Make blocking not have you play with that person

Options
Rullisi
Rullisi Member Posts: 392
edited February 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Some games have this. You just block the problem players to you and you don't have to play with them again. I don't think there's any downsides to this. Only makes dead by daylight a better place. It's so simple.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Rullisi
    Options

Ok but I'd still like to disagree because not everyone plays like an #########, so I would gladly trade trolls and campers for longer queues any day. Better a fair & fun game than unfun match 20 mins time wasted. There are many players in dbd and surely it won't affect queues that much. If Smal pp perk/addon, tunnel+camp type of killer mains suffer from long queues then it's their issue. They should change the way they play then. Or if only the 'new matchmaking' worked like it was meant to, that could have helped too...

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

If it makes you feel better, if you report someone who is actually breaking the rules and they get banned then nobody has to play with them, including you. So it’s still worth reporting people who are actually harassing you in chat or cheating.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,551
    Options

However what you have to consider is that these people are not breaking the rules and have the same rights to play the game as you do - camping etc is not against the game rules and is considered a mechanic in the game.

That's why blocking players etc would never work.

• eiredrake
    eiredrake Member Posts: 98
    Options

Does anyone actually get banned?

• jasonjbird
    jasonjbird Member Posts: 20
    Options

If you make it where you can see who you've blocked and give the ability to unblock as well, it could really help keep players around. I know you guys will never do it, and I keep running into the same toxic players over and over again. It really makes me want to move on, but that would suck given how much money I'm constantly spending on this game

• jasonjbird
    jasonjbird Member Posts: 20
    Options

But, if I buy a game, shouldn't I have the right to block whomever I want? It's either that or leave the game all together. Either way queue times are affected

• Mastermind
    Mastermind Member Posts: 111
    Options

These people are ruining your own experience. Meaning that if you see those people as killer, you can avoid the lobby or alternatively facecamp them to death which ruins their enjoyment even more or as a survivor if you're up against a killer you don't want to play against, you can simply suicide on hook, which ruins the experience for 3 other players. And neither of those are against the rules but can ruin the enjoyment for more people.

And simply put, people who block a lot of other people would experience much longer queue times so it's their free choice. I'd personally take a longer queue for a better match any day. Mainly since I have a second monitor on which I can watch videos while the game is finding a match.

All in all, the net enjoyment would go up overall if a block system where you won't play with the person would be introduced.

Well KYF awards no progression and while playing for fun is fine and dandy, the grindy progression systems in place require you to play a LOOOOOOT of regular games before you get all the stuff you want.

And also, let people block who they want. If you block an average of 3/4 people per match then you better expect unbelievably long queue times very soon with only yourself to blame. But hey, if anyone's fine with it and prefers waiting an hour to get into a game without these people, why take that away from them? Mainly hurts them.

• azzie_b
    azzie_b Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2021
    Options

So basically BHVR official policy is "lol deal with toxicity, you wimps".

Seems healthy in today's day and age.

edit - "That teammate sucks? Block. They left me on hook to die? Block. That Claudette is self-caring? Block."

Yes. Exactly. Especially when it's repeated over and over from the same player. What about "That survivor has in-game BM, block. That survivor needlessly trash talked after-game, block. That teammate spun in circles while watching me on final hook, block" etc etc etc. Inconsiderate gits dont learn if theyre not taught, as is clearly the case given their behaviours.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583
    Options

I can hear the cries about this already.

"BHVR, you NEED to increase the number of people I can ban. 50 people is not NEARLY enough and my list is full!"

• Notretsam
    Notretsam Member Posts: 129
    Options

I completely agree with Rusllisi, when you block someone, you should never have to play with them again.

The whole point of the block is to block that person from ever interacting with you again, playing a hunt round with them is interacting and it should be blocked as well.

Yes, people would abuse it as people can suck but its more important to give people the peace of mind of being able to block someone and never having to interact with them. There are pros and cons to every decision made but the pros completely outweigh the cons here, block should block being able to play with the blocked player again, rather stunned it didn't already include that.

There is a number of toxic players in this game who can ruin the game for people who spent quite a bit of there money on this, this is part of why I signed up. As I wanted to see if there was any talk about it here on the forum and see if anything is being done, I find a mod disagreeing that block should block every interaction with players. It's disappointing because of something not done about the toxic players, its just going grow into a bigger problem for DND.

• Mastermind
    Mastermind Member Posts: 111
    Options

Killers and survivors aren't unlocked. That's where your entire "comeback" falls apart. And also the need to have 4 other people who are willing to give up rewards to play. Good luck with that.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    Options

How about adding flags to players you've blocked.

So when in a lobby, you can see any survivors you've blocked, and also get a notification if the killer is someone you've blocked. That way you have a choice to lobby dodge if you wish.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,934
    Options

depends, does the person do it like once a month? probably not

every week? probably

everyday? definitely

• Rullisi
    Options
  • Laendra
    Laendra Member Posts: 82
    Options

First, they force their idea of what is allowed in in-game chat rather than letting us manage our own censorship list (or turn off chat altogether if we so choose), Then they give us the illusion of control with a useless "block" option.

I'd much rather a system where I can have a personal rating system (+/- 1pt per match) for survivors and killers (that I can see post-game), with additional flags for toxic play or chat, and a blocking system that would actually work to block them temporarily at least, in increments of 1d, 7d, 30d. If enough people block the same person in a given time span, maybe that will encourage better play (best case scenario) or them to seek enjoyment elsewhere (good for the player base). BHVR could then periodically review the list of people that are constantly getting blocked and seek to remedy the issue. Either by implementing changes, or issuing more permanent blocking.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

If they aren’t going to actually have blocked do anything, then this would be a nice compromise.

This discussion has been closed.