Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I dont care if the devs said that mmr is off. Its a lie

Beefmur
Beefmur Member Posts: 261

Theres no way that they're not testing it

Comments

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Doubt

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

No it's not

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Honestly I am skeptical too. The game is damn near impossible right now.

• Amy095
    Amy095 Member Posts: 96

Its no different to any other day. Its always bad.. mmr is a myth when it comes to BHVR.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Well. Okay?

why would they lie about that though? Is there something to gain for them?

also, matchmaking hasn’t worked for a very long time now. Were you really so lucky to have good matchmaking just until now?

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

It just seems like something's been tweaked that makes matchmaking more adaptive to your performance. I'm very much not the only one that feels that. Before it felt pretty random, sometimes you just get sweat squads, sometimes just boosted turds. And sometimes it was a volatile mix. There isn't this big variance anymore. It's not 100% consistent, but it's super noticeable for many people.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Idk they’ve vehemently said it’s off but it feels quite on. I can go on my main killers and it’s full rank 1s for multiple matches and as soon as I switch to a killer I rarely play it’s greys, yellows, and greens for multiple matches. Switch back to my main? Rank 1s again. If it’s off some really weird and coincidental stuff going on.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited March 2021

Second conspiracy theory time. What if all the weird ranking bugs are due to MMR (either it's on, collecting data, accidentally on or just bugging things even though it's off). It would explain why some ppl are increasing in rank by a large number. That's their MMR number being updated but it's accidentally popping up.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Yeah I don't believe them on this one either

• Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462

I'm a rank one and I just went up against 1 of the worst teams ever. And honestly the team before was pretty bad as well. Stop making excuses for getting your butts kicked

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If by "on" you mean enabled in the background gathering data and predicting the outcome of matches, then yeah, it's on.

• Beefmur
    Beefmur Member Posts: 261

play rank 1 killer than tell me its the same experience from 2 weeks ago

• Superyoshiegg

Alright, give me 10 minutes and I'll get back to you.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,370

Considering that I can get a full red rank squad right into rainbow ranks without changing killers, I doubt it's on.

Not to mention survivor matchmaking is still awful to where I get matched with green ranks against a red rank killer.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

Well that would explain why when I play survivor I’m getting put with survivors that based on their playtime have only been playing the game for 1-2 weeks tops.

MMR seems to think that 1-2 red ranks and a few grey ranks makes for a balanced game.

• Superyoshiegg

Alright, I'm back from playing a match as Rank 1 Killer just now.

It's the same experience from 2 weeks ago.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

*cough* literally yesterday *cough*

Yeah, it's the same.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited March 2021

Tell us that when you dig into the save files and give us the proof that it's on.

The reason matchmaking is celebrating gay pride every day is because the queue times are so long. There's just too many survivors right now, and that means that 1) you get longer queue times while the matchmaker waits for available players 2) when it doesn't find similarly-ranked players, it just pairs you up with whatever else it can get its hands on.

Don't be so presumptuous. The answer isn't always what you suspect.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Matchmaking's been broken forever. I've honestly haven't noticed anything different.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

The solo queue experience is a 2v1 where 2 are forced to carry a bag of bricks. And it's always a killer who doesn't care 1 bit about the struggle he just accelerates the steamroller right over your helpless little heart.