Instakill Michael Myers

NVerde
NVerde Member Posts: 264

Just having a moan really as seem to keep getting him. Just had a game where I was knifed to death in the first couple of minutes from full health - seems broken to me

Comments

• Volfgang57
    Volfgang57 Member Posts: 369

Played a game last night using Michael's native perks

Have tombstone piece

Get tier 3 and accidentally kill my obsession

Oops

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,502

Its so funny when a tombstone myers is chasing you with the tombstone piece so you just jump into the locker and they cant do anything and did all that increased stalk for nothing.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Yeah, it was meant to be balanced by increasing the amount of stalking required, but it's still a ridiculously powerful and is a well-worth trade. If you run corrupt and ruin too, you can get one survivor out of the game before the first gen pops, and just snowball like hell from there.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

If you get it to happen before one gen pops, the survivors are the worst ones you can imagine.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

The tombstone piece is very strong and is really the only thing I would say nerf on him, judith tombstone takes a long time to use but the tombstone piece and the j myers memorial combo is just ridiculous, I especially hate it when playing solo and some other survivor thinks it's funny to tbag him on the other side of the loop and not actually try to break line of sight because they don't understand what type of potential add ons he has up his sleeve and they end up dying before a gen pops

• ShamelessPigMain

That's why I stipulated that you need corrupt and ruin.

• Volfgang57

Even with Corrupt and Ruin, the amount of time it takes to charge a tombstone piece would mean the survivors are awful

• Ruma

Just like @Volfgang57 already said, even then it they must be terrible at the game when they get stalked that much, especially since a stalking myers have almost no pressure.

• ShamelessPigMain

The point is that corrupt essentially gives you the strongest 4 gen possible, and ruin ensures that the pressure you keep up the entire time doesn't go to waste. Charging up evil within only requires line of sight, and the only other option is to run around and do nothing for 2 whole minutes.

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

I think what feels off to me is I am aware of not letting him stalk to build up his power but if your team don't then he just comes and kills you instantly it feels unfair - though I guess there are a lot of instances in this game where the mistakes of your team mates impact on you even if you're not making them yourself

• ShamelessPigMain

The point of stalking Myers is to not apply pressure. It's to let the survivors feel relaxes so that you can glean as much stalk from them as you need. With the strongest 4-gen possible and ruin, survivors who stay on gens will feed you points, but if they leave the gens to break line of sight, they let the gen regress in their face. Decent survivors aren't just going to sit around for 2 minutes, so they'll be persistent and feed you a considerable amount of stalk points.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,079

While the last part is true, Tombstone Piece simply removes the Survivor out of the game. Myers is basically stalking Survivors and the one guy who has never seen him will be dead. When he gets an Add On-Rework, Tombstone Piece will most likely go away, but there are no plans to do that yet.

And it does not require that much Evil to get to EW3 with the Tombstone Piece. The Add On is simply form another time of DBD where busted stuff like this existed.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

IMHO Judith's should be buffed to allow locker and ground mori's at the cost of even higher stalk requirements and removing his ability to lunge. Judith's and Tuft requires draining 3 and a half survivors completely and a heavy movement speed reduction. Seems stupid to have it countered so easily for 2 ultra rares and 70% of the match spent stalking survivors.

I do think Tombstone Piece needs to be looked at though. Judith's Tombstone and Tuft is underpowered in my opinion.Tombstone Piece is better in every way considering you can reach EW3 pretty fast, especially if combo'd with J Myers Memorial and it has no speed reduction. This is a bit overpowered and frustrating if Myers drains the first survivor completely, 99's EW3 on the second, and pops it and insta-tombstones the third.

• Ruma

If you cant pressure gens fly fast and ruin/undying is completly useless. Only bad survivors let michael stalk that much before atleast 2 gens popped.

Normally you should get done atleast 3/12 - 4 gens before he reaches tier 3 then. Atleast in my SOLO matches we always get that many gems done unless my mates are COMPLETE potatos.

• alimeria
    alimeria Member Posts: 55

too broken

• ShamelessPigMain
    edited March 2021

I think you're missing my point. You just said that if you can't pressure gens, then they fly without ruin, which is try. You then said that letting Michael stalk then is for bad survivors. It's a dichotomy between the two. Any Michael who knows what they're doing in this won't commit to chases, they'll glean as many stalk points as they can. They either break line of sight/stalk or they keep doing the gens and let him stalk the hell out of them.

I think you forgot I mentioned corrupt intervention too. Snowball killers like Michael benefit immensely from corrupt, especially with ruin.

• Volfgang57

Except it's not that easy to stalk. If you're far enough away from a survivor that they don't notice you they're going to be moving somewhere and probably breaking line of sight a lot + the further away from a survivor you are the longer it takes to charge up your Evil Within. If you get closer to charge faster then most competent survivors are going to notice you and run.

You're underestimating just how long it actually takes to fully charge a tombstone piece because it takes a lot longer than 2 minutes unless you're able to just stand right behind someone that entire time (and I mean -right- behind them)

• Ruma

Yes they wont go into chases, that would be stupid.

But survivors arent stupid too. If they notice whats going on (which they really should when they notice he just keeps stalking without really chasing them) they will just split up and start bashing out the gens. If they get spotted they just run a bit and then head instantly back to the gen. You cant pressure 4 gens at once, and since you arent actively chasing, hooking or injuring someone, they will get back to the gens really fast.

Of course solo q exists, but thats a other problem which should be looked into but once solo got the buff it deserves, he really wont be a problem.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Denying a kill with a locker is so satisfying tho.

• ShamelessPigMain
    edited March 2021

That's the point; if they run away, then the gen regresses. If they don't, they contribute to charging your stalk. That's the dilemma you put them in.

As for calculating tombstone piece charge time (not considering getting out of tier I which is pretty easy), the amount of charge required to tier up is 5 points. Judith's Tombstone (I prefer tombstone piece personally but hey), increases that by 200% to 10 stalk points. The equation to calculate stalk points per seconds is .333333333 stalk points per second at max inefficiency. 10/.33333 means 30 seconds of stalking, worst case scenario, while stalking one survivor at max range and max inefficiency. That's a far cry from 2 minutes, but it can be a hassle to get. Hope that you get survivors who suck it up and let you get the stalk points.

• ShamelessPigMain
    edited March 2021

Again, the great thing about Michael is that you don't need to chase in order to pressure. Just being close with line of sight is enough, and since 30 seconds of max distance stalking is enough to get a charge, you just have to pretty much cycle through the four gen, getting as close as possible, moving along once they try to break LoS or make distance, until you have enough charges to pop your tier III and go to town.

Forget going to town, you're taking a jet plane into downtown. Getting rid of one survivor before 3 gens is already a good omen.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    edited March 2021

It may seem busted af but it's not. It takes Myers way too long to even get to tier 3 with those add-ons to allow him to instakill. If he got it that quick then your team was legit feeding him. I mean idk what ranks you're in but it's crucial to know how to play the line of sight game with Myers to deny him stalking you. There's also ways to tell if he has tombstone and ready to kill. If his hand is open while in tier 3 or if he's taking way to long stalking to get to tier 3. If you feel like he has it or know for a fact that he has it just jump into a locker to deny him the kill and force him to hook you. Myers is a fun killer to play as and against in the game but he's honestly one of the weakest killers in the game.

• Volfgang57

Alrighty, you're a tad off with that math. With tombstone piece it takes 5 points to get from tier 1 to 2, and 12.5 points to get from tier 2 to 3. (Tombstone piece adds 7.5 points to get to tier 3). So a total of 17.5 points to be able to kill one person (Judith's tombstone adds 10 points, so 20 point total to reach tier 3). Each survivor can only be stalked for 10 points, so you have to nearly -fully- stalk 2 different survivors (remember you can only absorb from one survivor at a time, so no stacking speed there).

At max efficiency, which is 2.5 meters away, you stalk at a rate of 0.8 points per second. 17.5 / 0.8 = 21.8 seconds. 22 seconds at *2.5 meters* away. That's over 20 seconds at basically arms length behind two different survivors. Not going to happen.

At minimum efficiency (40 meters) you stalk at a rate of 0.08 points per second. 17.5 / 0.08 = 218.75 seconds (or 3.6 minutes). And again I bring up my point of breaking line of sight, movement, and having to find 2 different survivors to do so.

At 50% efficiency (~20 meters) that stalk rate would be ~0.16 points per second. That's 109 seconds, or 1.8 minutes.

This is again assuming you can find at least 2 survivors, stalk them almost entirely out of charges, and never lose sight of them.

My point is, stalking takes significantly longer than you think

• Volfgang57

Yea, I kinda screwed myself there because I killed my obsession first, so then all of my perks were useless

• ShamelessPigMain

Looks like I missed the digit before the first sig fig. Oops on my end.

Either way, you're not going to be stalking at maximum inefficiency for the whole time, and either way, corrupt intervention is 2 minutes long. The strongest possible four gen plus ruin is going to immediately put survivors in the conundrum of feeding the killer points or idling around for 2 minutes. Even if they mange to pop a gen, which shouldn't happen if you're sticking to stalking and gen patrol, you can glean off enough points to have enough before the second gen pops, and 1 kill at 3 gens is pretty much the border between wins and losses.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

But there is zero indication of him having it or not. What if it's just a normal lvl 3 and you just gave him a free down from jumping in the locker?

• danielmaster87
  • danielmaster87

Which isn't a counter because you still give him a free down.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,502

Being downed like you would have been with ew3? Or getting instakilled? Which is worse? I hope you know which one.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

If his hand is opened he's instant kill. Hop in a locker, he'll hook you but a hook versus and instant kill really helps your team.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

I mean, back then you could stalk multiple survivors at once and the requirement of reaching t3 with both addons wasnt as hard. Instakill Myers was literally a god toying with subjects in the early days.

DS wasnt actually that bad as you could use Enduring to counteract it and not using the skillcheck actually disabled the perk also. So as the obsession, you were literally forced to use DS the first time you were grabbed. DS was mainly to counter Iron Grasp and Agitation being too powerful, while Iron Grasp and Agitation was used because Saboteur was too powerful. And Saboteur was used because Wraith could freely camp with no punishment, Trapper could trap the hook with no punishment and Billy could also camp with no punishment.

Besides, instakill Myers and DS wasnt even the worst thing about the halloween chapter. Dying Light was.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

OMG, the ocean of tears and mounds of salt were glorious. It was especially fun to hear it from people who liked to sit there in plain sight and T-Bag behind pallets without realizing that they were just feeding Michael

Back then, we got pips off points, not the emblem system. So people T-bagging at the exit gates was just guaranteed stalk points. Easiest rank 1 I ever achieved. LMAO

Michael was the highlight of the game for me in those dark times.

• danielmaster87

But what kind of alternative is that?! In what world is getting instadowned a good thing? Yeah, I know which is better but ######### are those options, dude?! If the counterplay to something that instamoris is to get instadowned, don't you see the problem with this situation?

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

I don't enjoy those matches cause either he fails and everyone gets poor scores/bloodpoints or he pulls it off... and everyone gets poor scores/bloodpoints. Went against one on the Trickster PTB and knew what he was going for. Locker'd his booty and he only killed one person. I may of felt a little bad, but again it was the PTB for Trickster... I wasn't on there for that type of match.