Question about Oni.

So I'm trying to learn how to play Oni, so I can do better agasint him as survivor and I feel like when I'm playing him I can't turn right when I'm running with demon fury. So my question is, is that meant to happen, so it forces me to try mind game survivors round a loop or is just because I'm on console with a bad flick or no flick? I'm really not sure, but want to understand it, incase I need to be turning right when I'm getting chased by an Oni 😂. I know there are certain loops that Oni has trouble on anyway, with or without experience. Can somebody help me please? ❤

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Don’t hold W when in demon dash. Let go of it and yous the strafe keys

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

Ah okay, so probably best thing to do is just go Into a match, collect some blood and just whizz around the map practicing the slam after dashing. Well I pray they have unbreakable because that's all I'm going to be doing 😂

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

Ultimate Oni Guide - Scott Jund. You're welcome.

Seriously, it's a very good oni guide with tips for newbies and advanced Oni players.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

you can kinda flick with oni on console. it's not as precise as pc, but it's doable.

just practice.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Strafing to where you want to be is the key to demon dash

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354

Thanks everyone, I'll do some practices ❤

• StreetRat115
    StreetRat115 Member Posts: 54

I'm a console player that enjoys Oni a lot and a tip I can give you is to turn the camera preemptively to where you think the survivor will go. If you try to turn when you're close to the survivor you'll often miss the hit because you're not in a good angle, but if you're already turning while charging that puts you in a very good position. So essentially, just don't demon dash in a straight line. As to what add-ons to use scalped top knot, ink lion and increase duration are his best ones. Lastly someone already said it but you should check out Scott jund guide of the Oni because it's not just hahaha me go brrr in demon dash it actually has strategy to it so definitely check it out.