The Solo queue experience

So in my last match, all the survivors and killer are red ranks.

I went to the basement injured to save a Elodie. She then tries to 4% right in my face and fails.

I proceed to Tbag her and leave her hook and she kills a herself a second later 😂😂😂

If I’m coming to get you at my own risk please don’t try to farm me for points, thank you very much😂

Comments

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

I remember when I was on the opposite side of the map to a hooked David and because I had Kindred I could see that nobody else was going for the save, so I left my generator to get him and then he jumps off the hook in my face and I just looked at him for a few seconds and then went back to my generator lol. Heal yourself Mr King.

He also wasn’t close to the struggle stage either, so he didn’t have to try to jump.

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427
    edited March 2021

IMO you both are in the wrong.

Its very scummy to do what this other survivor did and it happened to me also a few times.

But you should have had the more mature mind set and dont let your pride or hate win over logic, at the end you both descided the match right there and 2 people who had nothing to do with your argument suffered from (even 3 with you count the killer).

I main killer and see survivors do horrible toxic stuff and the fun thing most of the time they cant back it up and go down 3 sec later and then rage quit. All I can tell is get a shield against such toxic things and enjoy the gameplay.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

Idiots like these are why killrates are so inflated. I’m guessing these are the same types of players that hookrush basement while injured or sit and finish a gen while the rest of the team is slugged.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I agree with you, i did the same, only without the teabagging.

If a survivor wants so save himself, he can do so. But if i come to save you, dont try to steal those points from me just because you think you can.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Oh i just wanted to give you another chance to free yourself. Since you desperatly wanted to escape on your own. To bad, you failed again.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Well, ya.

Imagine they hopped off a gen, ran across the map, dodged their way around the Killer, risked running into the basement where they are likely to take a hit on the way out, just for the person to blow their hook phase in your face that you were trying to help them preserve.

Imagine you are at some kids birthday party in a backyard. Kids everywhere. They are the Killers in this scenario. You are asked by someone to go inside, grab the birthday cake cuz the birthday boy/girl is ready for cake, and bring it out without dropping it. It's on a tiny little platter that is easy to drop. So you go in, grab it, and carefully bring it out, dodging kids running left and right. You're doing your absolute best to not drop it. You finally get it over to the table after several close calls, and the birthday kid looks at it for a moment before slapping it out of your hand to the ground. Splatters everywhere. He didn't want the cake anymore.

It's like that. Throw the kid in the pool, pinch brown on the table, and get into a high speed chase with the cops, cuz you got better things to do with your life than help some brat that doesn't appreciate you.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited March 2021

It's annoying and disrespectful. You can see on hook if someone is comming to get you so why even try to kobe? Unhooking creates a lot of pressure for killer because now they have 2 of 4 people not doing gens, and when the hooked person just kobes off while someone is in transit to unhook, you are effectively helping the killer. Also, you're denying a lot of points for the unhooker which iritates people because they just wasted their time running across the map to save you.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

Because if you get off a generator, run across half the map, go to unhook a survivor and they kobe for the laugh then you just wasted your own time and wasted the teams time by getting off the generator and you get no points for it since you couldn't unhook, all this because some moron wanted to attempt a kobe after they saw you run across the map for them.

It's selfish and I certainly won't ever try to help these people endgame.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

I may sound like a plebe asking this, but I do play Solo que a lot so I must ask for preperations sake. what does 4% mean?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

4% is the base chance to unhook yourself.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited March 2021

Could be worse. Whenever I duo with my friend (the only time I play DBD atm) it's a red rank killer against us (red rank) and two brown-white rank teammates, almost always console too.

Would rather potato red rank than actual low rank against my rank. (these killers normally shouldn't even be at this rank, either, they're just being boosted by MM giving them these survivors over and over lmao)

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Each attempt of unhooking yourself has the chance of 4% to be successful

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

So the Elodie tried to self unhook herself while this person was close? How is that toxic?

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89

I don’t understand the issue of the hooked survivor. Why would you risk 4% chance of escape when no one is coming to rescue you and result in second hook state? It makes sense (at least to me) to try when someone is coming as in the 96% chance I fail I’m still being unhooked!

You should probably take a break if you think this behaviour is toxic.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    edited March 2021

I just find this whole thing kinda petty.

If your willing to throw a game because someone attempted a kobe then that's your fault. Not going to lie I find it funny if they do it lol just as long as they don't go second state because of it.

We all want points.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I have no idea 🤷‍♂️

There's so much worse in solo queue out there.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

If they do it and fail then I don't mind and just unhook them.

I still get points for a safe unhook then and some healing.

Tho if they do succeed right in my face (4% or Deliverance) I turn around and go back on a gen.

They don't have to expect any heals from me the rest of the match.

I don't mind if they try it when we are the last one's and we are both hooked on our first hook, but during a normal game?

Nah don't expect anything from me if you succeed with jumping off

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Uh-oh looks like a survivor didn't follow Survivor rulebook™️ rule #145

"Don't try to kobe when someone's about to unhook you. It's toxic and you're a bad player." -A sweaty survivor main

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

I don't really care that much if they do that, only if I have We'll make it.

• idektbh
    idektbh Member Posts: 129

The "soloq experience"... R u referring to urself? Someone tried to kobe, let's ruin the match for them and for my other 2 teammates that have nothing to do with this! Yeah sounds fun! I'm sorry, but what a poor mindset u guys have

• PotatoPlayer
    PotatoPlayer Member Posts: 102

This never happened to me, if it did I wouldn't have thought much of it. I don't think you're toxic tho. If I did what you did, I wouldn't care about your reaction as much as everyone else in this thread is.... In solo queue, I just wanna play lol

You do you OP, show those kobes who's who 😂

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    edited March 2021

It’s a nice story

but to put that into perspective with dbd if he unhooks him the kid still get his cake and you get a piece as well because it’s not lying in the ground

meaning there is still one more survivor for the killer to chase. Just because the kid didn’t want the cake doesn’t mean everyone else doesn’t want a piece.

• Timo__R
    Timo__R Member Posts: 21

Are YOU okay?! what is the issue if someone 4% in my face it´s literally meaningless, who needs these few bloodpoints?

I have almost every killer and survivor prestige 3 with all perks and i never cared about bloodpoints.

If anyone is letting their mates die for THAT then i hope you guys get banned

• Timo__R
    Timo__R Member Posts: 21

Seriously? You ruin the game experince for someone because he denied youl like 1500 bloodpoints at best?

Ppl like you make this game so unnecessary Toxic

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I did this a couple of matches ago when it's was just me and someone else in the match because the other two left.

I ran straight to them and they tried to 4% twice and failed. So I just stopped, turned around and left them lol.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

My rule for this situation:

You wait to try to 4% in my face after I crossed the map to save you? I leave you go to struggle and pull you before you can suicide.

You try to rob me of points I will do the same in kind.

Hilarious the amount of DCs from these anti-mates. What was the goal? You try to rob me and instead of living with the inevitable consequences of your own actions you dc and lose it all lmfao

• Rizer
    Rizer Member Posts: 95

The only time I try to kobe is if it's my first hook and we're on the end game collapse because I normally run DS and don't want my team mates sacrificing themselves to rescue me... because the result is usually a traded hook... which gets us no where and only feeds the baby killer.

But the deal is, if I'm on the hook struggling and it's early game and no one is coming for me after I get to like 60% of my bar, I attempt the Kobe and if no one is still coming, I just suicide and go find another game... cause what's the point really?

Even if I do get off the hook, the team obviously sucks and it's an inevitable loss regardless.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375

I think there have already been several threads about this. 

I do not understand the intention to then leave the person on the hook and certainly not to teabag in front of him. 

People love gambling and there are some people who enjoy trying their luck when they are virtually out of danger and then once or twice try to tear the 4%, because they know there is someone who will save them. It's their kind of fun and hey, if they make it, I fix them and it goes on. I would never try it myself, because I never have the 4% anyway! *shrug*

Imagine the scenario: You're hooked and then you see your mate rushing to you the whole map just to unhook you. He does, all fine, if he hadn't had the killer on his butt, knocking you right back down because your "mate" won't even take a hit. Then I would like to have the possibility to use the selection "kick in the face" so that he can't farm me. 

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 372

The Solo Queue Experience: OP throws the game because they're petty for points.

Do you even realize you're the problem, not Elodie?