DS change

I see a lot on this topic as a true I play both sides guy this is how I think DS should work.

No obsession perk.

No skill check needed.

Unlimited charges.

As far as new deactivate condition I agree 100 percent. This way it's anti tunnel not a weapon.

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I disagree

A problem with DS is having it at powered gates, this makes it so if you have DS you can always trade as long as your not on death hook to then be saved later and use DS to escape.

Also it should be an obsession perk and that won't change as it is a laurry perk and all her perks are obsession perks.

Lastly it should have a skill check, it is still a good perk no need to make it simply brain dead to use.

• donutman47
    donutman47 Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2021

I don't know how to delete ignore this part meant to comment to individual

• donutman47

I forgot about exit gates I agree with you on that you should not be guaranteed a escape. Borrow time is enough it's ok to tunnel at that point not much else you can do

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

i use it in my main build but i think this rework idea is too strong.

skill check- skill checks add a chance that youll miss it, but it would be nice if you go against a doctor. most survivors hit ds anyway so this wont really be an issue

no obsession perk- again, not much of a difference but it would make it harder for the killer to predict ds

unlimited charges- the killer would just slug you anyway if you ds'd him the first time. this is the part where the perk becomes too good

• donutman47

Yeah my thinking is trying to reduce tunneling. I mostly play killer but when I play survivor I see a lot of tunneling and camping. I know I hate gen speed but admittedly I gen rush the hell out of killers not anything else to do and when you're solo queue it's hard to know what your getting for teamates. Also a lot of people just grab you instantly with no borrow and you get farmed. I can't get mad at killer in that instants. The game needs to be longer somehow. Everyone enjoys long chase but when you realistically need at least 8 hooks a game more like 10 for average 30 second long chased or more are just devastating. I don't want longer gen speed thinking map rework make gens more defendable first gen basically free and there is almost always one you can't really Def. I guess my post is more survivor mercy which is odd because killers just have it so bad with current meta. The idea of a 4 vs 1 game means that the 1 should be way stronger requiring less skill to win not more.