something gets countered the same way by everybody, it actually becomes a counter. But I have to disagree with the "get out of jail for free" thing. Sure, they are freeing themselves and making you waste some more time, but I have personally run in very few instances where the DS guy was able to avoid the hook, after saving himself.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited November 2018

@Master said:

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

Pay attention to the chase and put them down within dribbling range of a hook.

Pick them up and turn backwards so your back faces a corner. They always jump off the back, this means they have to waste 2 seconds of a 3 second stun passing you. if you have enduring the chase wont last but a few seconds, and if you're the clown and they had to run through your smoke after the ds, you probably already got them.

Slug them. (this works great, as you don't get a camping penalty and can freely smack the altruistic people) Keep in mind it doesn't take long to pick someone up, once they fill there "help me" meter up. So plan for a circle back to reslug.

I do think DS should be changed though, its kind of to good, with no real alternatives to replace it. Even if you are building for stealth, altruism, or objectives, theres no reason not to put DS in your kit.

As opposed to NOED. If i'm playing someone where I don't expect them to get to the gates or doesn't have great end game presence, I'll skip this for more map pressure perks.
    It should also be noted that good survivors pay attention to dull totems, and the moment someone is one hit when the gates get powered, they go check them. NOED might give you one hook against high rank players, it's up to the killer to turn that one hook into a good end game.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Spicybarbecue said:
    they are completely ruining the game

Do they though?
    DS is my least favorite thing about the game right now, but i don't think the game's ruined for me.

• Master
    edited November 2018

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

rancor will make it to where you dont need to hook them to mori them at exit gate, trappers presence perk mixed with tier 3 enduring helps too

Rancor ignores the problem until the game is over (works for 1 DS only btw), enduring weakens the stun but doesnt change the fact that the survivor frees himself

• Master

@SmokePotion said:

@Master said:

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

Pay attention to the chase and put them down within dribbling range of a hook.

Pick them up and turn backwards so your back faces a corner. They always jump off the back, this means they have to waste 2 seconds of a 3 second stun passing you. if you have enduring the chase wont last but a few seconds, and if you're the clown and they had to run through your smoke after the ds, you probably already got them.

Slug them. (this works great, as you don't get a camping penalty and can freely smack the altruistic people) Keep in mind it doesn't take long to pick someone up, once they fill there "help me" meter up. So plan for a circle back to reslug.

I do think DS should be changed though, its kind of to good, with no real alternatives to replace it. Even if you are building for stealth, altruism, or objectives, theres no reason not to put DS in your kit.

As opposed to NOED. If i'm playing someone where I don't expect them to get to the gates or doesn't have great end game presence, I'll skip this for more map pressure perks.
    It should also be noted that good survivors pay attention to dull totems, and the moment someone is one hit when the gates get powered, they go check them. NOED might give you one hook against high rank players, it's up to the killer to turn that one hook into a good end game.

Its the survivor who decides where he is downed, not the killer.

2 seconds? In what world do you live? :lol: The only location where this works is at the basement stair

Slugging only ignores the problem sinec you actually want to hook to kill them. Even if you run knock out, a SWF will always know where the slugged person is btw

• alivebydeadight

@Master said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

Rancor ignores the problem until the game is over (works for 1 DS only btw), enduring weakens the stun but doesnt change the fact that the survivor frees himself

dont forget unnerving, that decreases the size of the skill check, making it slightly harder to hit per tier

• Master

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

dont forget unnerving, that decreases the size of the skill check, making it slightly harder to hit per tier

Thats not a counter since the survivor can still hit it lol.

A counter is for example cleansing dull totems vs NOED

• alivebydeadight

@Master said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

But does it help, yes, no perk but rancor can counter the perk and it doesnt do its job

• Master

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

But does it help, yes, no perk but rancor can counter the perk and it doesnt do its job

Even rancor doesnt counter DS, you are forced to ignore the obession the whole game AND fro the other 3 DS it has no impact at all

• alivebydeadight

@Master said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@Master said:

@Damarus said:

@alivebydeadight said:

Even rancor doesnt counter DS, you are forced to ignore the obession the whole game AND fro the other 3 DS it has no impact at all

"It doesnt do its job"

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

If there is "more and more" NOED's being used.. then survivors should use their brains and cleanse totems. If you see this pattern I don't understand why someone would pass a totem and not cleanse it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

considering on how hardcore they've nerfed NOED at this point, PLEASE GOD YES! trading in a useless perk to get rid of one of the most overpowered perks in the game seems great to me!