Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Can't pick up surivor.

Mastoyer
Mastoyer Member Posts: 6

THE DESCRIPTION

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as killer in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, down a survivor

Step 4 : Be unable to pick them up

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Blight
  • Bbq, thinkerer, ruin, undying
  • Haddonfield
  • Third time in a week

DOCUMENTS

Log unavailable because of size.

Video from the start of the match, untill the moment of the bug:

11 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• Kamikazi
    Kamikazi Member Posts: 144

Video is private. I cant watch it.

• Mastoyer

Sorry about that, here is the video:

• Mastoyer

Another video of this happening:

(See end of the video for the bug)

• LastBreath
    LastBreath Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2021

This is happening to me too.

Often happens when I down the survivor and the survivor falls close to a wall.

• Megaris
    Megaris Member Posts: 105

Survivors can crawl into wall at certain places like under the exit lever, and then killer can't pick them up.

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

Oh yeah. She is cheating. She very clearly knew she could do that there.

• GorogBensonson
    GorogBensonson Member Posts: 6

This just happened to me, too. Downed a Kate as Oni in front of The Game's basement stairs. She just went up to the corner of the wall and I couldn't pick her up.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

This problem also occurred at the DBDJC held last month.

(2:40:14~)

However, the response of the tournament organizers was to switch the camera and pretend it was not happening, which was criticized by many users in Japan. (However, another camera soon after showed evidence that the glitch might have been exploited.)

The rules of the tournament stated that the use of the glitch was prohibited, but there was no blame attached to it.

I hope this bug will be fixed.

• Mgn
    Mgn Member Posts: 1

I had this bug too, close to the exit gate, next to the wall, couldnt pick up the survivor

• Kamikazi
    Kamikazi Member Posts: 144

If tournaments allow this bug, then its not a bug but a feature. Let the masses make use of this clear feature!

Lets see... newly added:

1. can't pick up survivors when survivor base 0x0y crawls outside of wall boundaries.
    2. invisible walls added near edges on certain maps.
    3. invisible objects near objectives in certain maps.
    4. trees which survivors can walk between but not killers.
    5. bushes stop runners dead in tracks if they touch them, but blight can bounce off these bushes but cant pass those bushes.

I know there was something bigger... I currently forget what it was.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

I've had this happen like 2 weeks ago as survivor. Deathslinger was camping me in basement & when somebody saved me, he downed me on the stairs and couldn't pick me up, given I didn't know that would happen.

That's what I call karma!

• memento
    memento Member Posts: 158

Another place. when is this fixed?

• KrosseKrabbePizza
    KrosseKrabbePizza Member Posts: 161
    edited April 2021

i didn´t know about this bug until last round, where i got slammed into the exit gate. I recovered and wondered why the killer didn´t pick me up until i realized, that it might be rigged. Then i crawled a bit to the side and he picked me up and facecamped me. Afterwards he blamed me for bug abusing and told me he recorded it and will report me for it. Can i get banned for this? I didn´t know about it AND i even crawled away so he can pick me up. If he really recorded this AND reported me, he can simply cut out the part where i crawled to the side to blame me.

Can i really get banned for this or will the devs take a look into the gamefile or something?

• kickasskiel
    kickasskiel Member Posts: 89

This is on most maps, I have had it Hawkins, Lerys, Croutus Autohaveh, Coldwind, Yamoka Gates. Its got to the point where if i cant pick up I will look for other surviors. Mainly happens around any stairs on a map or next to exit gate. It will get fixed but will get exploited by entitled survivors who are losing.