devs who are "many" which believe bloodlust no longer necessary.

Since then, we have made great strides in identifying these loops and tweaking them to avoid those situations. As a result, Bloodlust has become a contentious mechanic, where many believe it’s no longer necessary.

Its surviviors players??? :D lul maybe u make killers more slow? Delusion...

Comments

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275

maybe stop complaining and adapt.

bloodlust is not necessary anymore after all the map changes. no more infinite loops and reduced amount of pallets on every map

• Uotsumi
    Uotsumi Member Posts: 215

I think this is the survivors, not the killer, who should be learning the mind games.

However, this view would not get the consent of the survivors who want to get an easy win. 

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

DS is also an issue

but Bloodlust is an actual in game mechanic that is abused far more than DS

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

As a console player who's been mostly playing killer this weekend (because survivor queues are literally taking 10+ minutes even with Crossplay on). I'd be almost completely okay with removing it. Not having that guaranteed frame-stutter every 15 seconds in chase has gone a long way towards making DbD feel better to play and I value this newfound frame-stability much more than a speed increase for wasting too much time in chase.

There are definitely still some problem tiles, but this should be a good incentive for them to go in and re-balance those tiles so that we can truly move forward without this mechanic.

• Chekita
    Chekita Member Posts: 184
    edited November 2020

Not all maps changed, that is simply a fact. And there are several set ups that will become fairly more safe or a safe zone without BL (forcing to break chase more times than usual). I dont think it's impossible to adapt to this. But I also think the other way around is possible as well. If players on red ranks that I usually play against can win against BL, so the others as well. The quest to adapt is a too ways street.

If they decide BL to be gone I will respect and adapt, but it's ridiculous to state it won't affect the game. If it doesnt affect the game in anyway it wouldnt have been introduced to begin with. The only difference is that this time it is something that affects killers negatively, if it affected survivors in the same way they would complain. That is normal, that is nothing strange about complaining if you present good reasons to complain.

Stop complaining about people complaining if they present good reasons. Best you tackle their reasoning, not the fact they are complaining. People will complain if they dont like something and that is normal.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

You are kidding yourself if the vaunted red rank killers dont hold W around pallets that should just be kicked

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191

why do you people alway take a killer vs survivor mindset do you want to victimize yourself that much even without a kill you get more bloodpoints use those bloodpoints to get items and perks that will help you win. Killers need to learn also maybe learn to play better because adopting the mindset also play both killer and survivor before talking. Stop being negative.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I'm loving not having bloodlust triggering frame drops. It was more a hinderance than it was helpful to me on ps4. I'd love for them to get rid of it, put it in a perk instead for those that want it.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

You can't "Adapt" to infinites/pseudo infinites the removal of Blood Lust has created.

Remember the one of the main reason why Blood Lust was made was to stop infinites and given that they have returned when Blood Lust is gone means the game isn't ready for Blood Lust's removal.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Unless your a m1 killer or a huntress on certain maps blood lust doesn't do much

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Thank god someone else realises these new semi infinites, thought I was the only one.

I feel like a stranger with everyone saying it should be gone and saying it would never activate in their games, I'm having countless situations where BL would've helped me, especially around big buildings and W gamers. It's making my chases longer, even with deathslinger.

I'm starting to think people haven't seen a good survivor run a building like coal towers building or ironworks, or chain together tiles on cowshed, or just loop normally on badham or haddonfield.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Ya a lot of people here who say they haven't seen infinites have also said they have only played 2-4 games or haven't played killer or if they were they were exclusively playing nurse/spirit because they were too afraid of them.

Btw I do have a thread made for people to list out how many infinites/pseudo infinites this patch has made to try to point out why Blood Lust is needed and to give a thread compiling the map issues infinites so the devs can see it and hopefully fix it.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416

Except The Game, which, hilariously, has more pallets now.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

The game's maps are so far from balanced enough to remove BL it's actually comical. Sorry but the only thing that will happen is: BL never gets removed because map rng will always be bs, or they do remove it and killer becomes completely unplayable on some rng tiles at which point they readd it because if how wildly unbalanced it would become.

Don't get me wrong, I think BL should be removed as well, because it's a band-aid to a wildly broken part of the game. That being said unless you want a 50min survivor que you should really not advocate for removing it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Good change if you want to punish/push out casual killers in favor of making skilled Survivors god tier.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

So does this mean all the maps are fixed and no infinite or partial infinites exist that warrants bloodlust?

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited March 2021

The funniest thing about this thread necromancy (This was made in NOVEMBER) is that the bloodlust test conclusively has proven: No, bloodlust is necessary to the game, both on maps that still have TONS of infinites and pseudo infinites without BL1, and just because an 'upper end chase limit' is actually a good concept and without it the game kinda sucks with too wide a skill gap.

MOST competitive games have 'anti infinite/pseudo infinite' mechanics. Even in scenarios where they are not strictly necessary you don't want people getting completely trashed and having something that says 'enough is enough, end the chase either way, stop with this nonsense' is NOT a 'reduction in game skill.' If you can loop really well but have no idea how to break chases even for 10 seconds, then... you still PROBABLY win but can't get LITERALLY INFINITE time vs a lesser skilled killer.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

It's necessary on some killers, absolutely.

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

Well with hitboxes kinda being fixed, killers cant abuse it to get the hits lol they need the lust now.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

If they manage to balance all the maps then it’s safe to remove but that’s not going to happen any time soon

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172
    edited March 2021

Are W holding survivors complaining about bloodlust?

The only time that bloodlust kicks in is when you face W gamers on huge maps that allow no cut-off like midwhich, the killer should be able to end the chase at a pallet more easily if the survivor decided to go for that cheap tactic. And that's just boodlust 1 which cuts loops short which would otherwise take you up to 3 runs of ring around the rosie.

The other time when bloodlust kicks in is when killers want that 1 guy at a safe place which mind you should not exist in the first place.

We can get rid of bloodlust if killers retain their speedadvantage at all times by fixing their acceleration or hitbox (not a game dev) during tight loops, deal? Oh also survivors should not get a chance to kobe without perks.

And I don't know what some people here are talking about but there's still plenty of safe pallets and areas that good killers will straight up just not chase you to unless they already won anyways.